DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Air 1 vs. Mini 3

RRDC Media

Reactions
Hi,
I have the Mavic Air 1 and am thinking of getting a second drone. I like the Mini 3 because it has vertical filming capabilities and is below 249g so I compared the specs with the MA1 and it looks to be relatively similar. I love my MA1 and am looking for similar video quality for my Youtube channel.

Does somebody have experience with both? Or if you have a Mini 3, what has your experience been like?

Thanks

Reactions: JimSteadman
Hi,
I have the Mavic Air 1 and am thinking of getting a second drone. I like the Mini 3 because it has vertical filming capabilities and is below 249g so I compared the specs with the MA1 and it looks to be relatively similar. I love my MA1 and am looking for similar video quality for my Youtube channel.

Does somebody have experience with both? Or if you have a Mini 3, what has your experience been like?

Thanks
I don’t have the mini 3 but I do have the mini 2 and the air 2. They are both far Superior in filming capabilities, battery life, range etc. My air 1 is nicer to look at but thats about it!

Reactions: RRDC Media
I don’t have the mini 3 but I do have the mini 2 and the air 2. They are both far Superior in filming capabilities, battery life, range etc. My air 1 is nicer to look at but thats about it!
I have both. You can't go wrong with the Mini 3 pro. It broadens your filming capabilities and is just generally more fun to fly.

Reactions: WobblingWillie
I compared the specs with the MA1 and it looks to be relatively similar. I love my MA1 and am looking for similar video quality for my Youtube channel.

As for image quality, the Mini 3 Pro has a way larger sensor than Air 1.
In fact, it is more than twice the area, 28,5 vs. 69 square mm.
That, combined with more modern and improved image processing, will give you far better image quality.

You're talking about the Pro, what about the regular mini 3?
According to the specs from DJI, the Mini 3 (not Pro) has the same camera and the same image sensor as the Mini 3 Pro.
There are some differences in video recording (bitrate and formats), and the Mini 3 is listed as a slightly lower highest ISO setting.
Some websites incorrectly says that the sensor in Mini 3 is 12 MP, while the one in Mini 3 Pro is 48 MP. DJI says they both have 48 "effective" MP. The fact is both are 12 MP, but can produce images with 48 MP with the help of array-conversion and quad bayer filters.

Last edited:
According to the specs from DJI, the Mini 3 (not Pro) has the same camera and the same image sensor as the Mini 3 Pro.
There are some differences in video recording (bitrate and formats), and the Mini 3 is listed as a slightly lower highest ISO setting.
Some websites incorrectly says that the sensor in Mini 3 is 12 MP, while the one in Mini 3 Pro is 48 MP. DJI says they both have 48 "effective" MP. The fact is both are 12 MP, but can produce images with 48 MP with the help of array-conversion and quad bayer filters.
thanks

I have an Air 1 and a mini 3 pro. I know your asking about the plain mini 3. The cameras are almost the same so I would assume that the mini 3 will produce better photos then the air 1. my pro does.Plus the mini is like silent compared to the air1 LOL really is very quite. and its a lot more fun to fly, longer range, longer flight time ita a no brainer get the mini 3 and if you can afford it go for the pro .

I have an Air 1 and a mini 3 pro. I know your asking about the plain mini 3. The cameras are almost the same so I would assume that the mini 3 will produce better photos then the air 1. my pro does.Plus the mini is like silent compared to the air1 LOL really is very quite. and its a lot more fun to fly, longer range, longer flight time ita a no brainer get the mini 3 and if you can afford it go for the pro .
Helps a lot, thank you!

Reactions: Daytona500
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne