DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poor video quality

vaarsn

Reactions
Doing my photos for a while with M2P. But I'm experiencing some problems with the video. Please check an example of my today's photo and just captured video frame. It's totally destroyed. Video was made in 4K HQ 30p, f5.6, 1/60, D-Log with some post in Premiere CC, no filters, in Tripod mode. It was almost golden hour time. Camera movement was in Tripod mode as smooth as possible. Could somebody tell me what exactly should I check?
vlcsnap-2019-07-11-22h31m45s745.jpgDJI_0752.jpg

Is this the footage from the SD-Card in your drone or is it the footage from the device used with the controler? If the last, then you don't have the "real" footage. It was a mistake I made with my first footage too.

After I finished my flight I've connected the drone to PC, transferred saved mp4 video to it, opened it in Premiere pro, did some post and uploaded to Youtube. I couldn't mix phone photo or video with the data from Mavic's SD card. In the meantime I'll post my video in true D-Log with no post editing. It looks sharp, but there is almost no moving scenes except of me.

so, second video actually has 2160p video quality setting. first one shows 1080p only, which is a first oddity. dunno what and how you did it - do you have access to the original unedited video from the drone? can you post that to youtube?

it is easier just to pull the sd card out and copy files directly.

I understand that video resolution of both videos is different. Since first one was cropped after post. Anyway I can post the original one video. You'll see blurry effect when camera rotates. Usually it's happening while night shooting and fast camera moving. But just compare the photo I've posted and video. Also at the button you can check another scene:
All the videos are uploaded directly from Mavic's MicroSD card

Last edited:
You can alter the gimbal settings to help smooth out panning movements. You can also set up an exponential rate for the yaw control which will also help. There are several tutorials for both on YouTube so I won't go into it here. Panning, whether on a drone or a tripod, regardless of camera, needs to be smooth and relatively slow or you get a lot of blurring and what looks like skipped frames. I had the same issue for the first flight or two, even though I knew of the issues from shooting ground based video, For some info on this, check out this link: https://www.red.com/red-101/camera-panning-speed
Try shooting the same shot but rotating at different speeds until you find what works for you. It does take a little practice to develop a feel for it. I hope that helps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman