DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Opti mode

1st off, welcome to the forum.

You are in beginners mode, this needs to be turned off. Go into your Go4 app, photo below and turn it off.
C10BBA28-969D-41BE-A2A3-69CB1F40DEF9.png

Make sure your in p mode, button on side of the controller, middle position and turn on intelligent flight modes in the go 4 app.
BF1F4141-7669-4BDE-94E9-D8F8CF0B3CCB.png

I recommend having a look at the go 4 manual DJI GO 4 Manual: The Pilot's Handbook - Page 3 of 10 - DJI Guides
Plus this https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/20180920/Mavic 2 Pro Zoom User Manual_v1.2.pdf

There’s also loads of YT videos to watch.

Hope it helps you;)

Last edited:
1st off, welcome to the forum.

You are in beginners mode, this needs to be turned off. Go into your Go4 app, photo below and turn it off.
View attachment 59342

Make sure your in p mode, button on side of the controller, middle position and turn on intelligent flight modes in the go 4 app.
View attachment 59341

I recommend having a look at the go 4 manual DJI GO 4 Manual: The Pilot's Handbook - Page 3 of 10 - DJI Guides
Plus this https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/20180920/Mavic 2 Pro Zoom User Manual_v1.2.pdf

There’s also loads of YT videos to watch.

Hope it helps you;)

Hey porky
Thanks very much...
Will do, actually I had turned of the beginners mode, but didn't do the intelli flight modes... was flying indoors inside a huge tower, so she would reach max alt at 5 metres, but got sorted when I flew out doors. I am more used to the TX where I switch the modes... DJI A3...

Hey porky
Thanks very much...
Will do, actually I had turned of the beginners mode, but didn't do the intelli flight modes... was flying indoors inside a huge tower, so she would reach max alt at 5 metres, but got sorted when I flew out doors. I am more used to the TX where I switch the modes... DJI A3...

It won't come out of OPTI mode if it cannot get good enough GPS reception to determine its position. That's commonly the case indoors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead