DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please help getting flashing lines during takeoff

rjanumpally

Reactions
I heard this is bad props but I only get in the first 50 feet of takeoff and then after that it's gone and doesn't return. Any way to fix this?

Please post a video so we can see what you're describing.

will do. actually it's doing it intermittently the whole time. but only on 4k 30 fps highest resolution on the mavic possible. The 4k 24 seems to be ok. Unless the props broke from two days ago to today. Does highest resolution somehow cause this? i'll post a video soon.

You should probably also post what device you are using and attaching to the Remote Controller so that one can determine if it is underpowered. Also , is Caching to the Device enabled ?

the cached video no the phone which is a huawei ascend xt2 is also doing the same flashing lines intermittently. It never did this before. Two days ago i shot 4k at 24 fps and it was fine no lines at all. I changed to the highest setting today 4k 30 fps and its intermittently happening. Should I just switch back to 4k 24 fps. Seems like that's it for some reason.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Those are prop shadows.

If you use an ND filter, you'll be able to slow the shutter speed down (which should eliminate that problem). Other possible solutions would be to use a lens hood (like this one) or shoot when the sun is lower in the sky (so it's not shining through the top of the props).

Last edited:
thanks so much! Any nd filter you recommend? Polar pro? Which one ? nd4? I have a friend who sent me a lens hood that he 3d printed. It's on the way. You think the lens hood itself should be enough? Or should i buy the nd filters since I shoot over water a lot?

one last question should i buy regular or multi-coated ? and what does that even mean?

thanks i also read that nd 32 and 16 and 8 are useful but not the 4. What nd filter do you recommend for preventing this issue, the 4, 8, 16, 32 or cp?

The filter you'll need on any given day depends on the strength of the sunlight. Here's a general ND filter usage guide:

Filter-Use-Chart.png

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson