DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 mission within non LANC system Airport boundaries

(I had to get an FCC license when I started pilot training in the late 60’s but I can’t imagine that it’s still valid.)
I remember getting that FCC license back in the mid-70s, and don't remember it having an expiration date. I also remember that there was a "station license" for the comm radios that went with the airplane. I seem to recall that somewhere along the way the need for an operator license went away like it did for CB, but I'm not sure.

I remember getting that FCC license back in the mid-70s, and don't remember it having an expiration date. I also remember that there was a "station license" for the comm radios that went with the airplane. I seem to recall that somewhere along the way the need for an operator license went away like it did for CB, but I'm not sure.
It wasn’t very fancy - handwritten entries on a piece of thick beige paper.

They did used to have a radio license for general aviation, but since everyone is using it, they waived it. Your tail number is your call sign. Your radio becomes certified when you have it serviced.

I've had some turn around in 3-5 days, and some turn around in 14 days (that one was for non-LAANC under a 300' Class D ceiling for Luke Air Force Base, though - and it's my understanding that coordination with military air traffic control *always* takes more time and scrutiny to achieve.)
I've had some turn around in 3-5 days, and some turn around in 14 days (that one was for non-LAANC under a 300' Class D ceiling for Luke Air Force Base, though - and it's my understanding that coordination with military air traffic control *always* takes more time and scrutiny to achieve.)
Hello, Have you had any contact with the Goodyear airport? How does The unlocking work? I’m pretty new, and would prefer not to be the example. LOL

If you have 0 max alt on a LAANC (typically surface at an airport), you can't takeoff.

If you have part 107, you might be able to get auth to take off.

Part 107 users can apply for "further coordination" via LAANC in that scenario.

Hello, Have you had any contact with the Goodyear airport? How does The unlocking work? I’m pretty new, and would prefer not to be the example. LOL
You're in a big class B bubble there and Goodyear itself is class D. You'll be having fun with that one.

Even though on the goodyear airport they have a drone form you can fill out. But you'd most likely have to be part 107.

Checking Airmap almost all the airspace around Goodyear airport is prohibited all the way to the ground. (0 AGL restriction). They also don't participate in the automated LAANC system. As a hobbyist (non 107 pilot) you can only seek permission to fly in the areas that aren't marked with 0 AGL, and you will have to do that via an application on the FAA DroneZone website.

I have not had any interaction with GYR, but they do not support LAANC at this time. Any authorizations in their airspace would be through FAADroneZone.

Even though on the goodyear airport they have a drone form you can fill out. But you'd most likely have to be part 107.

I don't know if that form's even relevant any more in the face of the changes to LAANC and FAADroneZone.

The form page doesn't look like it's been updated since 2015.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu