DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 Test/Recurrency go LIVE 4/6/21... Important notes . . .

Hi all,

Quick question if you don't mind. I have been following and looking into the PT 107 licensing and I have gone to the FAA website as well.

I just want to be clear on it. I see on the FAA site that there are 3 courses
ALC-451, ALC-515, ALC-677, are these needed after talking the PT 107 test in person or can you get licensed online with these courses?

(If I read the comments above correctly, the 515 is just to recertify after 24 months?)

Thank you

Reactions: BigAl07
Hi all,

Quick question if you don't mind. I have been following and looking into the PT 107 licensing and I have gone to the FAA website as well.

I just want to be clear on it. I see on the FAA site that there are 3 courses
ALC-451, ALC-515, ALC-677, are these needed after talking the PT 107 test in person or can you get licensed online with these courses?

(If I read the comments above correctly, the 515 is just to recertify after 24 months?)

Thank you

You're close but not there yet . Each course has the "criteria" embedded in the title....

ALC-451 - Part 107 Small UAS Initial - Part 61 Pilots (current Manned Pilot (or higher) rating)

ALC-515 - Part 107 Small UAS Recurrent - Part 61 Pilots (current Manned Pilot (or higher) rating)

ALC-677 - Part 107 Small UAS Recurrent for non Part 61 Pilots (No Manned pilot rating or not Current with Manned Pilot Rating, the vast majority of Part 107 operators)

If you aren't Current with Part 61 you'll take the In-Person Part 107 and then after 24 calendar months you can take ALC-677 and remain/renew your currency.

You're close but not there yet . Each course has the "criteria" embedded in the title....

ALC-451 - Part 107 Small UAS Initial - Part 61 Pilots (current Manned Pilot (or higher) rating)

ALC-515 - Part 107 Small UAS Recurrent - Part 61 Pilots (current Manned Pilot (or higher) rating)

ALC-677 - Part 107 Small UAS Recurrent for non Part 61 Pilots (No Manned pilot rating or not Current with Manned Pilot Rating, the vast majority of Part 107 operators)

If you aren't Current with Part 61 you'll take the In-Person Part 107 and then after 24 calendar months you can take ALC-677 and remain/renew your currency.
Ok. So you have to take the in person test to actually get the license then after 24 months the 677.

Ok I didn't think you could get a license without going in person.

Thank you so much

Reactions: BigAl07
Ok. So you have to take the in person test to actually get the license then after 24 months the 677.
Yes. The initial must be taken in person. That's because you have to prove who you are in person to pass the background check.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada