DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

One plus 5

doccy

Reactions
Just in case this helps anyone looking at the new one plus phone released last week.

I can confirm it fits the controller well. Has a nice bright screen (not as bright as latest Iphone on full brightness though) and most importantly for me - has not crashed the android app for me yet... which is refreshing.

Given the quirky nature of DJI apps on android however - you may have other experiences/ i am not holding my breath for a trouble free time with this either.

Good phone in general and camera is a big upgrade form my previous.

Reactions: Pathogen
I have one too, I never had problems with earlier OnePlus 3, and with 5 , no problems at all.

Please do update us, if it crashes and also mention what version of the dji go app everyone is running.

Fresh OnePlus 5 owner here...everything seems very nice and smooth. The 8GB of RAM definately is useful for DjiGo-app etc. No disconnects this far...fingers crossed.

A small update... The only "issue" I have so far is the "pocket mode". The OnePlus has an option to detect "phone in pocket" and disable unwanted unlocks etc. However, if I attach the phone to the RC before unlocking it will detect "phone is in pocket" as the RC covers the detector. Easy to work around, either by disabling "pocket mode" or by unlocking before attaching to the RC. Other than that I am super happy with the phone. Lightning fast and smooth!

Just hope you never have to call 911 with it :D
Mmm...I agree. That is a serious bug that should not have made it out. From my understanding they are looking into that now and hopefully they will push an OTA before someone ends up in that situation. As for me, I live in Sweden and we dial 112 and if I understood it correctly (might be wrong), that is working. Let's all hope that nothing happens for anyone.

112 is supposed to be worldwide "mobile", but I imagine Americans would still all do 911 anyway.

I have been caught out with pocket mode a couple of times - no biggie though.

Unfortunately i now have experienced the annoying app crash that android units are so prone to.

Happened to me twice now (over several flights) This is better than my old mobile - but still very disappointing. Thankfully both crashes were transient issues - i was able to load the app and get going again very quickly - but it is never nice to lose connection when your bird is a few km away.

112 is supposed to be worldwide "mobile", but I imagine Americans would still all do 911 anyway.
Just an update on this topic. I just installed the latest OTA and that should solve this issue. Hopefully a safe phone now...
Did some flying today. No problems with disconnects etc. Everything was smooth.

Does anyone have issues with the GPS on the phone after installing the DJI Go app? My phone's GPS tends to go haywire at times and I had to restart my phone to get it up and running again. I read somewhere in OnePlus's forum and some of them had the same problem and uninstalling the DJI Go app somehow fixes it. It'll be great if anyone of u can confirm this.. Thanks!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661