Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phantom 3 no Landing Button, no Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJingle Bells

Reactions
Hello everyone, happy Christmas!

I have expanded my drone fleet, the DJI PHANTOM 3 Standard!

Two questions I noticed after the first test flights, where I have not yet found a suitable solution to.

1. in the quick description you can see a button that initiates the landing from vertical hover over the ground, similar to the landing function of the DJI Mini.
- however I do not see this button in the screen. At any time. The only option available to me is "return to takeoff point and autoland - (the emergency option of return should be this).
-> how do I get this button, I can currently only land manually, I don't like this as much as I do with the Mini and this function should be there.

Use the DJI GO app

Second:
After a certain distance, sometimes very close, sometimes very far away (300m) the camera irretrievably loses the image signal. "no image transmission" . The drone remains connected to the remote control.
Sources of interference can be none, far in the country - in the middle of the field! Nevertheless, often comes "strong interference"
How to change this?

Use an iPhone, could improve flight mode, or use iPad?

Thank you and best regards!!!

The P3S uses WiFi for video, its range is short in CE countries. It's a low end 5-year old machine, unless you got it for dirt cheap it's really not anything you want to buy today, things have evolved tremendously since then.

You may get better answers posting in PhantomPilots.

But we can probably answer this.

Auto land is exactly what you're describing. It lands the AC right where it is, rather than going to home point and then landing, which is the other button.

It sounded like the app lost connection with the RC. Go 3 had been difficult to distinguish app disconnected from RC vs RC to AC. I believe it has gotten better. Go 4 certainly has.
I opted not getting the Standard years ago because it used WiFi to connect the RC to the app. Better with a USB connection.

Reactions: Thomas B
The P3S uses WiFi for video, its range is short in CE countries. It's a low end 5-year old machine, unless you got it for dirt cheap it's really not anything you want to buy today, things have evolved tremendously since then.
That too? I thought it was only app to RC was WiFi. But I have a P3A so what do I know.

Reactions: DJingle Bells
Thanks a lot, i ment - the landing button, is not a „landing button“ its more like: i’ve got the drone about 30cm above the ground hovering, press the landing button, it starts 50meters in the air straight away and flys to the place where i startet. It completly ignors its current position :)

Thanks a lot, i ment - the landing button, is not a „landing button“ its more like: i’ve got the drone about 30cm above the ground hovering, press the landing button, it starts 50meters in the air straight away and flys to the place where i startet. It completly ignors its current position :)
Then you're pressing "return to home", not "land". Maybe post a screenshot of your app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61