DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

part 107

Jimbo704

Reactions
What do I need to do to get paid for taking drone photo's . I know my Mavic Air needs to be registered but do I as a hobby need to take the 107 test?

The recreational exemption to Part 107 is strictly for recreational flying. Anything outside that, whether paid or not, falls under Part 107. Flying with the intent to take photos or video for compensation is unambiguously non-recreational, and so yes - you need to be Part 107 certified to do that.

What do I need to do to get paid for taking drone photo's . I know my Mavic Air needs to be registered but do I as a hobby need to take the 107 test?
You'd also have to find clients that want your work enough to pay for it.
Finding them might be harder than getting your 107.

Reactions: PhantomFandom
I want to have a crack at 107 cert. I was originally concerned that after being so many decades out of skool, I would have a rough time passing a test with so many seemingly arbitrary rules & regs. But I got a confidence boost after viewing this 107 prep video. Any thoughts on this one from you 107 aces here? (sorry Donald, the test you "aced" really didn't count for much).

Would I need to dig a lot deeper from other sources to pass the course? Suggestions? This video seems fairly comprehensive & Tony Northrup is pretty articulate IMO. Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre