DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Playback of 2.7K and 4K video file on PC

gusri.candra

Reactions
Hi All,

Anybody know the minimum PC spec to playback the 2.7K/4K footage.?
I experienced buffer on the intel i5, 2.7 GHz, RAM 8GB, 64 bit Win Os.

thank

The GPU of your video card is much more important than the CPU. Try VLC media player, if anything will play it properly it will be VLC.

Rob

I have a Dell laptop - i5 2.5GHz, 6GB RAM - on which I can watch and edit the Mavic's 4k vids. Definitely try VLC for viewing. It has the most comprehensive set of built-in codecs for smoothy playing most videos without infecting your computer with deadly codec packs.

I am looking for a solid answer on this question as well. I am using an older i3-2310 laptop which is fine for 1080p stuff but not for 2.7K or 4K. I have read on other forums that it may be more dependent on the generation (newness) of the chip than the model due to the architecture of the newer processors and how they work with the graphics. This would explain why some folks report no problems with 4K on an i5 laptop while others have issues. I am probably going to take a usb drive with one of my 4K Mavic videos and try it on some newer computers of friends or workmates and see what works. Also, I have learned that some of the video editing programs have their own significant requirements ( e.g. Davinci Resolve ) while others can still run on more modest platforms.

My laptop won't play 4K with VLC, Windows Media player works OK though.
It might be a codec issue in some cases however Mavic video files are not in any way novel and bitrate is on the low side for 4K

So I wanted to report back - I took some of my 2.7K video and played it on my friend's computer and it played fine using Media Player. Her computer is powered by i5-4460 processor at 3.2Ghz and uses Intel HD Graphics 4600. 8GB Ram.

VLC never played well my 2.7k and 4K videos on both my PC And 2013 MacBook Air while the windows media player and Apple QuickTime played flawlessly .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan