DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please read. Possible future for drone hobbyists

Might be useful and informative to see what the AMA posts about Section 336 on their website. The Argument Over Section 336: AMA Responds for Calls to Repeal
I'm willing to join and pay dues to an organization who can have a seat at the table.They didn't at recent deliberations. I'm in favor of a negotiated deal with the FAA rather than dealing with individual states. My state, CT, is a regulatory zoo. FL, too. Seems to me that the AMA would benefit from hobbyists drone community membership. Any alternatives to the AMA?

In the comment section at YouTube under the video there are some long comments from the AMA. There is also a lot of AMA slamming going on. Evidently the AMA was in the room but not at the table or allowed to speak and people are wondering why they are paying dues if they have no voice.

and if everybody sat on their *** like you and did nothing like you then the 2nd amendment would be gone.Your an idiot if you don't believe it can happen. Look at all the rights that have been taken already. Look at all the restrictions on drones in the last few years and their trying real hard to take more from us .
Maybe you legal beagles have not been paying attention to the news the last 50 years.
There are people that still post the "they are going to take our guns away" rants.
There are flat earth believers, bigfoot believers, and conspiracy theorists that post "proof" all the time on you tube.
The tea Party posts a lot of things you might get caught up in as well.
It is not mine or anyone else's fault that you want to believe everything you see on you tube of all places.....
if it happens, it happens. But I wouldnt hold my breath if I were you. Thats all I mean by my initial post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Greg Smithski
That rant is usually a sell job from the right and ends with vote Republican. If we had a lobby behind us as strong as the NRA we wouldn't be having this conversation. And I've seen no evidence that the left or the right is on our side here.

The left took weapons away. I remember when you couldn't buy an AR. Changed nothing. Then they take something else like Britain taking away knives. Point is anyone wanting governmental control of their life probably doesn't deserve freedom anyway. You either want to be free or not. If your not involved then don't complain when things change. We are the final check and balance.

It must be hard sitting around worrying and waiting for people to take things away from you.
I cant remember anything like that happening since prohibition, and that didnt work out so well for the government.
Some of you need to drop the anti america torches and banners and just enjoy the life you have left because in the scheme of things life is not that long.
The day I lobby and rant to fight bans that havent even been mentioned by lawmakers against my TOYS, is the day I will probably put my head in the oven.

Reactions: Greg Smithski
and if everybody sat on their a$$ like you and did nothing like you then the 2nd amendment would be gone.Your an idiot if you don't believe it can happen. Look at all the rights that have been taken already. Look at all the restrictions on drones in the last few years and their trying real hard to take more from us .

If you don't have a 107, there are no restrictions, only "Guide Lines". What "Restrictions" besides not being able to fly in a National Park and State Parks here in CT? What "Rights" are you talking about? Don't leave us hanging here.

Last edited:
With all the incidents of idiots flying near airports and other acts of stupidity recently, im not surprised they're pushing these regulations. Lets face it, not all drone operators are responsible. It was only a matter of time.

Yes - it's always the handful of irresponsible idiots who spoil it for the rest of us.

I also realize that most genuine news articles do the same thing with titles.

If you understood how YouTube works you would understand that no one gets any revenue from YouTube views. Not a penny. The channel only get a commission when someone clicks on an ad. YouTube does not pay anyone to post videos.

Explain these articles that support what the video says. There are dozens of articles that document how the Commercial Drone Alliance is trying to get the US government to repeal Section 336 and possibly replace it with something onerous.

FAA Pushes for Repeal of Section 336 and More Authority Over Recreational Operators

For commercial drone industry to take off, hobby drones need IDs too
Help the AMA protect 336 - sUAS News - The Business of Drones

AMA Requests Help to Protect Section 336 - Arvada Associated Modelers

Save Section 336: Safe Hobby Flying Requires Education, Not More Drone Regulation

AMA Responds to Plea for Repeal of Section 336 - Unmanned Aerial

It's time to wake up, boys an girls. You cannot hide behind those tinfoil hats.

There is a strong lobby for commercial use of airspace below regulated airspace for the food and beverage industry, as well as delivery of products, its a big push financially, if you take the time you can find out more about who in your local government supports this move.

most importantly the 'hobby' must be regulated before any of this can take place. no conspiracy, just business. but they have to get the peoples acceptance

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming