DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pilot Check with question

Greetings & Welcome from southeastern DE!

I've tried using the “Members Map” several times, & even with another browser, & sadly, could never get any more than a blank screen.

Which is sad, because there's not a lot of scenery from which to choose, 1nce 1 has taken a bunch of pics of the local beach & rural town.

Neither have I heard of anyone local with whom to share some flights. 😞

I've tried using the “Members Map” several times, & even with another browser, & sadly, could never get any more than a blank screen.
The Member's map needs to know your location and that information is only available from your computer (even though the map will let you put your pin elsewhere...

Here is a a link to another posting I made when the member also could not get the map to display...

Good Luck!

The Member's map needs to know your location and that information is only available from your computer (even though the map will let you put your pin elsewhere...

Here is a a link to another posting I made when the member also could not get the map to display...

Good Luck!
Thanks for the reply & attempt to help.

I did check the message link you included, & read through them too, & confirmed that the box mentioned was unchecked.

Here's what I get, regardless of the browser I try. Since I keep my main browser fairly tight (security) what I usually do when I encounter problems like these, is to turn off or pause each of the security measures 1 by 1, & then finally, all of them, & if that doesn't work, I try another (different) browser with no security on it at all. In this case, none of those measures worked.

The 2 screenshots of what I get, the 1st is when I try to click or use the CTRL + Scroll function as indicated, & then after a moment without doing anything, the 2nd.

I guess, in the grand scheme of things, this doesn't matter much, but in case any of the Admins were reading this, it might highlight the issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_888.jpg
    Screenshot_888.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_887.jpg
    Screenshot_887.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 3
I guess, in the grand scheme of things, this doesn't matter much, but in case any of the Admins were reading this, it might highlight the issue.
And in your Account Details, Scroll down a bit and there is a info box for Location. You do have a valid location listed? Mine says "York County, VA. USA" Some folk put Earth or other out-of-this-world locations…

Next, with all your security, does that mean you disabled "Location" in Google?

When I bring up Google Maps and scroll to my location, I see this Blue upside tear drop… I'm guessing you do not...

Attachments

• tear drop.png
    tear drop.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 1
And in your Account Details, Scroll down a bit and there is a info box for Location. You do have a valid location listed? Mine says "York County, VA. USA" Some folk put Earth or other out-of-this-world locations…

Next, with all your security, does that mean you disabled "Location" in Google?

When I bring up Google Maps and scroll to my location, I see this Blue upside tear drop… I'm guessing you do not...
Per your recommendation, I updated my location in my Account Details to add USA.

When you wrote “Google” are you implying that you use that as your search engine because if so, I do not.

I don't like Google's data & privacy policies, & its ties to the NSA & various other gov't intel snooping agencies. Without going way off-topic, I'll leave it with this: links & resources are available via private mail for those who are curious. (My stepfather worked at a GS-33 level in the NSA.)

I haven't considered that I needed Google anywhere for the member map to work.

If embracing Google is the price of getting Member Map to work, I'll pass.

I think the Member's Map is an offshoot of Google Maps. When I zoom into any area, I can use the PegMan to see a Streetview which is a Google Attribute.

In the accompanying Screen Shot of my area, I've tagged my Member's Pin, but at the same time, I used the PegMan to bring up the Thumb nail of one of my Photospheres that I shot…

The link to that Photosphere is below… Without Google Maps enabled with Location Enabled, this small aspect of our web site is lost to you. But everything else is available to you.

map.png

They are.
Then there ya go ,don’t 🤷‍♂️
Not your thread anyway 🤷‍♂️

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki