DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poor range with Mavic Air 2

I'm looking in to range extenders for the MA2, I will post back if I find anything that's not $300!! I need it for urban flying as well, just as a safety net.

I'm looking in to range extenders for the MA2, I will post back if I find anything that's not $300!! I need it for urban flying as well, just as a safety net.
dont assume range extenders always work. they are just highly directional antennas, which can lose signal when you are not pointing straight at the drone... "in urban flying" whatever that means.

powered amplifiers, on the other hand, will make ANY situation better, at the expense of being illegal.

The alientech MA2 kit offers both, which is just slightly out of your budget....https://alienth.cn/products/alientech-5-8g-antenna-signal-booster-for-dji-drone-mavic-air-spark-phantom-4pro-inspire-2-m200-600?variant=32476591915083

I would go the amplified route first, and if you want to mod, it looks possible that you can actually now route the existing antenna cables to an external amplifier output and the external amplifier input can be routed to the remote control PCB outputs. this combo was not previously possible with Mavic air 1, pro1/2 etc. In other words you can possibly keep the existing extending antennas and then just add an amplifier.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_