DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

@Duse
The 9" props will hit the rear bodywork that holds the GPS module. It's taped in place roughly the way it would sit in the aircraft.

After pondering this some more, why don't we leave the 2 categories but simply rename them to match expectations.

1) Factory Battery
2) Modified Battery

Amps and antennas are proven irrelevant now for record runs. Batteries and weight loss are the only real variables that add up in the equation now.

Just thinkin' out loud...

Reactions: SkyNinja
After pondering this some more, why don't we leave the 2 categories but simply rename them to match expectations.

1) Factory Battery
2) Modified Battery

Amps and antennas are proven irrelevant now for record runs. Batteries and weight loss are the only real variables that add up in the equation now.

Just thinkin' out loud...
I think that's a good idea as it would be impossible to know if someone deleted weight on a supposedly stock Mavic.

Another thing to consider is that the Platinum ESC board might be more efficient. I'll be doing a back to back test soon to compare, and if the gains are significant then there's another variable in the mix.

7ZMAgCL.png

Watt second vs battery % graph on a 35.12km total flight. Turnaround at 223.5k Ws, home point at 375.5k Ws. Can't get a break from the **** wind!

I do not mean to lessen Lolo's achievement, but maybe it's time re-address/re-define the rules of the game (which are painfully inadequate IMHO) for future record attempts, but leave all current board standings as-is.
I think your right except for the fact that now, one would have to attempt to break a record with a "true stock" Mavic that was accomplished by a "modded" Mavic! (stock to me means "out of the box"). However to say that anyone would have the same opportunity to make the same changes as @lolo780 has made and attempt to break his record is more fair to me! lolo has been forthright with all the changes he has made, I give props to him as well and I know that it take a lot of guts to make these changes and to attempt the flight without knowing what is going to happen.

In short because there are already #'s on the board with (not "out of the box") aircraft, my vote is "stock = no add-on's, but take off anythng you want!"

I think your right except for the fact that now, one would have to attempt to break a record with a "true stock" Mavic that was accomplished by a "modded" Mavic! (stock to me means "out of the box"). However to say that anyone would have the same opportunity to make the same changes as @lolo780 has made and attempt to break his record is more fair to me! lolo has been forthright with all the changes he has made, I give props to him as well and I know that it take a lot of guts to make these changes and to attempt the flight without knowing what is going to happen.

In short because there are already #'s on the board with (not "out of the box") aircraft, my vote is "stock = no add-on's, but take off anythng you want!"

DJI Mavic Body Shell Upper Middle Frame Bottom Shell For Mavic Pro Original Accessories Parts-in Camera Drones from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Mavic shells are so cheap that if one were to have 'cutters remorse' the AC could be rebuilt like new fairly easily.

I think that's a good idea as it would be impossible to know if someone deleted weight on a supposedly stock Mavic.

Another thing to consider is that the Platinum ESC board might be more efficient. I'll be doing a back to back test soon to compare, and if the gains are significant then there's another variable in the mix.

I would vote to lump all platinum parts and all legacy mavic pro parts into the same category. There would be no way to enforce or know for example if someone used new props on the legacy "stock" mavic. And this gives the stock board some more life and opportunities for others to achieve their 15 minutes of fame :)

Reactions: SkyNinja
I would vote to lump all platinum parts and all legacy mavic pro parts into the same category. There would be no way to enforce or know for example if someone used new props on the legacy "stock" mavic. And this gives the stock board some more life and opportunities for others to achieve their 15 minutes of fame :)

I'm hoping that the Platinum ESC board is the same price as standard since $68 is relatively cheap. I want to see that 3m extra flight time combined with Platinum props.
Mavic Pro Flight controller ESC board

nWo1ste.png

54596ft out into strong winds higher up to maintain signal. Could have easily gone another 1250m anyways.

VEIW2Td.png

Came back with 8% but my screen recorder cut off here and the Go app didn't record the flight. Will download aircraft data later.

SzExFsi.png

Horrible headwind burning 220+W on the way out.
I flew over the home point and then an extra 1800m just to run a few more % from the batteries. Externals after resting were 11.0 and 11.2 so good for a few more km.

I am just now catching up on past threads. Did an airdata link or video get published for this flight? I am extremely excited to analyze and learn from it!

I am just now catching up on past threads. Did an airdata link or video get published for this flight? I am extremely excited to analyze and learn from it!
I could upload the .Dat file to you. For some reason the Go app didn't save the phone side data.
A few posts up I posted the watt seconds from the flight.

I could upload the .Dat file to you. For some reason the Go app didn't save the phone side data.
A few posts up I posted the watt seconds from the flight.

I have rarely used the dat file in the past. Does it show coordinates at max distance and coordinates all the way back to the home point?

I have rarely used the dat file in the past. Does it show coordinates at max distance and coordinates all the way back to the home point?
The AC .DAT files contain much more detailed information at higher sample rates. Distance from home point and total travel distance are recorded, and the best part is Csviewer for analysis.

The AC .DAT files contain much more detailed information at higher sample rates. Distance from home point and total travel distance are recorded, and the best part is Csviewer for analysis.
Please post your file, thanks. I will go install these apps.

What I don't understand about this is if the new props are less noise, and supposed to provide a little more flight time, that should mean they're more efficient, but if they cause the motors to get even hotter than the stock ones, sounds like the old props on the old Mavic are more efficient. I'll just use mine as stealth props only. You would think they would make the motors less hot.
"more efficient" is a highly relative term. I believe the new props either have, or act like they have a higher pitch, and therefore spin at a a lower velocity (hence the lower noise).
Just as with a variable pitch prop in a full size A/C, generally, the higher the load (such as in climb out), the finer the pitch.
If this arrangement between load and pitch is not maintained, the engine exhaust gas temperature climbs. I cant say electric motors behave exactly the same way, but I'm not surprised that if you place too high a load on a prop with too much pitch, spinning slower than it's designed to spin, that you'd overheat the motor.

Reactions: cderoche
"more efficient" is a highly relative term. I believe the new props either have, or act like they have a higher pitch, and therefore spin at a a lower velocity (hence the lower noise).
Just as with a variable pitch prop in a full size A/C, generally, the higher the load (such as in climb out), the finer the pitch.
If this arrangement between load and pitch is not maintained, the engine exhaust gas temperature climbs. I cant say electric motors behave exactly the same way, but I'm not surprised that if you place too high a load on a prop with too much pitch, spinning slower than it's designed to spin, that you'd overheat the motor.

The platinum props have significantly more area and pitch versus the standard props and are well suited to stock or lighter battery mod setups. With heavy external batteries you can definitely load the motors down too much and the grams per watt number will drop off sharply.

Reactions: cderoche
58,919 ft. and back with the Mavic Pro -Terminator Extreme antenna boosted- 2x M.S. 4000 4.35 batteries Original props. I haven't got around to posting this on Mavic Pilots it's about a month old. This is the limit of the Mavic Pro. It has a glitch that kicks in right at 58k. We were hoping that the hackers could find the error in the code and fix it but so far nadda. This is a straight up battery mod no weight modifications and no hacks. Weight modded god we could go so much further its a shame.
@JakeMaxxUAV Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Attachments

• IMG_0365.PNG
    IMG_0365.PNG
    5.5 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0366.PNG
    IMG_0366.PNG
    5.5 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0363.PNG
    IMG_0363.PNG
    891.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
58,919 ft. and back with the Mavic Pro -Terminator Extreme antenna boosted- 2x M.S. 4000 4.35 batteries. I haven't got around to posting this on Mavic Pilots it's about a month old. This is the limit of the Mavic Pro. It has a glitch that kicks in right at 58k. We were hoping that the hackers could find the error in the code and fix it but so far nadda. This is a straight up battery mod no weight modifications and no hacks. Weight modded god we could go so much further its a shame.
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones
I wondered when you was going to put that up in here, epic flight

The platinum props have significantly more area and pitch versus the standard props and are well suited to stock or lighter battery mod setups. With heavy external batteries you can definitely load the motors down too much and the grams per watt number will drop off sharply.

lolo do you think when I use the 4000 or the 5200mah MS LiHV pack on top I should fly with the stock props and not the platinum ones? I have felt my motors super hot yet, however its been a little cooler lately weather wise here. Does the Mavic give a motor over heat warning at all? Don't want a motor to just fail abruptly mid flight. I only fly with a single external pack, I feel more than that is a lot of weight for the little Mavic. At least, as mine is setup, I have not shed weight like you have :D

I wondered when you was going to put that up in here, epic flight
Thanks Mick I'm sorry man I should have posted awhile ago. I spend most of my time on Facebook. Lately I haven't been going on there much either. Busy busy busy at work. I haven't looked thru all the posts but I figured somebody has at least tied it by now.

@JakeMaxxUAV
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones
Titan Cyclone
2 X 4000 LiHV multistars

New personal best for me today 47,751ft.
I was hoping to get over 52k ft which I did recently but didn't make it home, on that run I had to climb twice as high than this run, on the return home my battery percentage dropped 7-10% in one go twice coming back from 52k. Nearly time to put the Mavic away until spring, I'll get some fresh batteries for then

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys