DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar pro phone mount or freewell ?

Sav

Reactions
Hi I’m looking for some advice from people that have used both the above mounts on the mavic 2 controller . Which did you prefer ? Which was a better design and user experience.
Thank you

Thanks for the reply I would prefer the phone up the top similar to a phantom position as that is what I’m used to flying and have just moved to the mavic 2. That way I can still see the controller screen to.
This aspect of what can or needs to be seen has gone on for years. There are some that can’t live without what is on the rc, and some that get what they need from the screen on whatever device they use. In reality, the only info on the rc screen that is critical, is the battery info for the rc itself. The rest shows up on the device screen.

Reactions: Former Member
I’m looking for some advice from people that have used both the above mounts on the mavic 2 controller . Which did you prefer ?
Are these the two mounts you're considering?

PolarPro
1547001454972.png

Freewell
1547001519908.png

If you're using a phone that's in a thick case (like an Otterbox Defender), then the mount like the style @Thunderdrones drones posted above would likely work better. It'll fit a tablet too (if you ever fly with those).

Reactions: Sav
Neither PolarPro or Freewell offer the measurements for their mounts. I measured the Freewell mount with calipers and it'll hold a device that's up to 12.5 mm thick (including the case). Perhaps someone else will chime in with the PolarPro measurement or you can try contacting them for help.

You can try this one. Works with phone or tablet.

Search for this on Amazon:
Fstop Labs Remote Controller Device Holder for DJI Mavic 2 Pro Zoom Enterprise Foldable 4-10 Inch Phone Tablet Extended Mount + Neck Strap Accessories

1547561695285.png

1547561662038.png1547561580241.png1547561580241.png

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan