DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Police showed up my house within 15 minutes of flight today

But it CAN detect others already but with a few minor tweaks it can dissect the data from them. As of now your comment is still correct. I suspect that won't be so in the very near future. DJI just went the "Easy Route" to provide proof of concept.
Can you reference any supportive data for that claim? Everything I can find through web searches still say it only works with most DJI aircraft.

Can you reference any supportive data for that claim? Everything I can find through web searches still say it only works with most DJI aircraft.

As the system works on frequencies used by all consumer/commercial drones the only tweak would be interpreting the content of the data packets.

Last edited:
Read again the features of VLOS. Nobody is suggesting that you need a 360 view. You must be able to see your drone and the area around it. Seems reasonable and safe to me and is observed by thousands of drone flyers.

Reactions: tiparoch and Stacy
Read again the features of VLOS. Nobody is suggesting that you need a 360 view. You must be able to see your drone and the area around it. Seems reasonable and safe to me and is observed by thousands of drone flyers.

The 360° view may not be called out specifically, but there is a good reason for needing it - situational awareness of other approaching air traffic.

The human eye with 2020 vision has a visual acuity of 1.75mm at 6 meters. With a cross section of 242mm, the mavic 2 pro can not be seen at anything farther than 829.7 meters or 2,722 feet even with perfect vision and completely clear atmospheric conditions. This is assuming that the drone is facing you or away from you. It is a bit longer than wider, so its possible to see it ever so slightly farther away if it's flying sideways.

Point being, if anyone is flying past 2722 feet, they are probably flying illegal with a m2p unless they have a larger drone like a phantom or inspire.

Myself, I never fly more than 1500ft. Better safe than sorry

I was just watching the home security video from when someone else answered the door at my house. These guys were running around and were all out looking for who is flying the drone. It was just ridiculous as this was before the parade.

They were acting like I just shot someone and were trying to find me. I have to work all day tomorrow so I can't post the video until probably this Tuesday on you tube.

This is probably the craziest police response to a drone you will see on you tube.

Consider filing a public records request to your city police department asking for:

1. Any record of contact between the (city PD) with (your name) on (date) at (location).

2. Any complaint received by the city or city PD relating to (your name) or the operation of any UAV in city limits on (date) or in the vicinity of (location).

3. Any record of any agreement between the city and any third party regarding the sale, rental or use of an Aeroscope or any other drone or UAV detection device.

4. Any record showing use of city funds to purchase, rent or use any drone or UAV detection device in city limits.

These public records requests can often be made online and often cost nothing. Yet, big penalties for public entity who wrongfully ignores or fails to respond.

Reactions: JS1600 and xspwhite

In it's current configuration yes only DJI. Back at a conference I was at in Cherokee NC (Public Safety Conference) one of the reps for a Security Firm said that AeroScope could already "See" any type of aircraft that has 2-way communication with a ground station but that DJI had not yet invested in translating the information etc from other manufacturers and they may end up leaving that to 3rd party vendors.

Looking at the link @2edgesword shared looks like that's exactly the route that is being "left open".

It maybe possible to barely see it as a tiny dot but the point is, you would not be to distinguish what it is nor be able to judge it's movements, so it would not satisfied VLOS rules
Unless you use auxiliary lighting like the ARC XLs.... certified at 3.5 miles.

Unless you use auxiliary lighting like the ARC XLs.... certified at 3.5 miles.

Certified?
It makes no difference anyway, the distance from one end to the other of an M2 means you have no chance of quickly gauging its attitude and controlling its trajectory at a mile even with different colours, people will of course claim that the RTH feature means that doesn't matter...they would also be missing the point.

One thing I notice in the Drone community is the tendancy to test the rules and at best try work to the minimum needed to meet them, at worst to flagrently dismiss them.
Very few operators seem to take a stand on actually showing responsibility and care beyond what the law says they absolutely have to (and of course will argue relentlessly over wording and intent)

I'm afraid heavy regulation has been brought about by irresponsible behaviour of a significant number of drone operators (I would say a majority from my experience)

He said probably post it Tuesday - he wants to blur out license plates IIRC.

Sometimes real life gets in the way of social media obligations. :)

Shocking and unreasonable! On-line Social Media IS LIFE!!!

So called "real life" is for sad losers who don't have social media accounts and are not in the important groups with the influencers and vloggers.
"face to face" interactions is a sad get-out for those who can't operate a smart phone like all woke people and proper humans.
Besides face to face spreads germs and causes cancer and homosexuality and communism and.... and....
does any one have a charger I am dyin....

Shocking and unreasonable! On-line Social Media IS LIFE!!!

So called "real life" is for sad losers who don't have social media accounts and are not in the important groups with the influencers and vloggers.
"face to face" interactions is a sad get-out for those who can't operate a smart phone like all woke people and proper humans.
Besides face to face spreads germs and causes cancer and homosexuality and communism and.... and....
does any one have a charger I am dyin....
Okay??? Calm down.

From inside a house? really? How do you achieve VLOS as you are supposed too according to regulations? If you want to fly drones from the comfort of the inside of your house, get a video game. Other wise YOU are the reason the authorities are turning their attention to drones.
Please stop breaking the law.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xyggi