DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Part 1 Hamersley Gorge, Karijini Western Australia

Wow. My MA2 could do that if you were flying it! Where were you for your Home Points throughout-up on the cliffs, down in the gorge (on a boat!) How many takes did you record? No probs if you don’t have the time to answer but would be interested.

WOW impressive. Pucker factor and lack of depth perception would be a no-go for me. More impressive is you still have the drone (I assume). Enjoyed it..keep it up

Reactions: John Gowland
Wow. My MA2 could do that if you were flying it! Where were you for your Home Points throughout-up on the cliffs, down in the gorge (on a boat!) How many takes did you record? No probs if you don’t have the time to answer but would be interested.
At 1.23 on the left there is a small rock, to the right of that is a larger one, I was part laid down behind that. At 1.02 at the top of the screen in the middle there is a small blue dot, the shirt I was wearing. I did multiple passes up and down from the same position.

In Australia you try to avoid driving at sunset, sunrise and generally at night. Kangaroos can do a lot of damage to your car. They freeze in the road, often jump off the road and for some strange reason jump back on! Almost everyone has a story about hitting a roo. Then smack, some can stand at 6 feet. So, people leave places to avoid sunset. So, you can film alone, as you know this is the best time anyway. However, it does mean you have to camp near so you don’t have to drive at sunset and can be alone at sunrise.

Reactions: 4006448
What a magnificent landscape! Nice flying. I was waiting for a croc/alligator jumping out and taking the avata!
Funny you should say that. I sometimes stay at a backpackers in places like here in Karijini. I showed a guy the vid and he said he saw a crock in the middle of the pool. :)

Funny you should say that. I sometimes stay at a backpackers in places like here in Karijini. I showed a guy the vid and he said he saw a crock in the middle of the pool. :)

Lol, no crocs in Karinjini . . . did you tell him, or let the myth prevail ?

Loved our drive through there in 2019, part of a 5 week, 5 states, 14,200km little 4wd trip.
Finally bagged Mt Meharry and Mt Bruce.

Reactions: 4006448
Lol, no crocs in Karinjini . . . did you tell him, or let the myth prevail ?

Loved our drive through there in 2019, part of a 5 week, 5 states, 14,200km little 4wd trip.
Finally bagged Mt Meharry and Mt Bruce.
Ha it was a rock, he was only joking. At around the middle of the vid. Yup a stunning place.

At 1.23 on the left there is a small rock, to the right of that is a larger one, I was part laid down behind that. At 1.02 at the top of the screen in the middle there is a small blue dot, the shirt I was wearing. I did multiple passes up and down from the same position.

In Australia you try to avoid driving at sunset, sunrise and generally at night. Kangaroos can do a lot of damage to your car. They freeze in the road, often jump off the road and for some strange reason jump back on! Almost everyone has a story about hitting a roo. Then smack, some can stand at 6 feet. So, people leave places to avoid sunset. So, you can film alone, as you know this is the best time anyway. However, it does mean you have to camp near so you don’t have to drive at sunset and can be alone at sunrise.
You also get such good light. Fascinating to hear about a little bit of Aussie life. We just have to avoid the traffic, stray dogs and pedestrians wander over the road looking the other way. Hey ho! Thanks for getting back to me, I did spot a flash of blue where you said.

Reactions: John Gowland
Incredible footage and expertly navigated. You were very game taking chances with signal loss, water reflections and collisions. What was your RTH strategy on signal loss? Certainly had me on the edge of my seat!
All the low shots were with the Avata. This is the way of the future with drones just so stable with no sensors other than a downward one. But that downward one is one hell of an optical flow CPU. That is where it will be incorporated with all future DJI drones including all Mavics. However, there are two problems, one local one general. The general problem is the great difficulty in using the “break” it just does not work. When you lose connection, you need to be able to break, get your bearings, figure out what is around you, especially above. So, what happens is it just rises before RTH and bang into an object. The second issue is the local issue FC it is tiny compared to the FCC. So, you are very restricted in Australia.

So as usual it is just practice, practice, practice. You go further and then further while looking up for windows in case the RTH engages. Not easy, but there is no other way. Except to hack it for the local issue and my hack does not work without internet connection. So, I need to find another way to get FCC distance without internet connection. So please anyone help. But I gripe, it turned out to be a dream of a flight/recording. Thank you.

Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard