DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Original Mavic Air Questions

Mavic Mac

Reactions
Hopefully it is ok to post this here

Due to life circumstances and now living in an area of strictly controlled air space I have not flown or been on these forums for a long time and my 107 hasn't been renewed.
I noticed the Mavic Air 1 thread is shaded out. My questions
1. Does someone make a remote identifier for the MA1 ?
2. Are people still flying the MA1 ?.
3. Is there a market or demand for used MA1s or their accessories ?
I have quite an array of accessories for the MA1 including batteries still new n the box, chargers, range extender, etc, etc - to numerous to list all

Any info will be appreciated - thanks in advance for all replies

My bias nowadays is quad FPV flying... but with this said, I still have my Mavic Air 1 for pure photography use (mostly stills) & will most probably never ditch it... it's still possible to hack to FCC mode easily without any special firmware or other code pieces (live in EU), can then give flight distances of 4km LOS in sub-urban environments (pure battery regulated actually), fully supported by Litchi & other 3:rd party app developers, give good enough photo & video quality in better lightening, is sturdy built & can be very portable as it supports commands straight out from a mobile device without an RC & actually without everything extra just with your hands... the only drawback is the somewhat & comparable shorter flight time of around 15min. in real life, which only demands a bit more extensive flight planning to handle in order to get the shoots you want.

But second hand value... eh, perhaps nothing that you should rely on, will mostly be somewhat symbolic.

Regarding the RID requirement that soon will exist in some countries... don't count on that DJI will release some update for it... prepare to buy some of the numerous "stand alone RID units" for it.

In the end... not much second hand value for the non initiated & ignorant, pixel peepers or the "have the latest" guys... but still performing if you have & can source good batteries.

Reactions: Felix le Chat
Thanks

I can comiserate. Like you I have a MA1 and just about every accessory, ND filters, parabolic ears, tablet holder for controller, steady cam handle mount, car chargers, 4 pack charger, 4 original batteries that are still good for about 13 min. each, Yada, Yada, Yada.

A scan of the For Sale thread here and RCGroups.com shows that the time has past for a sale. I just wish I could find a parent and child wanting to explore the RC / AP hobby and I would gift the whole works and when the time comes I would hope they would gift it forward. Donating to a school STEM is out of the question due to regulations here, insurance and licensing and any school division would be nuts to accept it now a days.

So the MA1 flies 2 or 3 times a year to inspect my eaves troughs so this old guy knows where they need to be cleaned of elm seeds in the spring and elm leafs in the fall; an excuse to run all the batteries though a full cycle.

Reactions: Jack in Dixie
I own a DJI Mavic Air as well and just tried it our after several years of travelling, so I could not spend the time to fly it since then. Yesterday I tried the drone and I get a message " Invalid key for component" on the DJI Fly app. Is this the indicator that it needs an RID? For some reason, it did take off 2 times but now all I see is this message. and I cannot connect the drone to the controller.

Is there an FID available for purchase? Or is the DJI Air worthless now? Thanks!!!

scan of the For Sale thread here and RCGroups.com shows that the time has past for a sale. I just wish I could find a parent and child wanting to explore the RC / AP hobby and I would gift the whole works and when the time comes I would hope they would gift it forward.
You might also consider donating it to a local college that teaches Drone Classes, a local Scout Troop, or a local Radio Control Club (possible sale there…). Here in the US you do not require RID if you are flying in a FAA-Recognized Identification Areas (FRIAs). There are areas designated as a geographic area where drones can be flown without Remote ID equipment. Both the drone and the pilot must be located within the FRIA's boundaries throughout the operation.

But with that being said, I do not believe that Remote Identification is yet required for drones in Canada, but it is a developing topic and it might have been enacted recently…

Here in the US, Radio Control Flying Clubs for R/C Aircraft are looking into this seriously, as even R/C aircraft are required to have RID… And that means an expensive add-on Remote Identification Module mounted on your airplane or helicopter, so it's not just for drones…

I do not know if Canada has the same provisions as this, but it might be worth looking into…

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas