DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pop Ups And Hacks

Lon Denard

Reactions
Anybody else gets pop ups and hacks on this forum? I get crazy pop ups and "reward center" hacks all the time.

Reactions: Projectrang
It just did it! Took three tries to reply because it takes over and runs me to some website!

Yep same as what I had, all works fine for me now but I did report it to the mods, may be worth flagging them up like what I did;)

Reactions: wsteele
I forget how I did it but I use Google Chrome and there is a setting that blocks the vermin. Google 'how to stop pop ups' and you will get plenty of results for whatever browser you're using.

I forget how I did it but I use Google Chrome and there is a setting that blocks the vermin. Google 'how to stop pop ups' and you will get plenty of results for whatever browser you're using.

Thanks

Anybody else gets pop ups and hacks on this forum?
I see them every couple of months. Fortunately, I know not to click on anything on those pages. Other members here might not have been so fortunate.

I use old version of Chrome on my very old Windows XP and have couple add blockers installed. Not sure which one works better but combination of two prevents any popups or hacks.1542288510021.png

I get them all the time on my phone. Sometimes I might not have issues for a week and then I’ll have page redirects multiple times in a 15 minute session. Really strange. I’ve wiped my browser cache, history, and phone cache to no avail. This is the only site it ever happens on too.

I see them every couple of months. Fortunately, I know not to click on anything on those pages. Other members here might not have been so fortunate.

There are no "clicks" involved, it just takes you to another destination. It only happens on mobile btw. Tablet or phone.

Im running with IOS, it didn’t stop until I reported it. Took a few days but now I’m clean, no pop up adds. It was driving me up the wall....

Reactions: wsteele
Its not the site, its the ads on the sites you visit doing it- erase all your cookies and it ahould go away.

I've never visited an ad from this site. Especially not a Walmart Rewards Center site. However, that's good advice, thanks.

I've never visited an ad from this site. Especially not a Walmart Rewards Center site. However, that's good advice, thanks.
You dont have to visit the ad wesites themselves, the ads all run JavaScript on our browsers and some of their code is bad in that it is written to cause a redirect or window to open it to another site. They are called “pop-up”, “Takeover” or “Redirect Ads” and are all over the web, even on reputable websites that run sponsor ads- you know the ones, they move or do fancy scrolling while you are browsing a page, then all of a sudden a new window pops up saying you won or some other stupid click bait like that. I started using Chrome again to browse websites as Safari seems more susceptible recently to them. It used to be the other way around, but Google has been working on blocking them more lately.

Wired has a good article about them:

Pop-Up Mobile Ads Surge as Sites Scramble to Stop Them

Last edited:
There are no "clicks" involved, it just takes you to another destination
Right. I'm referring to clicking on things in the pages that automatically open. That's when the real trouble starts...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM