DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phantom Rain - 26 minutes in the Rain ! Mavic 2 Series

welcome.
thanks.

We never planned on making the Wet Suit for any of the Mavics .

The Mavics were already so well engineered for all weather flying, we did not consider it until we got caught in the Rain and water had gotten into the Battery compartment after just 4 minutes of flying.

This was so disappointing , and alarming so in order to keep up with the Phantom 4 Pro flying in the Rain we decided to apply all the concepts that worked on the Phantom 4 Pro Wet Suit to the Mavic 2 and get it up to speed.

Besides increasing its ability to fly in extreme weather , the Mavic 2 Wet Suit has some nice added Features including making it more secure for catching the drone, and protecting the Props from sand , debris .

The Wet Suit also protect the Bottom sensors and helps maintain the overall fit and finish.
We kept the Design Value to a minimal amount and thus the Wet Suit weighs 0.4 ounces

None of the Design characteristics of the Mavic 2 were changed just enhanced.

HOVER POSITION : We test the drones in the HOVER position as this is the most critical and harsh position for the drone to take on water in the Battery as this is the one of the weakest links in the Mavic Drones.

We get asked alot why we would anyone want to fly in the rain ?

There is only 1 answer : Rain happens and it can ruin your day, and the Mavic 2 Wet Suits provide you the very best chance of getting thu it unscathed.

There is no Guarantee: its not a submarine , its just your best line of defense to fly in the cold, rain, snow , hail. add the fact the Neoprene offers a secure grip is a much needed safety feature

Phantom Rain POSTS : When you see the Phantom Rain Posts: We are about Extreme Weather Flying in the Rain if you have no interest , please just Ignore the Posts ,

This is our second Rain day of the 2019 , and we look forward to over 150 more Rain Days in Ohio to record.
Every Rain day is a Fly day for Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor

Reading this as I wait for a break in the rain to maiden flight my P4P+V2! I've been reading your posts.... may have to get one!

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
What about the forward motion sensors are they not vulnerable to rain on the front cover?

Don't ask such complicated questions, just BUY IT!

With this wet suit, you can even take it scuba diving with you. It works just as well in water if not better!

True story!

Reactions: mnis
We never planned on making the Wet Suit for any of the Mavics .

The Mavics were already so well engineered for all weather flying, we did not consider it until we got caught in the Rain and water had gotten into the Battery compartment after just 4 minutes of flying.

This was so disappointing , and alarming so in order to keep up with the Phantom 4 Pro flying in the Rain we decided to apply all the concepts that worked on the Phantom 4 Pro Wet Suit to the Mavic 2 and get it up to speed.

Besides increasing its ability to fly in extreme weather , the Mavic 2 Wet Suit has some nice added Features including making it more secure for catching the drone, and protecting the Props from sand , debris .

The Wet Suit also protect the Bottom sensors and helps maintain the overall fit and finish.
We kept the Design Value to a minimal amount and thus the Wet Suit weighs 0.4 ounces

None of the Design characteristics of the Mavic 2 were changed just enhanced.

HOVER POSITION : We test the drones in the HOVER position as this is the most critical and harsh position for the drone to take on water in the Battery as this is the one of the weakest links in the Mavic Drones.

We get asked alot why we would anyone want to fly in the rain ?

There is only 1 answer : Rain happens and it can ruin your day, and the Mavic 2 Wet Suits provide you the very best chance of getting thu it unscathed.

There is no Guarantee: its not a submarine , its just your best line of defense to fly in the cold, rain, snow , hail. add the fact the Neoprene offers a secure grip is a much needed safety feature

Phantom Rain POSTS : When you see the Phantom Rain Posts: We are about Extreme Weather Flying in the Rain if you have no interest , please just Ignore the Posts ,

This is our second Rain day of the 2019 , and we look forward to over 150 more Rain Days in Ohio to record.
Every Rain day is a Fly day for Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor

I don't suppose you make these for the mavic pro? I like using my less expensive drone to fly in crappy conditions lol

Yes we have had few say that very same thing, and next week we will be releasing the Wet Suits for the Pro..
Thank you for your interest.

I realize some of these patterns are a little detail. I am not expecting much, just a little something in the design that represent the USMC. I only included all of these pictures just for your information. to try and give you some ideas.

Thank you for the Ideas: Kept it simple, put some detail into it and gave it a side profile also.

DSC00630.JPG

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 9.06.11 PM.png

Wow, you don't carry them for the Mavic Pro, or at least from what I can tell from your website??? Can ya let me know, thanks

Thank you for the Ideas: Kept it simple, put some detail into it and gave it a side profile also.

View attachment 63297

View attachment 63298
I am going to place an order for one of these. I just order some other parts, 24 hours ago. give me about 10 days, so the balances from these other orders that I have made to catch up to me, and I then I will place a order for one of these.

welcome
Im going to do it , Thank you for all the ideas, will post soon. USMC Wet Suit !
Thank you for your service.
welcome.

and thank you for you awesome design.

PR: I get that it wouldn't work on the black due to the color combo but HOW did you get that emblem in the neoprene? It almost looks like you did it with a branding iron. :)

Reactions: crlmjohnson
I love the combination of colors and the layout. Plus the logo/design is on Point!

Interesting that the whole discussion is about the drone being protected from rain and no one thinks about what it does to the camera/gimbal. I'm sure there are people who want to fly and not just hover over their balcony.
Once water gets into the camera/lens it is toast. I may be wrong but I'm not gonna check it out.

Last edited:
Interesting that the whole discussion is about the drone being protected from rain and no one thinks about what it does to the camera/gimbal. I'm sure there are people who want to fly and not just hover over their balcony.
Once water gets into the camera/lens its toast. I may be wrong but I'm not gonna check it out.

Oh, trust me it's been discussed before. What happens is, these threads get created advertising/promoting the product, then people naturally start asking the obvious questions, OP then responds by saying something along the lines as you know nothing - how dare you question my product, I've sold thousands of these.

Then people respond in utter bewilderment, it then turns into an argument, the thread gets locked/closed, OP then starts a new thread under another title and then the cycle repeats itself.

The only thing I'm confused about is, how OP gets the title of "Approved Vendor" It really makes a mockery of the system and in turn makes one question the trustworthiness of an "Approved Vendor" 99% of which I believe to be honest and trustworthy guys selling decent products and services. But like they say, it only takes one bad apple to spoil the whole barrel...

Oh, trust me it's been discussed before. What happens is, these threads get created advertising/promoting the product, then people naturally start asking the obvious questions, OP then responds by saying something along the lines as you know nothing - how dare you question my product, I've sold thousands of these.

Then people respond in utter bewilderment, it then turns into an argument, the thread gets locked/closed, OP then starts a new thread under another title and then the cycle repeats itself.

The only thing I'm confused about is, how OP gets the title of "Approved Vendor" It really makes a mockery of the system and in turn makes one question the trustworthiness of an "Approved Vendor" 99% of which I believe to be honest and trustworthy guys selling decent products and services. But like they say, it only takes one bad apple to spoil the whole barrel...

That makes all sense! This Phantomrain guy withdrew from the DJI forum I think. At least I haven't seen him posting quite a while as he did so often to promote his products. People got angry about his constant advertisement by hijacking threads. Seems he got still an audience here.

Think it did what he wanted, just to let us know about it. And you know what I'm getting one, and will fly with gimble cover on with rainx.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661