DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Personal liability insurance etc for paid drone photography work

Reactions
Hi,

I've recently set up a page offering drone photography services and have already received a number of inquiries.
Before taking on any "paid" work I would want to make sure i am covered for any accidents/mishaps to persons, possessions or surrounding (heaven forbid)
Does anyone else do this and know the costs involved in such insurances?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi,

I've recently set up a page offering drone photography services and have already received a number of inquiries.
Before taking on any "paid" work I would want to make sure i am covered for any accidents/mishaps to persons, possessions or surrounding (heaven forbid)

Many thanks in advance.
Hi,
You may want to look at skywatch.ai or verifly.com/drone. Both offer on-demand policies with different liability options.
Good luck and happy (safe) flying!

Those are great options offered above. One installs an app. Provides necessary information and then uses the app to gain the needed insurance for the day or days in which the drone will be used for commercial work.

It ad-hoc which is super nice. One would just add the cost to thier bid for the project I imagine.

Hi,
You may want to look at skywatch.ai or verifly.com/drone. Both offer on-demand policies with different liability options.
Good luck and happy (safe) flying!
Many thanks for this....Forgot to mention, Im in the UK, do these policies still apply?

Those are great options offered above. One installs an app. Provides necessary information and then uses the app to gain the needed insurance for the day or days in which the drone will be used for commercial work.

It ad-hoc which is super nice. One would just add the cost to thier bid for the project I imagine.

Great reply, thank you!

Reactions: BD0G
Hi,

Many thanks in advance.

Oh please post a link to your new URL, would love to see what you are doing for photography work.

Cheers

Hi,

Many thanks in advance.
I just got mine through State Farm since I have Homeowners and Car Insurance and it covers 2 million in Liability and the drone and my business equipment (cameras and computers) for $37 month.

Make sure that you have an insurance that covers your commercial activities!

At least here in Germany, insurances mostly do not cover commercial activities, just the "privat" ones. As soon as they figure you got paid for the flight that caused the damage, they will deny coverage. Commercial insurances are more expensiv, at the same time, they are costs made in context of the job and so you can deduct them from the taxable income (like all costs you make for your bussines).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead