DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PolarPro or Skyreat ND filters

I can't have a constructive conversation with you if you aren't even going to read my posts.
I've read all of your posts. You've been continuously questioning the quality of all non Polar Pro filters and have no evidence to back up any of those doubts. It's hard to take those things seriously when people who are actually using those filters have not mentioned them.

Reactions: locoman
I've read all of your posts. You've been continuously questioning the quality of all non Polar Pro filters and have no evidence to back up any of those doubts. It's hard to take those things seriously when people who are actually using those filters have not mentioned them.

Had you been reading my posts you would have read me say multiple times that I am not saying one filter is better than the other, rather I am asking for (real) evidence because Skyreat has already been caught in a lie, and is the only one in this thread making claims they haven't been able to back up thus far. That is the ONLY reason Skyreat is the subject of various people's scrutiny. Also, as I have already said, I couldn't possibly care less beyond the fact that I don't like being mislead. This thread would probably be 1 page long instead of 7 had Skyreat not made claims that they are better than Polar Pro and then post no actual evidence - that is their burden of proof, nobody else's. You don't come out and say "hey guys my product is the best" and then refuse to prove it, telling everyone else to instead prove it isn't. Polar Pro is not the one making baseless claims, if they were, I'd be asking the exact same thing of them. So that is how I know you haven't been following along, and therefore it's difficult to have a worthwhile conversation. Further, Skyreat has themselves posted photos of some filters with very rough glass and some without, and they have ignored 4 inquiries so far, so the only reasonable assumption is bad QC until they provide an explanation.

I find it odd that you are defending them so vehemently, are seemingly not at all bothered by the fact that they have been caught in a lie, and have so far been unable to back up their claims. For a third time, their filters might be similar to Polar Pro's, maybe they aren't - I could not care less beyond the fact that they made a claim that they are better and cannot back it up, have lied to us all at least once already, and do not respond to simple product inquires. Had they not done that, this thread would have died long ago and nobody would care.

FYI
a92ce856741e0c7d3282715cee0f7cd2.jpg
3bda0d48c6b4d2c4c739bda29b4a3cc0.jpg
ebdbf51af61776652912f656096591a0.jpg

Reactions: Skyreat
I find it odd that you are defending them so vehemently
I am? All I did is ask a question about a claim you were making. I had no idea that would set you off like this...

Skyreat has already been caught in a lie, and is the only one in this thread making claims they haven't been able to back up thus far.
PolarPro made claims they haven't backed up. Pretty sure this is PolarPro saying their products are heads and shoulders above the competition. They are basically calling the competitor products, not just skyreats, garbage and not giving us any proof of this, other than them saying so.
We have done QC testing against a lot of the other manufactures and find more often than not the filter densities are not actually what they say they are (ie. ND32 is not in-fact a 5-Stop reduction), coatings are not color neutral and shift, and the fit and finish are off.

I am? All I did is ask a question about a claim you were making. I had no idea that would set you off like this...

I have never made a claim about either filter, all I said was that poorly finished glass could have an impact. Either way it appears to be an unaddressed QC issue. I asked Skyreat I believe 4 times in 3 different threads why their ND1000 is finished so poorly and they have ignored the question every time - if they have an explanation, it's pretty clear by now they don't want to post it publicly. If you want to read about how glass imperfections, diffraction, etc. can affect a final image, google is your friend. Further, the question was not about image quality (which as has been rehashed multiple times now need to be verified independently and objectively), but rather build quality (earlier poster suggested PGY, Skyreat, PolarPro shared the same build quality to which I disagreed due to the glass finishing), and you'd know that if you read my post. As I said, this is going nowhere...

I find it odd that you are not bothered by the fact that they have lied to us in this thread, won't answer questions about their products, and have made claims they (so far) cannot back up. Why come running to their defense? That is the only reason they are the subject of so much scrutiny. Why not let them defend themselves with facts and back up their claims with objective data? Is it because you have their products listed as a "Must Have" in your signature?

You keep asking questions that have been answered, so there is no need for you to keep getting worked up over nothing. Just read the thread :) Maybe one day someone will do some proper testing and we can all get our answer, until then, just be happy with whatever you've got.

I asked Skyreat I believe 4 times in 3 different threads why their ND1000 is finished so poorly and they have ignored the question every time - if they have an explanation, it's pretty clear by now they don't want to post it publicly. If you want to read about how glass imperfections, diffraction, etc. can affect a final image, google is your friend. Further, the question was not about image quality (which as has been rehashed multiple times now need to be verified independently and objectively), but rather build quality (earlier poster suggested PGY, Skyreat, PolarPro shared the same build quality to which I disagreed due to the glass finishing), and you'd know that if you read my post.
Since you're so interested in this topic, maybe you can look into these imperfections too:

PP01.jpg
PP02.jpg

BTW, I think it's important to note that I have absolutely no problem with those filters even though the outer edge of the glass is not finished to perfection and there is adhesive sticking on the inside edge of the glass. Imperfections and lack of QA aside, they still produce results as good as other brands like SKYREAT, PGYTECH, Freewell, and Taco-RC.

I find it odd that you are not bothered by the fact that they have lied to us in this thread, won't answer questions about their products, and have made claims they (so far) cannot back up
Does everyone in this thread feel that way? Or just you and @Jameslavis? I was pretty impressed to see them answer your challenge. They even posted data collected by a 3rd party (instead of data they collected themselves). Kudos to them for trying to be open and transparent.

Is it because you have their products listed as a "Must Have" in your signature?
I don't recall recommending anyone exclusively buy SKYREAT brand filters. With that said, I think they make good filters and do recommend people consider the SKYREAT brand when choosing filters. I can also say that I personally own SKYREAT filters, so I'm able to recommend them as a good brand from experience.

there is no need for you to keep getting worked up over nothing
I'm honestly not worked up at all. I'm just here taking it all in. This is an interesting conversation and I think everyone will learn something about buying filters by reading this thread in its entirety.

Reactions: locoman
Does everyone in this thread feel that way? Or just you and @Jameslavis? I was pretty impressed to see them answer your challenge. They even posted data collected by a 3rd party (instead of data they collected themselves). Kudos to them for trying to be open and transparent.
No, you aren't. He keeps talking ONLY about the claims made by skyreat, but claims were made by both parties. PolarPro made claims and when asked to back up what they were saying, totally copped out. Skyreat attempted to back up what they were saying, and somehow that is worse?

He also keeps saying that skyreat lied to us which I guess you could make that argument, but it's a little silly. All skyreat said was they were the same. If one wasnt dead set on making an argument against them, it would be pretty easy to see that skyreat probably meant that they were the same in terms of quality and effectiveness. He never said they were identical or made at the same manufacturing plant.

I have freewell filters and they work pretty well. I buy what I think is a good product, not necessarily what has the highest price. Freewell had good reviews and a fair price so I bought their filters. I will buy the highest price products if there is a good reason to(obviously, as I own DJI products lol).I dont have either PP or skyreat filters, but I do have other gear from both companies and they both make solid products in my opinion.

Skyreat posted the photos themselves, if you've been following along, and I've asked them at least 3 times now for an explanation but they have conveniently ignored me each time. A rough edge like that could definitely have an impact on optical performance depending on how light is entering the lens. It's also just bad quality control.

Anyway that wasn't the point - someone above said the filters are made the same and if one has a rough, poorly finished glass edge and the other does not, the build is not identical.
Tell me what's the diffierent between Polarpro & Skyreat from the photos,You can't say the quality is not ok just becaus you check the photos,especially when you talk about this kind of products, Please make some proof just as i did If you doubt it!
BTW,I didn't answer your question,just because it was boring.
152974124461.jpg
152974211577.jpg
152974124379.png

Seriously? China has never been a leader in optics, I find the lenses on the Mavic Air lacking in general. I don’t think you will find any great consistency Mavic to Mavic and filter to filter or from filter brand.
As I’ve said in the past, I DO NOT own any PP products and never will. Several things about the company bothers me but mostly the aggressive chest pounding attitude in the forums.
And nobody likes FANBOYS.

Last edited:
Some of the Skyreat filters have a poorly finished rough edge around the glass, the Polar Pros do not that I have seen so far.
check your polarpro nd4 or nd8, you can see better on those on how the lens is attached to its frame (adhesive). it's not perfectly round and a bit messy on some. it's also the same on skyreat. c'mon. the glass might be a tad better, but the same people put them together. and again... small sensor. it doesn't matter. but on their claim of superiority, they haven't presented any evidence. They're pulling a donald trump. at least skyreat tried.

Last edited:
check your polarpro nd4 or nd8, you can see better on those on how the lens is attached to its frame (adhesive). it's not perfectly round and a bit messy on some. it's also the same on skyreat. c'mon. the glass might be a tad better, but the same people put them together. and again... small sensor. it doesn't matter. but on their claim of superiority, they haven't presented any evidence. They're pulling a donald trump. at least skyreat tried.
Hi stberlin!
We actually never claimed superiority, we just stated what people get when they buy our product :) We dont claim "superiority" because that is a subjective term based on a customers preferences. What we said was below:
When you support our brand you get a fully QC'd and consistent product, high-end glass with no defects, color neutrality, perfect target transmission, Customer Support from a US based company who actually films and flies drones, a lifetime warranty, a filter calculator / filming app, Youtube videos to help support / inspire ideas.

Happy to answer any specific questions you may have :)
-Jeff from PolarPro

Seriously? China has never been a leader in optics, I find the lenses on the Mavic Air lacking in general. I don’t think you will find any great consistency Mavic to Mavic and filter to filter or from filter brand.
As I’ve said in the past, I DO NOT own any PP products and never will. Several things about the company bothers me but mostly the aggressive chest pounding attitude in the forums.
And nobody likes FANBOYS.
Thank you for the feedback Grumpy, if you are open to a phone call I would love to hear more about how we can improve our forum tone.
[email protected]

No, you aren't. He keeps talking ONLY about the claims made by skyreat, but claims were made by both parties. PolarPro made claims and when asked to back up what they were saying, totally copped out. Skyreat attempted to back up what they were saying, and somehow that is worse?

He also keeps saying that skyreat lied to us which I guess you could make that argument, but it's a little silly. All skyreat said was they were the same. If one wasnt dead set on making an argument against them, it would be pretty easy to see that skyreat probably meant that they were the same in terms of quality and effectiveness. He never said they were identical or made at the same manufacturing plant.

I have freewell filters and they work pretty well. I buy what I think is a good product, not necessarily what has the highest price. Freewell had good reviews and a fair price so I bought their filters. I will buy the highest price products if there is a good reason to(obviously, as I own DJI products lol).I dont have either PP or skyreat filters, but I do have other gear from both companies and they both make solid products in my opinion.

Hey Mavflyer,
Did you have any follow up questions? happy to answer them

Here was The Claim you are referring to about what you get when you purchase our filters:
"When you support our brand you get a fully QC'd and consistent product, high-end glass with no defects, color neutrality, perfect target transmission, Customer Support from a US based company who actually films and flies drones, a lifetime warranty, a filter calculator / filming app, Youtube videos to help support / inspire ideas."

We actually never claimed superiority
We have done QC testing against a lot of the other manufactures and find more often than not the filter densities are not actually what they say they are (ie. ND32 is not in-fact a 5-Stop reduction), coatings are not color neutral and shift, and the fit and finish are off.
If you never claimed superiority, then you are saying customers can expect the same quality that you described your competitors as having?

If you never claimed superiority, then you are saying customers can expect the same quality that you described your competitors as having?
We also never said that, what we said was :
"When you support our brand (buy our products) you get a fully QC'd and consistent product, high-end glass with no defects, color neutrality, perfect target transmission, Customer Support from a US based company who actually films and flies drones, a lifetime warranty, a filter calculator / filming app, Youtube videos to help support / inspire ideas"

I would be happy to answer any other specific question you may have.
-Jeff from PolarPro

We also never said that, what we said was :
"When you support our brand (buy our products) you get a fully QC'd and consistent product, high-end glass with no defects, color neutrality, perfect target transmission, Customer Support from a US based company who actually films and flies drones, a lifetime warranty, a filter calculator / filming app, Youtube videos to help support / inspire ideas"

I would be happy to answer any other specific question you may have.
-Jeff from PolarPro
I know you said that, you repeated it in your last 3 posts. But that isn't what we are talking about. We are talking about THIS claim.
You have refused to back up THIS claim. I'm not talking about the claim you keep repeating. I'm talking about this one
I repeat it because you seem to keep missing it.

I know you said that, you repeated it in your last 3 posts. But that isn't what we are talking about. We are talking about THIS claim.

You have refused to back up THIS claim. I'm not talking about the claim you keep repeating. I'm talking about this one

I repeat it because you seem to keep missing it.
We have already stated that claim was unfair because it generalized all other filters. So again, thats not a claim we are making :)
Any other questions, happy to answer them,
-Jeff from PolarPro

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22