DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

On startup, a female announces a phrase in an unknown language

paparatzy

Reactions
Flying my Air 2s Part 107 since February of this year, having flown around 50 flights and when I initially startup the RC-1 controller and drone, I always hear a female voice announcement prior to confirmation that the Home Point has been set. The announcement is not in any language I recognize and the words come out as:

"All T2 Film Re-edge"

At least that is what is sounds like. I've contacted DJI, but it is difficult to explain and they didn't get it. Since I do not notice any abnormalities when flying the drone, I've let it go, but I'm going to take another stab at asking the community if anyone recognizes what is going on. I have a small mp3 audio clip of the announcement, but apparently you cannot attach an audio file to this forum.

Great catch!

I hear this announcement before the drone has left the ground so the altitude shouldn't have anything to do with that. Regularly I climb to the maximum height (usually 397') and at that point the drone automatically stops climbing and I do hear that announcement that the maximum height has been reached. It sounds normal and in English words.

Why do I hear this and is this normal? That almost raises a concern if the drone truly thinks maximum altitude has been reached while it is still on the ground and hasn’t taken off yet.

Does this mean I’m possibly at risk with a confused drone?

Last edited:
Reactions: benhuntn
Flying my Air 2s Part 107 since February of this year, having flown around 50 flights and when I initially startup the RC-1 controller and drone, I always hear a female voice announcement prior to confirmation that the Home Point has been set. The announcement is not in any language I recognize and the words come out as:

"All T2 Film Re-edge"

At least that is what is sounds like. I've contacted DJI, but it is difficult to explain and they didn't get it. Since I do not notice any abnormalities when flying the drone, I've let it go, but I'm going to take another stab at asking the community if anyone recognizes what is going on. I have a small mp3 audio clip of the announcement, but apparently you cannot attach an audio file to this forum.
Post the audio clip , that would be best

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Reactions: closetmonster
Have you tried to refresh the firmware through the assistant? Sounds like a bug that may have occurred during the download/installation.

Have you tried to refresh the firmware through the assistant? Sounds like a bug that may have occurred during the download/installation.
Yes, I’ve upgraded every time there has been an update released since Feb 1st

Yes, I’ve upgraded every time there has been an update released since Feb 1st
But have you attempted to refresh the software. Sometimes an update will fail during the installation process and cause challenges. In the DJI assistant it gives you the ability to refresh the current package. Have you tried to refresh the current released software package?

But have you attempted to refresh the software. Sometimes an update will fail during the installation process and cause challenges. In the DJI assistant it gives you the ability to refresh the current package. Have you tried to refresh the current released software package?
Ah, didn’t know about that. I will do that today and report back as I’m about to leave to fly my airship over acreage for sale. Thank you.

Reactions: March411
Yep,

fire up the assistant and plug in the controller and you should see the ability to refresh the install.

Yep,

fire up the assistant and plug in the controller and you should see the ability to refresh the install.
OK, back home after a flight in Class G airspace, no permissions needed. On startup, the first thing I heard was "All-T-Tude Film Refresh". ThisPilotThere had suggested in slang English it was saying "Altitude Zone Reached", which I now would agree with.

Now at home, I downloaded the DJI Assistant app, connected the RC-1 to the iPad and turned both on. The app is garbage based on my experience and ratings of 1.5. I couldn't login even though I was using the credentials I signed up with previously and without logging in, the app could not find my device even though the controller was on. I gave up on that and will have to research other options to refresh the install. Delete the Go Fly app and reinstall?

Anyway, I live within a 5 mile radius of an airport and after connecting and powering up the controller, iPad, drone, I did not hear the strange message, just the Home Point has been Established. I tried it twice with same result.

So on a very limited test, in a Controlled Air Space I don't hear the recording while in Class G, not controlled, I get the message. I contacted DJI Support and their first response was that the recording was not in their software and they asked for my coordinates.

Did you download the proper Assistant 2? There are several versions. You want the one for "consumer drones"

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-26 2.32.00 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-26 2.32.00 PM.png
    147.9 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: MS Coast
Altitude Zone Reached - in a really thick accent.

Did you download the proper Assistant 2? There are several versions. You want the one for "consumer drones"
Sigh...it just doesn't stop. I downloaded the correct app DJI Assistant 2 from the DJI site (not iPadOS version), connected the controller to the Mac, ran the app and get the error message "Cannot Load Firmware List. (4-10) Please Retry, which I did several times.

Sigh...it just doesn't stop. I downloaded the correct app DJI Assistant 2 from the DJI site (not iPadOS version), connected the controller to the Mac, ran the app and get the error message "Cannot Load Firmware List. (4-10) Please Retry, which I did several times.
Bro, I'd forget all the firmware changes people are suggesting. The message is normal for a MA2 - not sure if other models do it. All 3 people I personally know (plus you and me) have the same message.

I can now confirm what thispilotthere suggested, that the DJI Fly app voice warning Altitude Zone Reached that sounds like “All-T-Two-Film-Re-Edge”means I am in an Altitude Zone and altitude is limited to 150m (492ft).

I do live within 5 miles of an Airport and flying from a location 9 miles from the airport I was still in an Altitude Zone (in the flight path), which is restricted to 150m in altitude (492.13ft).

DJI responded that above 150m a “flight license” is required. As a Part 107 pilot I don’t fly above 397’ anyway but it is good to know I’m in the Altitude Zone with a warning but doesn’t restrict the drone from flying.

I sent the audio recording to DJI support and was told that wasn’t part of their app. Even they did not recognize it until I sent them the GPS coordinates of the location I was flying, which showed the location to be in an Altitude Zone. They had no answer as to why the warning sounds like it does.

I can imagine a DJI employee, not knowing English was trained to pronounce and record all the app warnings but this one was mistakenly left off the list. The employee, untrained on how to pronounce the words had to wing it

Just saying.

Bro, I'd forget all the firmware changes people are suggesting. The message is normal for a MA2 - not sure if other models do it. All 3 people I personally know (plus you and me) have the same message.
Thank you much, it’s great to have community. I just posted my resolution and it is good to know my MA2s is not alone. Happy flying!

Reactions: thispilothere
What device are you using? It sounds to me like you might need to check your text-to-voice settings for a more natural voice. This is a phone/tablet setting not Fly app.

I tooo get this message and am in an altitude zone flight path restricted to 150m. To me it sounds like All-T-Two-zone-reaction. I get this message with the Air2s and the Mini 3 Pro. Also the the message on the screen telling me I’m in a restricted altitude zone pops up on the screen at the same time this voice is announcing it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13