DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OSMO Pocket Pricing Released

The most important thing about the Pocket is that it avoids the stabilization conflicts with the phone camera.

I believe the gimbal will spin 360 which the Mobile 2 won't.

You're so right! In fact, nothing raises one's dork factor higher than using an iPad for photo and video capture. You even get bonus points if you use it exclusively in portrait orientation!
Agree....... Most of the time i just use the 5D MarkII Canon but it’s heavy to always lug around. Know what i mean?

I do know what you mean, and that's where I think the OP fits in pretty nicely. Easy to carry, easy to operate, and for the price/performance ratio...not too bad of a value (although I think it really should be around the $250-299 mark). I won’t lie though, I’m still unsure why a full frame SLR has anything to do with comparing shooting on an iPad to shooting with an OP. I’m sure there’s some folks here running around with access to a Red Monstro 8k too...but that would also be irrelevant.

Over the last few days I've really enjoyed the OSMO Pocket. It was very evident that it needed a tripod adapter, we came up with this it is available on our site HERE It is 3D Printed out of a flexible rubber so it won't scratch your OSMO Pocket. Video to come soon!

Over the last few days I've really enjoyed the OSMO Pocket. It was very evident that it needed a tripod adapter, we came up with this it is available on our site HERE It is 3D Printed out of a flexible rubber so it won't scratch your OSMO Pocket. Video to come soon!

It would have been better if you'd have left a hole for the bottom USB port though...

As someone who uses a Zhiyun Crane V2 for my Sony A6500 camera, I cannot wait to get my hands on the Pocket Osmo. The Zhiyun gimbal is outstanding, but the entire setup is heavy and not exactly easy to quickly change the setup based on lenses. You really have to plan out your shots when you use it. I have been wanting a gimbal system for a small camera that is fast to deploy and compact. As an owner of various GoPros, there were options but they all required too much time and forethought for my applications. This Pocket Osmo looks to be exactly what I have been waiting for for my needs. No it won't replace my large gimbal and A6500 camera in all situations, but it will give my production work more flexibility to shoot video while on the move. After the holidays I plan on ordering one.

It would have been better if you'd have left a hole for the bottom USB port though...
There is a version 2 coming out that will, but I've not had a need for it yet as the battery lasts so long.

Are those the decals applied with water.......
You can wet apply them, but the dry method works best in my opinion. Here is a video I did on the Mavic 2 Case decal install so you can see how it is done:

Reactions: Prmath
I still haven’t seen any reports as long the battery lasts. Only that it gets hot.
The only time I've had it get hot was shooting 4K at 60fps.

Well, for me the tripod mount would be most beneficial for timelapse/motionlapse type shots but I guess with the idiotic automatic undefeatable shut down in place it really doesn't matter if you can keep the thing charged or not! LOL

Well, for me the tripod mount would be most beneficial for timelapse/motionlapse type shots but I guess with the idiotic automatic undefeatable shut down in place it really doesn't matter if you can keep the thing charged or not! LOL
Yeah, motionlapse and timelapse aren't fun without a tripod. Still not sure why DJI made the bottom edges rounded so it tips over so easy. My first tripod mount didn't have a widened base, but I thought it would be good to add it to prevent the tipping action.
IMG_20181219_213305 SM.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d