DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Pink" Moon over Palm Harbor Fl. USA

Couldn’t get free to fly, but caught the supermoon about an hour after sundown and close to the horizon. Definitely huge! Unfortunately we didn’t get any pink/ red hues in Arizona, just a yellow is caste.

Couldn’t get free to fly, but caught the supermoon about an hour after sundown and close to the horizon. Definitely huge! Unfortunately we didn’t get any pink/ red hues in Arizona, just a yellow is caste.
It had a pinkish tint to it early but as it rose it turned more yellow but love when we get a super full moon. ?

Link to full article HERE

April's 'pink moon' is the biggest supermoon of 2020

The first full moon of spring, its name comes from native North American wildflowers that bloom in early springtime: Phlox subulata, known as "moss pink," according to the Old Farmer's Almanac.

April's full moon has also been known as the "sprouting grass moon" or "egg moon," heralding other first signs of spring.
The moon itself won't look pink, but it may appear more golden as it rises above the horizon. That's due to an effect caused by our atmosphere, similar to how the sun can appear more red as it rises and sets, according to NASA.

Reactions: Vader Zoom 01
What lense did you use for this pic! Fantastic.....

Thanks. That was an unplanned shot, and so it was just a Sony RX10, handheld. ISO 500, f4, 1/250, raw. It's an impressive camera for an oversized point and shoot. This was full reach:

fullsizeoutput_ca6.jpeg

Thanks. That was an unplanned shot, and so it was just a Sony RX10, handheld. ISO 500, f4, 1/250, raw. It's an impressive camera for an oversized point and shoot. This was full reach:

View attachment 98213
I just checked the price for the RX10.......no wonder you got such a fantastic shot. That's an expensive camera. I'm amazed at all the detail you captured in the moon's surface. Congrats on such a superb photo!!!!!!!

I went outside in the early hours this morning for a look, around 3am, and it was up high overhead, and really just a tiny but larger than normal.
It was clear though, and quite bright, perhaps a sign of the clear air from the noticeably reduced movement of people at the moment.

News I read earlier that relates to this . . . there are places in India right now that can see the Himalaya range for the first time in at least 15 years due to the reduced air pollution (125mi / 200km away apparently).

Edit - For you @Vader Zoom 01

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Vader Zoom 01
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23