DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pilot Institute is Dangerous! 😜

Chaosrider

Reactions
They do so many things, and they do them so well, it's easy to get addicted!

I got my TRUST done with them, quick free and painless.

I was going to take their 107 course, but they advised me that as a current Part 61 pilot, I didn't really need it.

I just signed up for the registration stickers for my newly registered Mini-2 that they offer FREE to the drone community. What a great service!

They also have a course on the DJI FPV, which I'm watching now. I want one, and I'm going to get one, but poverty prevents that from happening anytime soon. Still, I can *learn* about it now. And once again...FREE from Pilot Institute.

No, I don't work for them, and I don't get a commission from them. But an organization that serves a community this well deserves recognition.

You guys are great!!

:)

TCS

I was going to take their 107 course, but they advised me that as a current Part 61 pilot, I didn't really need it.

I just signed up for the registration stickers for my newly registered Mini-2 that they offer FREE to the drone community. What a great service!

They also have a course on the DJI FPV, which I'm watching now. I want one, and I'm going to get one, but poverty prevents that from happening anytime soon. Still, I can *learn* about it now. And once again...FREE from Pilot Institute.

No, I don't work for them, and I don't get a commission from them. But an organization that serves a community this well deserves recognition.

You guys are great!!

TCS
Interesting. Thanks. Godspeed, Droniac

Reactions: MARK (LI)
In title “Dangerous? “ As a draw to look at this post. Not certain of danger. My DJI antennas go up. I would have read it if it said They are GRrreat! (Like Frosted Flakes commercials of old). Otoh, I am assuming and my hypervigilance kicked in. ✌🏼 Flysafe & Godspeed, Droniac

I think Greg and his colleagues all work very hard and I for one am glad to have Pilot Institute there for us, whether you are a part 61 private Pilot, a part 107 drone operator, or a recreational drone operator.
Thanks Pilot Institute
B52-D
Blue Skys & Happy Contrails ➰

Ya got me. Came to see, "What the h@ll?!" but found points I agree with. Good one!

(The true test of a man's intelligence is the degree to which he agrees with you." W.E.B. Griffin)

Hi Chaosrider, we're happy to support our community however we can. We're glad you found some value in what we offer :)
Not just *some* value...I'm now completely convinced that my next drone is going to be the DJI FPV!

If any of you have an interest in FPV flying, but don't really know anything about (which was my condition 6 hours ago!), You should check out the FREE Pilot Institute FPV course.

One of the unexpected results was that I've determined to learn more of the features of my existing little fleet of Mini-2s. I haven't done any of the "canned" routines (dronies, etc), and I've done literally nothing with any of the camera settings beyond changing the zoom on rare occasion.

Time for another romp through the manual, to see what I haven't been paying attention to.

TCS

Reactions: Droniac

Pilot Institute is Dangerous!​

Clickbait, you show write the headlines for one of the many daily newspapers out there, lol.

Good to read of your experience with PI.
I got my first email account in 1981, and for a brief while, it was so new that everyone read everything that they got.

After that, I learned quickly that I had to catch people's eye, if I wanted them to read what I wrote.

Now, I'm slowly learning how to edit videos so that they are interesting, rather than like watching paint dry. Particularly in my early days, I was pretty timid, so there was a lot of footage of the drone hovering, while I was deciding what to do next.

Now, I'm working to take what I learn from watching my existing videos, and apply that to planning future flights so that they have a higher "interesting" content.

Thx,

TCS

Ya got me. Came to see, "What the h@ll?!" but found points I agree with. Good one!

(The true test of a man's intelligence is the degree to which he agrees with you." W.E.B. Griffin)

That was the plan!

TCS

You guys are great!!

TCS
I was getting ready to jump on here and defend Greg and company. This made my day!

I think Greg and his colleagues all work very hard and I for one am glad to have Pilot Institute there for us, whether you are a part 61 private Pilot, a part 107 drone operator, or a recreational drone operator.
Thanks Pilot Institute
B52-D
Blue Skys & Happy Contrails ➰
Just my take:
1. It’s wonderful that people feel an organization is great and express their satisfaction.
2. First time I’ve read a post on MavicPilots titled in this manor followed by positive content. (It felt like the New York Times to me.)
3. Clickbait unnecessary. I think most all of us here like it “straight up”.

I am, in fact, Glad you had a good experience and shared it with us. They certainly have a positive and long history, no doubt. Godspeed Droniac ✌🏼

I got my first email account in 1981, and for a brief while, it was so new that everyone read everything that they got.

After that, I learned quickly that I had to catch people's eye, if I wanted them to read what I wrote.

Now, I'm slowly learning how to edit videos so that they are interesting, rather than like watching paint dry. Particularly in my early days, I was pretty timid, so there was a lot of footage of the drone hovering, while I was deciding what to do next.

Now, I'm working to take what I learn from watching my existing videos, and apply that to planning future flights so that they have a higher "interesting" content.

Thx,

TCS
I need to do more of the same 👍🏻

I was getting ready to jump on here and defend Greg and company. This made my day!
Ditto Vic! I have had 2 cups of coffee and was ready to rumble.... Well played and it did get my attention. There are good training companies out there. As a pilot of 37 years and a flight instructor for 34 I believe Greg and his crew are "THE Best!" As Vic said...Made my day!...of course after I was pissed off ha ha.

Well played and good to hear. I’m seriously considering using Pilot Institute to prepare for the 107 exam and it’s nice to hear such positive feedback on them. Unfortunately right now, due to being unemployed for an extended period of time due to the covid crisis, I don’t have the money for the course right now. Total catch 22, since getting my 107 would help my earning potential. Do they have scholarships available???

You guys are great!!

TCS
I couldn't agree more. I took the Institute's "50 Maneuvers" course - exceedingly important and for me very difficult- even as an experienced Part 107 Certified Pilot . This course was the first time I had found any online course that identifies, analyzes and offers a discreet flying practice training for these distinct flight maneuvers to allow a pilot and cinematographer to practice critical flight maneuvers in a program that is arranged in organically increasing difficulty for each series of movement sequences . It was exceeding helpful - and also not a little bit daunting. Yes, Pilot Institute, keep up the wonderful work.

Lorin

You guys are great!!

TCS
Yes! I recommend Pilot Institute to everyone. I was worried about passing my Part 107 but after completing the course and practice exams, I knew I was prepared. 100% worth the money 🙏🏼

I couldn't agree more. I took the Institute's "50 Maneuvers" course - exceedingly important and for me very difficult- even as an experienced Part 107 Certified Pilot . This course was the first time I had found any online course that identifies, analyzes and offers a discreet flying practice training for these distinct flight maneuvers to allow a pilot and cinematographer to practice critical flight maneuvers in a program that is arranged in organically increasing difficulty for each series of movement sequences . It was exceeding helpful - and also not a little bit daunting. Yes, Pilot Institute, keep up the wonderful work.

Lorin
I want to take this course!

TCS

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun