DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Plane Landing

dungpatty

Reactions
Plane landing at airport

A plane began landing at the airport I live beside, of course, all the planes that come here are extremely small so I had to put it in 1080 to get the 4X zoom to be able to see it decently.

Also, here is a pitcture of my hometown, pretty much what you see is what we got. You can see my elementary school, middle school, AND high school, although it's kind of hard to see. Took this the first day I got my drone so it's not very good. I know my video/picture is not great, so don't bash me.

Attachments

• hometown drone shot.jpg
    hometown drone shot.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 325
Last edited:
The plane landing video is nice, but you may want to adjust your gimbal and drone movements settings. Set them to move much more slowly and that shot will be much better. But that's a cool shot!

Are you not in a GEO restricted zone where you are flying?

The plane landing video is nice, but you may want to adjust your gimbal and drone movements settings. Set them to move much more slowly and that shot will be much better. But that's a cool shot!
Yes, I will definitely do that next time, I'm still new and am trying to figure everything out. I didn't have enough time to adjust the gimbal settings for this shot because as soon as I was actually able to find the plane with my drone it was starting to land. But, I will defintely do that next time to make the shot more smooth and easy to watch. Thanks!
Are you not in a GEO restricted zone where you are flying?
No, there are no restrictions here. My drone is directly above my house at the time of this shot and it is about 100 feet outside of the flight zone. I'm looking at the zone on my phone right now and it says that there are no relevant flight restrictions but it is an "Enhanced Warning Zone". So, pretty much anytime I fly past my yard, I get a warning on my phone and it makes me click to say that I accept all responsibility for anything that happens within the zone.

Last edited:
Yes, I will definitely do that next time, I'm still new and am trying to figure everything out. I didn't have enough time to adjust the gimbal settings for this shot because as soon as I was actually able to find the plane with my drone it was starting to land. But, I will defintely do that next time to make the shot more smooth and easy to watch. Thanks!

No, there are no restrictions here. My drone is directly above my house at the time of this shot and it is about 100 feet outside of the flight zone. I'm looking at the zone on my phone right now and it says that there are no relevant flight restrictions but it is an "Enhanced Warning Zone". So, pretty much anytime I fly past my yard, I get a warning on my phone and it makes me click to say that I accept all responsibility for anything that happens within the zone.
Since you are in such a prime location to capture these landing videos, be ready for next time! Do a quick flight to set the cine settings to your liking and when you are up there and see a plane coming in, just switch to cine, if you are not already in that mode. I'll be interested in seeing what you capture moving forward! For help with making those presets have a look at this video.

Plane landing at airport

A plane began landing at the airport I live beside, of course, all the planes that come here are extremely small so I had to put it in 1080 to get the 4X zoom to be able to see it decently.

Also, here is a pitcture of my hometown, pretty much what you see is what we got. You can see my elementary school, middle school, AND high school, although it's kind of hard to see. Took this the first day I got my drone so it's not very good. I know my video/picture is not great, so don't bash me.
What altitude were you above the ground for this shot?

What altitude were you above the ground for this shot?
For the plane shot, idk, maybe 3-400 feet. For the picture, I have no clue as I took it the day I got my drone. If I had to guess, it was probably as high as it could go (1600 feet, something like that) because I was just testing the limits of it and thought it would be a neat picture

• Wow
Reactions: dozzn
For the plane shot, idk, maybe 3-400 feet. For the picture, I have no clue as I took it the day I got my drone. If I had to guess, it was probably as high as it could go (1600 feet, something like that) because I was just testing the limits of it and thought it would be a neat picture
Ohh it looked high. Are you aware that you were flying illegally and as you were that close to an airport you could have been in the way of manned aircraft in the circuit of that airport? Do you know you are not allowed to fly above 400ft? Have you taken the TRUST test yet?

Reactions: Bernard
Ohh it looked high. Are you aware that you were flying illegally and as you were that close to an airport you could have been in the way of manned aircraft in the circuit of that airport? Do you know you are not allowed to fly above 400ft? Have you taken the TRUST test yet?
Sounds like you live a boring life.

• Haha
Reactions: basyok
You wrote... "For the plane shot, idk, maybe 3-400 feet. For the picture, I have no clue as I took it the day I got my drone. If I had to guess, it was probably as high as it could go (1600 feet, something like that) because I was just testing the limits of it and thought it would be a neat picture".

Dungpatty, sounds like you don't belong here among us. Most of us do our best to keep within the law when flying a drone or anything else. I'm also a real pilot and the last thing I want to encounter when I'm low and in a pattern at an airport with my family on board, is to have someone like you breaking the law and flying your drone above the legal limit and possibly up at my altitude putting me and anyone on board plus those on the ground in danger, in case your drone hit our wind shield and incapacitated me or any other pilot who may get hit in the face, then possibly crash into a home below us.

Are you really that stupid that you would fly that high, not thinking about the risk of danger you might be posing to manned aircraft? The FAA need to speak with you if you think that you doing this with your drone, is "having a non boring life".

Last edited:
You wrote... "For the plane shot, idk, maybe 3-400 feet. For the picture, I have no clue as I took it the day I got my drone. If I had to guess, it was probably as high as it could go (1600 feet, something like that) because I was just testing the limits of it and thought it would be a neat picture".

Dungpatty, sounds like you don't belong here among us. Most of us do our best to keep within the law when flying a drone or anything else. I'm also a real pilot and the last thing I want to encounter when I'm low and in a pattern at an airport with my family on board, is to have someone like you breaking the law and flying your drone above the legal limit and possibly up at my altitude putting me and anyone on board plus those on the ground in danger, in case your drone hit our wind shield and incapacitated me or any other pilot who may get hit in the face, then possibly crash into a home below us.

Are you really that stupid that you would fly that high, not thinking about the risk of danger you might be posing to manned aircraft? The FAA need to speak with you if you think that you doing this with your drone, is "having a non boring life".
1. I was within the law when getting the shot of the plane.
2. I took my drone 1600 ft. In the air the first day i got it because I was just seeing what all I could do, not saying it was a good decision but never said I do it every time I fly.
3. Sounds like you don’t belong here because you have a stick up your butt looking for anything negative to say to other people. I do fly within the law.
4. I wouldn’t hit a plane because I’m within the law, you can hear the planes before they get close, airsense tells when they are in your area, and when I get the slightest idea that a plane/helicopter is near, I bring my drone lower and get out of its way.

Surprised you didn’t get multiple warnings of air traffic in the area. They knew you were there as well. Living (and flying) dangerously!! FAA does watch these videos and does arrest for violations.

Surprised you didn’t get multiple warnings of air traffic in the area. They knew you were there as well. Living (and flying) dangerously!! FAA does watch these videos and does arrest for violations.
I’m living dangerously because I’m near an airport?😂 and if you don’t mind, please explain how I was “flying dangerously” in the video. I was under 400ft up, and was not anywhere near the planes path, and was a safe distance away from it.

Sounds like you just posted the EVIDENCE that you intentionally violated the FAA Regulations. That's EXACTLY what it sounds and LOOKS like to me.

I’m living dangerously because I’m near an airport?😂 and if you don’t mind, please explain how I was “flying dangerously” in the video. I was under 400ft up, and was not anywhere near the planes path, and was a safe distance away from it.
Check out your location @ B4UFLY and find out what Class Airspace you were in. You will find the answer and restrictions. Even small airports and/or Class D will require an an acknowledgement before liftoff and 200' Alt limit. In any case, be sure you're following the law before you post..on film. My family flies those small planes, so I do worry. Enjoy..responsibly

Sounds like you just posted the EVIDENCE that you intentionally violated the FAA Regulations. That's EXACTLY what it sounds and LOOKS like to me.
Correct, I did the first day I got my drone before I knew all the rules. Not validating my actions, but I’m saying I acknowledge that what I did was wrong and THAT was potentially dangerous, but anything I’ve done since then, no, including the plane video

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi