DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PolarPro or Skyreat ND filters

You drop a G on a drone. It’s only good for camera so why not put the money into the accessories. Compare skyreat to mavmount and see the diff for that item. Chinese rip offs are not the same ever.

Up to you tho. Only the best in my world
I’m sorry, where was your drone manufactured? Pretty sure DJI, the worlds leading drone manufacturer is a... Chinese company.

Reactions: metaphase
As are most products but the larger companies have significant QA and proprietary elements. The discussion is not where it's made but the driving company, their QA.and proprietary elements.

Watch a few DJI drone videos vs the rip offs. Use an iPhone vs an Iclone. Nowadays you pay for quality

I have no personal experience with the Skyreat filters but I do own several PolarPro MA filters. The build quality of the PolarPro is solid but their customer service is exceptional, as is their lifetime warranty.

I have no personal experience with the Skyreat filters but I do own several PolarPro MA filters. The build quality of the PolarPro is solid but their customer service is exceptional, as is their lifetime warranty.
The customer service is what makes PP a great company. That being said, I find the other filters to be comparable as far as footage goes.

Reactions: Ed Duda
As are most products but the larger companies have significant QA and proprietary elements. The discussion is not where it's made but the driving company, their QA.and proprietary elements.

Watch a few DJI drone videos vs the rip offs. Use an iPhone vs an Iclone. Nowadays you pay for quality
You are mostly correct, but there is a respectful way of saying this without insulting others cultures. As far as watching a few videos, thanks mate; but this isn’t my first quad rodeo.

Reactions: metaphase and joo2e
To clarify, normally a product claiming to be something (A brand)it is not would be considered a ripoff. A product manufactured by a different company does not make it a “RIPOFF”. I personally do not own and never will own a PolarPro product. Nothing to do with the product but their marketing practices.

I only post after beer time.[emoji481]

Polar have the best marketing Dept. That’s for sure. Having said that, they are made in the same factory as some of the cheaper ones. I’ve tried Skyreats and Polar Pro in the past and could see absolutely no difference whatsoever.
You're right, It's no different at all !

Here is what is guarantee, weight to pass gimbal calibration, won’t f-up the delicate threads, quality optical glass. If you get the same guarantees polar gives from skyreat, go for it. I’d bet you xian-li from skyreat won’t answer you back.
I'm skyreat , We will respond every customer in 24 hours, if there is any product issue ,We will replace or refund to customer.Filters from skyreat are the same as PP, Like a friend said ,We just don't have them so famous.

I'm skyreat , We will respond every customer in 24 hours, if there is any product issue ,We will replace or refund to customer.Filters from skyreat are the same as PP, Like a friend said ,We just don't have them so famous.

Are they literally made in the same factory alongside each other? I'd be curious to confirm this with Polar Pro as well.

Are they literally made in the same factory alongside each other? I'd be curious to confirm this with Polar Pro as well.

I didn’t actually say that[emoji846] What I did say is that PP’s are made in the same factory as some of the cheaper ones. Which might possibly be Skyreats. I must say though, the Mavic Air Skyreats are EXACTLY the same as the PP’s.......ie they are equally as good and look exactly the same. I haven’t tested out their customer service as have had absolutely no problems at all ( to be honest it’s a very simple product so I’d doubt whether you’d need it). The quality in general and particularly the threads are top notch.

I didn’t actually say that[emoji846] What I did say is that PP’s are made in the same factory as some of the cheaper ones. Which might possibly be Skyreats. I must say though, the Mavic Air Skyreats are EXACTLY the same as the PP’s.......ie they are equally as good and look exactly the same. I haven’t tested out their customer service as have had absolutely no problems at all ( to be honest it’s a very simple product so I’d doubt whether you’d need it). The quality in general and particularly the threads are top notch.

Skyreat did say that though, which is what peaked my curiosity :)

From the post above "Filters from skyreat are the same as PP, Like a friend said ,We just don't have them so famous."

As far as a filter goes, lots of things can be different without physically looking different, such as number of and quality of the anti reflective coatings, quality and thickness of the glass, the uniformity of the ND itself, vignetting, light transmission, etc. Without objective testing it's difficult to find that kind of data, but for most casual users using something like the Mavic Air and it's tiny sensor, probably not a big deal as long as the footage looks OK.

That's true, but based on a back to back very unscientific 20 minute test the footage was identical.

That's true, but based on a back to back very unscientific 20 minute test the footage was identical.

A lot of things will appear the same with unscientific, subjective testing :) Doesn't mean you're wrong, it's just not at all conclusive especially since everyone's uses and tolerances are different. If Skyreat says their filters are identical to Polar Pro, I would be curious if Polar Pro would agree.

A lot of yups. They are not the same. They just work to get that base job done. Products from the same company can vary in composition, process, and QA. That is where premium prices come from. Marketing makes up small amount of overall budget. It’s ususlly QA that drains time and funds

A lot of yups. They are not the same. They just work to get that base job done. Products from the same company can vary in composition, process, and QA. That is where premium prices come from. Marketing makes up small amount of overall budget. It’s ususlly QA that drains time and funds
How do you know they aren't the same? You provided zero insight on how you would know that. Skyreat says they are the same and I think he would be in a better position to know something like that than you. It is EXTREMELY common for the exact same product to be sold by different companies with just a different logo attached. I'm not saying you're wrong, but you should probably provide a little proof with such a statement, especially when the company that sells them states the opposite of what you are claiming.

I work in pharma with generics and national brands. Wife is a QA manager with a food Corp. The practices applied in both of these industries are not unique. I can assure you generics are not the same as national brand pharmaceuticals. I can guarantee you the ketchup you eat, albeit made in the same facility is formulated differently for brands like Heinz vs alymers.

Returning to lenses. Polar very likely has some proprietary formulations or processes. This is what you pay for. The cheaper brands will pass a base test for a consumer. They appear to work. But by no means are they the same. Compare fake a fake Rolex, Oakley, nerf bullets (tested first hand from family) and many others. Many probably do come from the same or similar facilities. Many are also QA failures from the parent brand. You sound very naive in this landscape my child.

Reactions: Grumpy D
You sound very naive in this landscape my child.
Really? You're already going to comments like this? I think I see where this is going. You have no clue my life experience and is naive for you to assume anything about me. So you can name a couple examples where the product is different. Big deal. I can name a couple from personal experience that are in fact identical. Brother in law works for Johnsonville. He says that they also make brats for store brands and all they do is put a different label. My father worked for a major neck tie manufacturer. He said they did the same thing, Walmart sells the same ties as JC Penny, again just a different label sewn in.

You have proven that you actually have zero clue about this particular product. Case closed :cool:

Skreat says they are the same, I'd like to see them post some objective evidence of that. I wonder if Polar Pro would agree that their identical product is sold for cheaper under another name. I don't really care either way, I am genuinely curious. Personally I don't believe they are identical in every way even if performance is similar because I don't think Polar Pro would build their business around an identical product that is cheaper. Maybe Polar Pro can chime in :)

Skreat says they are the same, I'd like to see them post some objective evidence of that. I wonder if Polar Pro would agree that their identical product is sold for cheaper under another name. I don't really care either way, I am genuinely curious. Personally I don't believe they are identical in every way even if performance is similar because I don't think Polar Pro would build their business around an identical product that is cheaper. Maybe Polar Pro can chime in :)
Cost is the deciding factor in most of these cases. It costs a ton of money to build manufacturing plants that turn raw material into finished product. Tech is a great example of this. Companies like apple dont make the hardware that drives their phones. It's cheaper to have another company that specializes do it for you because they can do it cheaper. They can do it cheaper because they sell to everyone. That's why Apple and Samsung phones have many identical components. That's not to say that Polar Pro doesn't make their own. Who knows? But the practice of identical items being sold by different companies is very common.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead