DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PolarPro or Skyreat ND filters

@ polarPro
@ Skreat
Put up or shut up. Show us the results of your testing.

@ PolarPro
Some of the people consider bombarding forums and false reviews a bad business practice.

@ polarPro
@ Skreat
Put up or shut up. Show us the results of your testing.

@ PolarPro
Some of the people consider bombarding forums and false reviews a bad business practice.

Uh Oh! We are just on here to help. Someone tagged us into this post for a response asking if we owned our manufacturing process which we do, then some other people asked other questions which were answered. Thanks for the feedback that you don't want us on here, but not sure which false reviews you are talking about?

Have a great evening!
-Jeff from PolarPro

Really though, what value is the data to you guys when the source is the company themselves? Internal testing has value to the company, but carries little weight outside of that. Independent third party testing would be needed for any meaningful, unbiased data for public consumption. It's like how every vehicle manufacturer says their cars are the best, and puts out tests funded and performed by them that show they are the best haha.

Also, PolarPro does have a point - why would they show their competition detailed, precise, data outlining where they might be better or have an edge? They might as well send the competition instructions on how to copy them more precisely haha. I also understand that it would be helpful to see the data, so what we really need is an independent third party test. Anyways, they politely retracted their comment which is fine and probably the responsible thing to do.

I'll also go out on a limb and guess that Skyreat doesn't end up posting all of the data that we would actually need to see, which would be many, many things including but not limited to effect uniformity, effect accuracy, transmission, thickness, thickness uniformity, QC procedures, rate of rejection, etc. etc.

I am as guilty as anyone else, but I also think we are overthinking this a bit considering the application is a tiny 1/2.3" 12MP sensor haha.

I also found this interesting - the glass is finished poorly on one filter, but not the other:

Mavic air long exposure ND filter - ND1000

Finally,We finish the test about the mavic air filters between Skyreat & Polarpro ,We chose two type filter to test,the ND8 & nd8pl, Please see the following pictures,this is about the transmittance rate & reflectivity, I will offer other data if necessary.
Based on the test results of these two data, we found that the data of nd8pl are basically the same in terms of reflectivity and light transmittance, while the nd8 filter, skyreat is significantly stronger in transmittance than polarpro, and basically the same in reflectivity.
152847648765.png
152847648635.jpg
152847648699.jpg
152847648479.jpg
152847648579.jpg

So,This is the result of the test!!
I just want to say: we're almost the same ,but we're better, Why you cost $80 for 3pcs ,but not cost $40 for 4pcs, especially when it better !!!
152847648765.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 大疆御Air
If I dropped one of my ND filters in the sea would you replace it free of charge?? As PolarPro did that for me. Customer for life here.

If I dropped one of my ND filters in the sea would you replace it free of charge?? As PolarPro did that for me. Customer for life here.
While that was a very kind thing for them to do (assuming it was your fault), I wouldn't expect them to replace every filter that is damaged (from misuse) or lost by a customer. However, if that is really part of their lifetime warranty, they should definitely note it on their website.

Finally,We finish the test about the mavic air filters between Skyreat & Polarpro ,We chose two type filter to test,the ND8 & nd8pl, Please see the following pictures,this is about the transmittance rate & reflectivity, I will offer other data if necessary.
Based on the test results of these two data, we found that the data of nd8pl are basically the same in terms of reflectivity and light transmittance, while the nd8 filter, skyreat is significantly stronger in transmittance than polarpro, and basically the same in reflectivity.
152847648765.png
152847648635.jpg
152847648699.jpg
152847648479.jpg
152847648579.jpg
Awesome!

Probably not smart to advertise something like this. They may stop doing it if they get a flood of people "losing a filter."

Only problem is that an excel screen shot from the manufacturer themselves tells us absolutely nothing. You would need third party testing for it to have any weight at all. If you look at almost any industry, every company says they are the best, based on their own internal testing...

You can't have any sort of 'showdown' when the sources of the data can literally be fabricated by 3 minutes of excel data entry. I'm not saying that is or is not the case here, but like any other product, it has zero credibility as long as the manufacturer has a hand in it. Also, there are many things left out of the data.

Agreed. Also I’d love to know their experience and in-house expertise. I’d assume as a filter provider, they have many experts in-house. Also a real person in. Let’s america that you can actually phone.

Only problem is that an excel screen shot from the manufacturer themselves tells us absolutely nothing. You would need third party testing for it to have any weight at all. If you look at almost any industry, every company says they are the best, based on their own internal testing...
You can't have any sort of 'showdown' when the sources of the data can literally be fabricated by 3 minutes of excel data entry. I'm not saying that is or is not the case here, but like any other product, it has zero credibility as long as the manufacturer has a hand in it. Also, there are many things left out of the data.
I never said this is from our manufacturer,This is the third party in fact.

DB36CC16-C414-4EC1-B596-54DC2DE6F107.jpeg Like I said on page 3 of this thread. The Skyreat filters are the better deal!
I would like to see some video comparisons as well from other pilots that have used both if any.
Remember, DJI owns some of Polar Pro, Therefor, you pay for the name and more.:(

I never said this is from our manufacturer,This is the third party in fact.

As long as the data comes from you in any way, or from a source that you pay to evaluate your filters (third party or not), it carries no weight outside your organization. That goes for anyone, including PolarPro or any other company's product. If I came out with my own filters tomorrow, the same would apply to me - I could tell everyone they are the best, whip up some Excel graphs with zero backup, and it would carry no weight until an unrelated third party did the proper testing. Further, Excel screenshots that anyone could fabricate in a matter of minutes are not exactly a credible way to present data.

An unrelated third party needs to perform unbiased independent testing on both to create any sort of comparison that is worthwhile. That probably isn't going to happen anytime soon given the equipment required and the low overall value of most filters, but I would be interested to see it if it ever happened.

This is not an insult to you - the exact same burden of proof would apply to anyone regardless of the industry.

It apoears that they can't win. Some of you have been clamouring for evidence and test results. They come up with it and you disregard it.

It apoears that they can't win. Some of you have been clamouring for evidence and test results. They come up with it and you disregard it.

Except they haven't given us any evidence at all...we got an unprofessional Excel screenshot containing no credible data whatsoever. You or I could type that up in 2-3 minutes and it does not include many of the variables important to filter quality, which were likely left out intentionally. If they want to show their brand is superior or the same as someone else (a claim they made), they can't also be the ones providing, purchasing, or soliciting that information. That goes for anyone. In no scenario should a customer ever take the manufacturer's word for it when they claim to be the best, why would it be different here?

If you go ask hungry salesmen at Ford, GMC, and Dodge dealerships who makes the best pickup truck, what answer do you think they will each give you? They all probably have an award or certification to show you as well (many of which can be bought, like the BBB ratings). Companies go to great lengths to do these sort of things and make biased data look impartial. I work in marketing for a living and I see it all the time. Again, this is not an insult to Skryeat and I am not saying their data is wrong, you just have to take it with a grain of salt. They are claiming their filters are as good or better compared to Polar Pro, so it's up to them to find a way to show us impartial third party data covering all the variables necessary to make such a claim.

While that was a very kind thing for them to do (assuming it was your fault), I wouldn't expect them to replace every filter that is damaged (from misuse) or lost by a customer. However, if that is really part of their lifetime warranty, they should definitely note it on their website.
We always take care of our customers, we are in it for the long haul, so we will take a loss on this type of thing to keep a customer happy so they return as we expand our offerings :)
-Jeff from PolarPro

Reactions: bullbloke
View attachment 39758 Like I said on page 3 of this thread. The Skyreat filters are the better deal!
I would like to see some video comparisons as well from other pilots that have used both if any.
Remember, DJI owns some of Polar Pro, Therefor, you pay for the name and more.:(
Yah, we actually are not owned by DJI....where did you hear that from? I havn't signed anything to give up interest of the company ;)

Also you are correct, you pay for our name, the same name you will be calling for help on filter selection, warranty, tips on capturing better content, developing out a filter calculator app, and even the name you call for a refund if you don't like the product. We are here as a resource for the entire industry whether they choose to purchase our brand or not :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair