DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone case and cable plug

Simone L

Reactions
Hi. I read the thread about removing the rubber grips so I can use my iPhone X in the LifeProof case. Problem is the cord won’t fit as the case blocks it from plugging in. Is there a fix? The thought of removing my phone every time makes me cuckoo.

Try using a different cable . One that has a usb for the bottom of the controller.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Hi. I read the thread about removing the rubber grips so I can use my iPhone X in the LifeProof case. Problem is the cord won’t fit as the case blocks it from plugging in. Is there a fix? The thought of removing my phone every time makes me cuckoo.

I use a Lifeproof cover on the iphone 6 too, and it's one reason I bought an ipad mini 4 :)
Lots of other great reasons to do this too, better flight experience, more telemetry / useful gadgets show on screen, good for less eye strain and better in daylight.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup
Just a thought here. I have a 11 Pro Max and it is even larger than the X.
I have to plug the phone in first, then guide the cable thru the clamp, secure the phone in the controller, then plug in to the side. It should be long enough to reach. And that is with the Otter case. Give it a try.

I use a Lifeproof cover on the iphone 6 too, and it's one reason I bought an ipad mini 4 :)
Lots of other great reasons to do this too, better flight experience, more telemetry / useful gadgets show on screen, good for less eye strain and better in daylight.
I have an iPad so might use that and order the adapter to hold it. Thanks.

welcome to the forum,having a dedicated device for you drone flying is the best way to go if you can, you can remove unwanted apps and optimise it to suit your needs

Welcome to the forum. Already, you are finding all sorts of support and suggestions. Wish you well on your flights. We look forward to seeing your view of the world.

Great idea Simone L, the ipad holders are reasonably priced.
Just double check the compatibility of the device model to ensure it's all ok to run Go4 (or Fly if your drone is a Mini ?).

Check here . . .

There's also list of device holders for ipads etc in the main page

Scroll down to mounts quite a few pages down.

Welcome to the forum. Already, you are finding all sorts of support and suggestions. Wish you well on your flights. We look forward to seeing your view of the world.
Here are a couple shots from my first flight in beginner mode.

Attachments

• 3D309EF3-64BB-4BA8-AEFD-FB42F50EA4A2.jpeg
    3D309EF3-64BB-4BA8-AEFD-FB42F50EA4A2.jpeg
    589 KB · Views: 8
  • F97868DE-C1CD-4327-A26A-3102EF52EE9B.jpeg
    F97868DE-C1CD-4327-A26A-3102EF52EE9B.jpeg
    976.7 KB · Views: 8
Welcome to the forum from south central Florida :cool: and enjoy. 🌴
Like this.....

IMG_20200714_074432.jpg

Reactions: old man mavic
Hi. I read the thread about removing the rubber grips so I can use my iPhone X in the LifeProof case. Problem is the cord won’t fit as the case blocks it from plugging in. Is there a fix phone case supplier? The thought of removing my phone every time makes me cuckoo.
The USB-c to lighting cable that comes with the mini 2 with the right angle wil not fit my iphone with the case on it.

Can i replace it with any USB-C to lighting cable? A cable with a stright plug should work.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum, great bunch of people, friendly and helpful.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54