DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PolarPro or Skyreat ND filters

We have already stated that claim was unfair because it generalized all other filters. So again, thats not a claim we are making :)
Any other questions, happy to answer them,
-Jeff from PolarPro
IF TRUE, the claim is absolutely fair. The problem lies in the fact that you made the claim and then when asked to prove it, you backtracked and went into damage control mode. The only way the claim would be unfair is if its untrue.

I'm not really sure why we are going around in circles like this. I wasn't even talking to you. I was talking to someone who was vehemently defending you. If you notice, he backed out when the water got hot. You then jump in and try to say that you never claimed what you did. Did you forget that what you posted is still there? All one has to do is go back a few pages and see what you said. You made the claim. If you refuse to back it up, thats fine. But again, I wasnt even talking to you. You jump in and try to whitewash by saying "here is the claim you are talking about," when I know and you know, that wasnt the claim I was talking about at all. Like I said l, if you dont want to back up your claim, totally fine. But dont keep sticking your other claim in my face and try to tell me that's what I was talking about, especially when you know that isn't what I was talking about.

IF TRUE, the claim is absolutely fair. The problem lies in the fact that you made the claim and then when asked to prove it, you backtracked and went into damage control mode. The only way the claim would be unfair is if its untrue.

I'm not really sure why we are going around in circles like this. I wasn't even talking to you. I was talking to someone who was vehemently defending you. If you notice, he backed out when the water got hot. You then jump in and try to say that you never claimed what you did. Did you forget that what you posted is still there? All one has to do is go back a few pages and see what you said. You made the claim. If you refuse to back it up, thats fine. But again, I wasnt even talking to you. You jump in and try to whitewash by saying "here is the claim you are talking about," when I know and you know, that wasnt the claim I was talking about at all. Like I said l, if you dont want to back up your claim, totally fine. But dont keep sticking your other claim in my face and try to tell me that's what I was talking about, especially when you know that isn't what I was talking about.

I completely agree that this thread continues to go in circles and not prove any valuable information.
Seems like your a bit upset with me, I'd be happy to chat on the phone if you would like [email protected]
I would be happy to talk with you, I think it would be worth both of our time.

I think everyone should relax and get some flight time in, so this will be my last comment in here unless any questions are posted

-Jeff from PolarPro

Reactions: OldBlueHeron
I completely agree that this thread continues to go in circles and not prove any valuable information.
Seems like your a bit upset with me, I'd be happy to chat on the phone if you would like [email protected]
I would be happy to talk with you, I think it would be worth both of our time.

I think everyone should relax and get some flight time in, so this will be my last comment in here unless any questions are posted

-Jeff from PolarPro
I'm not upset with you at all. I think my last post perfectly describes the issue. I would love to have a phone call with you if you will be sharing the information that you guys have, that you described in this post
We have done QC testing against a lot of the other manufactures and find more often than not the filter densities are not actually what they say they are (ie. ND32 is not in-fact a 5-Stop reduction), coatings are not color neutral and shift, and the fit and finish are off.
I wouldn't mind at all getting this information to share the results with the members of this forum. I know I would love to see it, and they would too. If that isn't what we will be talking about though, probably not much need for a phone call.

Reactions: OldBlueHeron
I'm not upset with you at all. I think my last post perfectly describes the issue. I would love to have a phone call with you if you will be sharing the information that you guys have, that you described in this post

I wouldn't mind at all getting this information to share the results with the members of this forum. I know I would love to see it, and they would too. If that isn't what we will be talking about though, probably not much need for a phone call.

Yah shoot me an email and we will get a call scheduled
-Jeff from PolarPro

Thank you for the feedback Grumpy, if you are open to a phone call I would love to hear more about how we can improve our forum tone.
[email protected]

Phone call? If you go to post #1 and re-read every post and read every post with the PP logo twice, you will see all you need to know. If you are still unable to see it, a phone call to me surely won’t save you.

Every time your finger touches the keyboard you make it worse. It’s time to TAP OUT Jeff.

Can we see a comparison of the various HD filters in terms of f-stop accuracy and neutral colour? Has someone done such an analysis and posted it? If so, that's all the observable evidence we need.

Phone call? If you go to post #1 and re-read every post and read every post with the PP logo twice, you will see all you need to know. If you are still unable to see it, a phone call to me surely won’t save you.

Every time your finger touches the keyboard you make it worse. It’s time to TAP OUT Jeff.
Ok well, I cant improve if you don't provide feedback. I am on this forum as a resource, and because of my shared passion for
filming and flying. I see you just joined this forum, so welcome, we have been here for almost 2 years and actually sponsor this
forum to keep it going, so you will see a lot more finger keyboard touches from myself and the company.

We are just here to help, answer questions and provide inspiration. When we get tagged into difficult threads like this one we still have
to answer questions. If you wanted to further improve your forum experience I would recommend giving very specific feedback so we can improve.

-Jeff from PolarPro

Reactions: bullbloke
We also never said that, what we said was :
"When you support our brand (buy our products) you get a fully QC'd and consistent product, high-end glass with no defects, color neutrality, perfect target transmission, Customer Support from a US based company who actually films and flies drones, a lifetime warranty, a filter calculator / filming app, Youtube videos to help support / inspire ideas"

I would be happy to answer any other specific question you may have.
-Jeff from PolarPro

Hi stberlin!
We actually never claimed superiority, we just stated what people get when they buy our product :) We dont claim "superiority" because that is a subjective term based on a customers preferences. What we said was below:
When you support our brand you get a fully QC'd and consistent product, high-end glass with no defects, color neutrality, perfect target transmission, Customer Support from a US based company who actually films and flies drones, a lifetime warranty, a filter calculator / filming app, Youtube videos to help support / inspire ideas.

Happy to answer any specific questions you may have :)
-Jeff from PolarPro

Why omit the first paragraph of your post? You're treating people here like they're dumb. Then you keep posting that smiley face. Here's what you said, even claiming your manufacturing is in-house and not outsourced like the others.

Thanks for tagging me in!
Haha thats a pretty funny claim that they are the same as ours, we own the entire process except for the package printing, so maybe what they are telling you is that their glass quality and frame quality is the same. We have done QC testing against a lot of the other manufactures and find more often than not the filter densities are not actually what they say they are (ie. ND32 is not in-fact a 5-Stop reduction), coatings are not color neutral and shift, and the fit and finish are off.

When you support our brand you get a fully QC'd and consistent product, high-end glass with no defects, color neutrality, perfect target transmission, Customer Support from a US based company who actually films and flies drones, a lifetime warranty, a filter calculator / filming app, Youtube videos to help support / inspire ideas.

So to recap, our quality and consistency is the best in the industry, we own the entire manufacturing process, and our customer support is outstanding :)

I am also happy to answer any technical questions you may have!
-Jeff from PolarPro

Just because you didn't say it explicitly, it doesn't mean you did not allude to it. :)

It's like this:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"
a.k.a separation of Church and State. Not explicit but that's exactly what it is. :)

In my original post, I did not mention glass quality, just build quality and similarities with other brands. You however insinuated that the other brands are inferior "according to your tests." :)

And for glass quality, ok PP is better. I have no proof, you have no proof, but I'll take your word for it. I need an ND1000.

Last edited:
Why omit the first paragraph of your post? You're treating people here like they're dumb. Then you keep posting that smiley face. Here's what you said, even claiming your manufacturing is in-house and not outsourced like the others.

Just because you didn't say it explicitly, it doesn't mean you did not allude to it. :)

It's like this:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"
a.k.a separation of Church and State. Not explicit but that's exactly what it is. :)

In my original post, I did not mention glass quality, just build quality and similarities with other brands. You however insinuated that the other brands are inferior "according to your tests." :)

And for glass quality, ok PP is better. I have no proof, you have no proof, but I'll take your word for it. I need an ND1000.

I have said that is was unfair to state that first part because it was overgeneralizing all of those brands were the same. So I apologize for saying that, it was an unfair claim.

ND1000 Single Filter: DJI Mavic Air - Single Filters

and here is how to use it:

Why omit the first paragraph of your post? You're treating people here like they're dumb. Then you keep posting that smiley face.
I wholeheartedly agree. It's a little annoying to be told, "No, no, we didn't say that! We said this," when all you have to do is go back a few pages and see exactly what was said. Then he says, "No, we didn't say that, here's the claim you're talking about," and posts something totally different than what we were talking about, when he knows EXACTLY what was being talked about. Can we expect the same treatment if we call customer support? I sure hope not, because I can do without being treated like some idiot that cant read.

Reactions: Son1ze
If you look at my posts from other threads, I have actually recommended polar pro accessories before. All this "stuff" is making me question if I should have. Like I said before, I really hope this isn't representative of the company as a whole.

View attachment 41239

I have a set of filters for sale if anyone is interested

If you look at my posts from other threads, I have actually recommended polar pro accessories before. All this "stuff" is making me question if I should have. Like I said before, I really hope this isn't representative of the company as a whole.
I sincerely apologize, this thread should have been handled differently, it was a first, and I will exercise greater thought before responding to future questions and topics.

I sincerely apologize, this thread should have been handled differently, it was a first, and I will exercise greater thought before responding to future questions and topics.
It's all good. We are all guilty of saying things that in hindsight probably wasnt the best thing to say. It happens. I too apologize, for coming off harsh. You're a representative of your company and I probably just hold you to a little higher standard than "regular forum members" when discussing your own product. Thanks for being a part of the community. Even if I may disagree with something you may say, it's nice to see a company interact with their customers.

Reactions: metaphase
Polars. You can’t cheap out on the quality. You pay a grand for a drone, don’t drop the cheapies on it.
I agree. Why worry about 30-40 dollars after you have well over a grand on your system. Also look at resale values and Polar Pro holds value while other knock offs don't even sell unless you give them away.

I stay in China & I can tell you Polarpro & skyreat goods are made in exact same factory also jeff claim of quality control is TOTAL FAKE a complete BASELESS , Jeff if you do not believe then come join me in dongguan I will make you visit your own supplier & show you what is the kind of quality control they do they infact have no machines to test this glass all they do is assembling over there. Yes their is lot of fake claims in polarpro website such as WHO DEMAND BEST OF THE BEST which in turns mean you are the only one making best product & rest all are ****.

Do not take over advantage of sharktank & media presence wake up & smell coffee.

Always i have seen you putting others down & then your fanboy come & bash others be in facebook groups or forum your sponsorhip to this forum doesn't mean we have no freedom of speech so basically with money you want to buy everyone & put everyone down.

Reactions: Skyreat
There are so many fake claims these days. Lol.....I never pay for a premium filters which I think it's bullcrab. Blah blah if I spent one thousand dollars on drone doesn't mean I have to pay a hundred for these filters. XDXDXD

Reactions: mad monkey
I stay in China & I can tell you Polarpro & skyreat goods are made in exact same factory also jeff claim of quality control is TOTAL FAKE a complete BASELESS , Jeff if you do not believe then come join me in dongguan I will make you visit your own supplier & show you what is the kind of quality control they do they infact have no machines to test this glass all they do is assembling over there. Yes their is lot of fake claims in polarpro website such as WHO DEMAND BEST OF THE BEST which in turns mean you are the only one making best product & rest all are ****.

Do not take over advantage of sharktank & media presence wake up & smell coffee.

Always i have seen you putting others down & then your fanboy come & bash others be in facebook groups or forum your sponsorhip to this forum doesn't mean we have no freedom of speech so basically with money you want to buy everyone & put everyone down.
That's interesting ! It seems that you know the facts better than me.

Reactions: Underdog1964
Also you are correct, you pay for our name, the same name you will be calling for help on filter selection, warranty, tips on capturing better content, developing out a filter calculator app, and even the name you call for a refund if you don't like the product. We are here as a resource for the entire industry whether they choose to purchase our brand or not :)
The app is currently taking quite a panning in the Play Store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.i7778.polarpro) - is the content and resources you mention only for iOS owners or are there plans to properly cater for Android users too?

The app is currently taking quite a panning in the Play Store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.i7778.polarpro) - is the content and resources you mention only for iOS owners or are there plans to properly cater for Android users too?

You don't really need the app to calculate after you've done it a few times (the app just does basic math for you), but their app works just fine on my Google Pixel XL2 running Android 9.0 for what its worth.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart