DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar Pro ND Filters too heavy for gimbal

I am pretty sure Rise Above only received V2 from us.
-Jeff
Did you check out the link posted above? It's showing the V1 filters.

So back to my original question, is there and easy way for me to identify them?

colvill, if you have the filters pictured in your link, they are the old filters. The new filters are bronze colored. They look like this.
We updated every single one of our filters, so the cinema series and the black filters will all pass through gimbal initialization now :)
Jeff

Ah. Good to know. I thought you discontinued the black filters.

All of our Mavic filters have been updated to pass through gimbal calibration. Sounds like you have an email in with support and we look forward to getting you the updated version :)
-Jeff

Indeed! Polar Pro support was helpful and are sending the updated version. Note for people purchasing off Amazon: they might still be sending out the old models, so consider ordering directly directly through the Polar Pro website.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Thanks for the info guys, I just got home and checked my filters and they do indeed appear to be the revised ones. I'll give them a fly tomorrow.

Reactions: PolarPro
Hi, I have the same problem, not only they seem too heavy, but too big as they tap on the side of the gimbal when calibrating

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Hi, I have the same problem, not only they seem too heavy, but too big as they tap on the side of the gimbal when calibrating

If you have any questions on installation or are getting error codes, please send me an email for assistance: [email protected]
-Jeff from PolarPro

I've had mine on for three weeks..no issues whatsoever...as good a quality as Canon makes for my 5DMk4...dont leave home without them on...HA

Reactions: Slayerstwin
I needed a set quick for a job I was doing, so I ran to Best Buy because they had the three pack in stock (CP, ND8, ND16). I was a little worried that they would be the first version and that I would have to install after gimbal calibration, but I put the first one on, and everything booted up perfectly. I will be ordering the cinema set directly from Polar Pro, but glad the ones I received from Best Buy were the second version.

Just curious
Are all cinematic series (gold color) are new versions ? Lighter ? And pass boot up calibration ?

Just curious
Are all cinematic series (gold color) are new versions ? Lighter ? And pass boot up calibration ?

Yes they are all the new versions, and yes, they should all pass through initialization :)
A very small number of pilots are having startup issues, but we are working with them to get them all dialed in.

-Jeff

Having the same problem. Thanks for advise on adding filter after calibration. I will try next time

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580