DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Perfect cable size for M2 controller.

Matt8900

Reactions
So I have had a M2Z for about a month now and after many many disconnections using the standard connection port with the supplied cables with the controller, I have started to use the usb a port to connect to my phone. This never has yet dropped connection.

My question is, what is a nice sized cable length that will fit from the USB port on the controller, to my phone (s20 ultra so it is very wide) without having extra wire dangling everywhere. I'm currently using a long USB c cable and it just looks and feels ugly.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Good question, I've been using a USB-C cable that's also too long for my tablet and been meaning to look into a shorter one with a right angle connection that will suit it better.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
And with a 1ft cable how much cable is loose? Obviously you don't want it too tight but I'm after not having loads of cable dangling
I use a iPad in a holder and really needs to be a inch longer
for me. You it might be extra using a phone in the holder
but if your using a 3’ cable it would be better. Why I asked
you how long was the cable you were using.

I use a iPad in a holder and really needs to be a inch longer
for me. You it might be extra using a phone in the holder
but if your using a 3’ cable it would be better. Why I asked
you how long was the cable you were using.
Sorry I must of overlooked that part.
So I'm using android USB-C, and I'm not sure of the exact length I am using now, I would say probably 2 ft so you can imagine the amount of extra cable I have haha

Reactions: dirkclod
After a quick measurement its actually a 3ft cable!!
Well you wouldn’t have the extra 2K’ so it would be better.
sure they make them for Android just give it a search. ?

Use a spiral cable, they bunch up and keep very neat, right angle conector too.

thor_cable_1.jpg thor_cable_3.jpg

So I have had a M2Z for about a month now and after many many disconnections using the standard connection port with the supplied cables with the controller, I have started to use the usb a port to connect to my phone. This never has yet dropped connection.

My question is, what is a nice sized cable length that will fit from the USB port on the controller, to my phone (s20 ultra so it is very wide) without having extra wire dangling everywhere. I'm currently using a long USB c cable and it just looks and feels ugly.
Faced the same issue as yourself with connecting via the USB port on the RC to my Mavic Pro 1 and initially a Samsung 8" tablet held in the RC's armatures back in the day and also when I upgraded later to the Epson Moverio BT-300 glasses. I purchased two 12" (30 cm) micro USB cables on Amazon here in the UK, one with a right-angle connection, the other with an opposite, left-angle connection which works with either device, but I have to say the example shown in the response from Mavic_South_Oz looks tasty, if you can get your hands on one.

Last edited:
Use a spiral cable, they bunch up and keep very neat, right angle conector too.

View attachment 100087 View attachment 100088

Hi...great timing! I am about to look for such for my Samsung S+ hopefully arriving today.
This "Feed Cable" should be fine for the Platinum....appreciated.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I have this:-

8" cable to ipad mini 4. It's very good quality, no connection problems and the USB plug is reversible - brilliant bit of kit!

Same product is available for Micro USB and USB C.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albestinspections