DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Position Indicator Blue Arrow On SC With 12/2020 Update?

link2dks

Reactions
MA2 using FLY on SC. SC, AC and all updated with current software and firmware. AC & SC compasses recalibrated after updates as well as IMU.

I initially thought the blue arrow on the RC icon pointed where the SC was facing, not so. Does anyone know what this is supposed to be pointing at?

If I rotate the SC the blue arrow on the RC icon will move around the perimeter of the circle. Is this another position indicator error similar to the previous version on the SC?

Screenshot_20201230-145804.jpeg

Thanks for any input.
Dave S

it is showing the position of the RC ,and i believe , its direction based on where it is in relation to where magnetic north is ,if you are right next to the home point then it is hidden by the yellow home point icon

it is showing the position of the RC ,and i believe , its direction based on where it is in relation to where magnetic north is ,if you are right next to the home point then it is hidden by the yellow home point icon

It is showing the position of the RC which I was able to demonstrate by changing my position. The arrow seems to be pointing to about 130 degrees. I'm in the northern hemisphere and my magnetic declination is only 7 degrees.

Dave S

Reactions: old man mavic
Mine does not consistently mimic the position of my RC! Sometimes its the same, sometimes not. Doesn't tell me anything useful anyway so I just don't use it.

Mine does not consistently mimic the position of my RC! Sometimes its the same, sometimes not. Doesn't tell me anything useful anyway so I just don't use it.
Try a compass calibration and then check again. It may solve the discrepancy

Reactions: DanMan32
Its a known issue, calibration of any kind will not work and has nothing to do with interference . Some people have this problem even after updating. its not SC specific, IOS devices have it too. It's there long before dji fly ver. 1.0.8. There is no solution so far.
To best describe it: The orientation is off 90°

That's probably why DJI changed to the attitude indicator that focuses on orientation related to AC; to move attention away from the pilot compass issues.

Its a known issue, calibration of any kind will not work and has nothing to do with interference . Some people have this problem even after updating. its not SC specific, IOS devices have it too. It's there long before dji fly ver. 1.0.8. There is no solution so far.
To best describe it: The orientation is off 90°
My apologies. I was not referring to the SC and calibration.

I am not using an SC and calibration works if I am using my IOS or Android phone for the Fly App.

DJI should correct this for the SC.

Does anyone know what the green triangle in front of the drone symbol is displaying?
I think it indicates the presumed camera field of view. On my next flight I hope to test that by hovering the drone and rotating the gimbal sideways to see if the orientation of the green field changes in relation to the blue triangle (drone).

Howard

I think it indicates the presumed camera field of view. On my next flight I hope to test that by hovering the drone and rotating the gimbal sideways to see if the orientation of the green field changes in relation to the blue triangle (drone).

Howard
I was able to test it today and you are correct. It appears to represent the camera field of view or gimble position.

Reactions: Howard70
I was able to test it today and you are correct. It appears to represent the camera field of view or gimble position.
Thanks! I'd hoped to fly today but took a 60 mile bicycle ride instead (someone with better lungs could do both....).

Howard

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki