DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Old fart's flying chair with porta shade!

Reactions: Classic flyer
Amazon. There are a number of sellers. Pretty sure they're made in China. As you can see from the link below it can be had with the dedicated CrystalSky mounting bracket, or a universal tablet/phone mount.

Amazon listing
Thanx very much...1 last question and ill stop bothering you... lol...I fly the original MP, will your setup work with it...again, thanx much...fly smart fly safe

Where did you purchase the red parts
I should add that the mount works well enough, but if you put anything heavier than my CS 5.5" monitor on it, the joints tend to move around as you move. You can tighten the joints more (with tools), but then they get hard to fold up into and from the storage position.

I bought a new mounting bracket, the Flightdeck, from PolarPro to mount the CrystalSky. Works better, locks and unlocks into position easily and positively and gives me access to the USB-C port on the CS. Now I need to fabricate a new adapter for the tripod.

Reactions: Classic flyer
This rig was built for the Spark and the CrystalSky monitor, but I could use it on the M2Z. The mount in the photo (the red piece) blocks the USB-C port on the CrystalSky, which is my preferred connection for the M2Z. The aluminum coloured piece is the adapter I fabricated and mounts directly to the quick release plate of the tripod.
View attachment 114952
Sweet! Bravo!

Very nicely done. Somewhat similar in concept (minus the monitor) to some rigs I've seen RC modelers use. How easy is it to use the App's controls on the monitor?

I went a different route, mounting all onto a tripod. All I need to do now is add a parasol!
Yes I made sure to allow access to the screen. The underside is open for either hand.

Indeed! That IS quite the rig! I like it. Something you fabricated?
Not at all. That is the new DJI "Capture Magic at Hand" release for the 20th. I don't know how he managed to get it before the release date...?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d