DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Orientation Display Not Visible DJI FLY

wyz

Reactions
Hi. I'm a new user and have read many threads about the orientation display not working properly due to improper calibration of compass or loaction services not enabled. I am running DJI FLY on an iPhone 8+, flying a Mini 2. I love the product, but my problem is that the orinentation display is simply not there at all in the bottom center of the screen. I've looked through seemingly all of the menu options to see if i needed to enable it but could not find any on/off toggle. Same problem using my iPhone 11 as well.

Am I totally missing something obvious?

Thanks

Reactions: Tony McDrone
Hi. I'm a new user and have read many threads about the orientation display not working properly due to improper calibration of compass or loaction services not enabled. I am running DJI FLY on an iPhone 8+, flying a Mini 2. I love the product, but my problem is that the orinentation display is simply not there at all in the bottom center of the screen. I've looked through seemingly all of the menu options to see if i needed to enable it but could not find any on/off toggle. Same problem using my iPhone 11 as well.

Thanks
if you had bothered read the multiple threads on this you would have realised there is NO orientation display at the bottom centre of the screen anymore. A new and improved display can be found at the bottom left corner in the updated app.

Last edited by a moderator:
For your information I did bother to look for a thread on my issue and I only found explanations for why the orientation display was not working properly, nothing about why it wasn't there at all. I do bother to research, you should not presume that people don't. I would've expected folks on the forum to be a bit more pleasant.

For your information I did bother to look for a thread on my issue and I only found explanations for why the orientation display was not working properly, nothing about why it wasn't there at all. I do bother to research, you should not presume that people don't. I would've expected folks on the forum to be a bit more pleasant.
Welcome to the forum, and greetings from San Diego.

He’s not representative of the majority of our forum members. This is a site for learning and teaching. Please enjoy your new views of our beautiful state and above all feel comfortable to ask questions as necessary.

Pass it along when you are able.

Welcome to the forum, and greetings from San Diego.

He’s not representative of the majority of our forum members. This is a site for learning and teaching. Please enjoy your new views of our beautiful state and above all feel comfortable to ask questions as necessary.

Pass it along when you are able.
Thank you very much...and, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

As in life, this forum has a variety of attitudes. Sorry you got a negative one right out of the box. The new attitude indicator is imbedded in the small map in the lower left corner. To bring it up you need to touch one of the corners of the map. The AI is similar to the one on the older Go4 app used when flying older model DJI drones. It is very useful once to get accustomed to using it. Hang in there with the group. There are many experienced and helpful members to assist you.

Reactions: sarniac
The people on this forum are super and extremely helpful with even what I'm sure they consider a ridiculous question. I know because I have asked too many that they probably are asking themselves, why doesn't he know that

reading this reply prompted me to join and to apologise as an Australian on behalf of the unwarranted remarks made to a reasonable question. I did feel embarassed. I have been reading these forums for a while and there is a lot of very good advice to be shared via this platform. I have both a mini 1 and a MA2. cheers and happy new year

reading this reply prompted me to join and to apologise as an Australian on behalf of the unwarranted remarks made to a reasonable question. I did feel embarassed. I have been reading these forums for a while and there is a lot of very good advice to be shared via this platform. I have both a mini 1 and a MA2. cheers and happy new year
Thanks mate. Funny thing is that I never had the old version, just got my Mini 2 for Christmas, so I am only aware of the current version. All of the tutorials I'd seen referred to the Orientation Display, which was never available to me, so i thought, what the heck - what's wrong with my setup?

Happy New Year right back at you. No need to feel embarrassed. I love Aussies and have spent many trips for down in the ACT. You folks are awesome, well, 99.99% of ya. Haha. Cheers!

Thanks mate. Funny thing is that I never had the old version, just got my Mini 2 for Christmas, so I am only aware of the current version. All of the tutorials I'd seen referred to the Orientation Display, which was never available to me, so i thought, what the heck - what's wrong with my setup?

Happy New Year right back at you. No need to feel embarrassed. I love Aussies and have spent many trips for down in the ACT. You folks are awesome, well, 99.99% of ya. Haha. Cheers!
Like you, we are all "victims" of the inadequate user's manual of DJI.

The posts in this forum are far superior to the manual that DJI puts out ? Thumbswayup

Last edited:
Reactions: wyz

Thanks
Ive got the same problem. If you get a solution, please let me know!!

It turns out that they consolidated the orientation display into the map view, lower left icon. If you touch the upper right corner house the map icon you’ll get what looks like the new orientation display icon. Apparently this was done in a software upgrade which occurred just before I purchased my Mini 2, hence I do not have any experience with the origial orientation display.

Ive got the same problem. If you get a solution, please let me know!!
Not to get snarky, but just please read the whole thread, your answer lies between the first post and yours :)

I wasted my time reading all of it already... answer not there.
The solution is to downgrade to app version 1.2.1 if you can if you prefer the original orientation indicator over the new Attitude indicator introduced in version 1.2.2.

Why is this hard to understand?

I like the new style better . The old version did not seem to ever work . I also don’t plan on doing a funky 2 step dance to try and have the old version work on my iPad . The new version is different that what’s on GO4 but it’s still OK . To each there own I guess [emoji16]

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven