DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ordering a mavic air 2

ElM3M3

Reactions
Hi, I want to buy a MA2, but I´m looking where could be the best option, it must has a good return policies and if I can ask for a discount it would be great.

For example Amazon is a great option, fast, reliable and with a good return policy, but expensive (no tax free and no discounts).

On the other hand DJI Official Store, it is 5% off and doesn´t charge tax in my state, there is a difference of $130 compared to amazon retail price + tax, but I doubt that DJI has the customer service and return policies that amazon has, so I´m looking for something with both or more beneficts.

Looking at the DJI authorized retailers I found this one "helidirect.com", like DJI they are offering a 5% discount, tax free in my state and a 30 days for returns or exchanges, in my opinion it is a good option, but What do you think?
What do you suggest me?
Do you know something about this site?
Is this site reliable?
Is there a better or similar option?

PD: searching in many websites, I notice that in some of them there is a Shipping insurance for an extra cost, but Why? I´m paying with PayPal, Am I protected even if I don´t want to purchase that insurance?, I also read that the shipping insurance protects the seller and it must be bought by him and not the buyer, but then Why are they incluiding this option?

Thank you!

• Haha
Reactions: tiwag
Amazon is my first option. Helidirect is a very reputable website in the RC Helicopter community. They have probably over 10 years on the market. I Probably expend over 20K in that website :) with all my helis.

How ever, the amazon return policy can not be better. Again, my first choice will be amazon.

Amazon is my first option. Helidirect is a very reputable website in the RC Helicopter community. They have probably over 10 years on the market. I Probably expend over 20K in that website :) with all my helis.

How ever, the amazon return policy can not be better. Again, my first choice will be amazon.

Good to hear that about Helidirect, thank you! and I love Amazon, they are always my first option, but now, there is a $130 difference with Helidirect, because they are not charging me taxes and giving me an extra 5% off

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I bought from Drone Works. Awful experience. I ordered the unit as a purchase. Turns out that it was a pre-order, which was not stated anywhere, and it took them like 2 weeks to finally ship it. Meanwhile, when I questioned the delay, the guy was offended and even threatened to kick me off his site. After receiving the drone, I sent an email or 2 asking about the DJI Care certificate, which I'd paid for and he replied that DJI Care is tied to the serial number and never provided the certificate. He also complained about the fact that I never write my emails during business hours. Really??? And still no DJI Care Certificate. Amazon, B&H, etc, never fail.

I bought from Drone Works. Awful experience. I ordered the unit as a purchase. Turns out that it was a pre-order, which was not stated anywhere, and it took them like 2 weeks to finally ship it. Meanwhile, when I questioned the delay, the guy was offended and even threatened to kick me off his site. After receiving the drone, I sent an email or 2 asking about the DJI Care certificate, which I'd paid for and he replied that DJI Care is tied to the serial number and never provided the certificate. He also complained about the fact that I never write my emails during business hours. Really??? And still no DJI Care Certificate. Amazon, B&H, etc, never fail.

Wow and there many guys (maybe employs), recommending that site, good to know this to avoid it, thank you!

I have a good friend that bought an Evo II Rugged Bundle from Drone Works and had the same issue with the purchase v pre-order deal and only received the drone. Two months later the bundle was still MIA.

I used the Amazon option where you apply for their credit card and get $100 off your purchase. It is one time use.

Last edited:
Hi, I want to buy a MA2, but I´m looking where could be the best option, it must has a good return policies and if I can ask for a discount it would be great.

For example Amazon is a great option, fast, reliable and with a good return policy, but expensive (no tax free and no discounts).

On the other hand DJI Official Store, it is 5% off and doesn´t charge tax in my state, there is a difference of $130 compared to amazon retail price + tax, but I doubt that DJI has the customer service and return policies that amazon has, so I´m looking for something with both or more beneficts.

Looking at the DJI authorized retailers I found this one "helidirect.com", like DJI they are offering a 5% discount, tax free in my state and a 30 days for returns or exchanges, in my opinion it is a good option, but What do you think?
What do you suggest me?
Is this site reliable?

PD: searching in many websites, I notice that in some of them there is a Shipping insurance for an extra cost, but Why? I´m paying with PayPal, Am I protected even if I don´t want to purchase that insurance?, I also read that the shipping insurance protects the seller and it must be bought by him and not the buyer, but then Why are they incluiding this option?

Thank you!

Apple. Next day delivery and easy returns!! A lot of ppl don’t know Apple carries DJI so they’re always in stock.

What do you suggest me?
Is this site reliable?

Thank you!
I bought mine at Best Buy, you can buy an extended warranty (a little expensive) through Best Buy vs the warranty from DJI (which is not a bad deal).
Good luck.

Mine came from Multicopter Warehouse. Was shipped a month after ordering. I was on a list, and they were coming in one or two at a time. I hope the list was not alphabetical!

Thank you all, finally I got mine, now I´m learning about it (What is normal and what is not)

And I ordered it from dominionsdrones.com, ordered on saturday, shipped on wednesday and received on monday :)

Thank you all, finally I got mine, now I´m learning about it (What is normal and what is not)

And I ordered it from dominionsdrones.com, ordered on saturday, shipped on wednesday and received on monday :)

What's normal?

NONE of us is NORMAL!

What's normal?

NONE of us is NORMAL!
With the drone not with us hahaha, for example I used to have a mavic pro with a gimbal or camera issue (weird moves), I thought it was its normal behavior, but then someone told that it wasn’t normal so I decided to return it

Reactions: MA2 317
I'd say you're on the right track with helidirect, balancing all the data points with emphasis on cost savings vs odds of return-related customer services issues. Helidirect and enjoy your drone!

Buying direct from DJI Store w/5% off plus no sales tax, what are you waiting for. Advantage 3: If Care Refresh included from the DJI Store there is no hassle in the activation of the coverage; I assume immediately activated, or two days post shipping.

I bought from Amazon:mad: with supposed "Auto-Activation" :mad: major PITA. Returned it because DJI wouldnt honor Auto-Activation. Re-Ordered from DJI Store.

I pay sales tax at Amazon. Primarily because they (Amazon) have a distribution site in Alabama (mind you the hub isnt a retail store) and Alabama is so poor they welcome federal law imposing taxation on internet purchases into the State of disgrace.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78