DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Possible Incompatibility with DJI Mavic Air 2 ?

realvue

Reactions
So, I went to fly this morning with my new mount and iPad Pro for the first time. I got ready to fly, and could not connect the RC to my iPad.

I am able to connect with my phone just fine, but the iPad acts like I am just plugging into a USB-C cable that is not connected to anything. No connection chime, no nothing.

I tried several cables. Nothing seems to work. Gonna pull my iPad Mini out of storage and get everything updated. Maybe it will work with it?

Man the person who helped me from DJI was HORRIBLE. Very rude. Very NOT helpful.

So, I'm not sure why this doesn't want to work. If anyone else has an iPad Pro, 11 inch, 2nd Generation. iPad OS 14.3 and can connect it just fine, I'd appreciate a shout out.

【product SN】: 3N3BH920XXXXXX
【aircraft firmware version】: v01.01.0610
【controller firmware version】: v02.00.1200
【mobile device model】: iPad Pro, 11 inch, 2nd Generation. iPad OS 14.3
【App version】: 1.3.0(437)
【video/pic of the problem/issue】: 【description】: Ipdad will not connect to RC

Correct. Although I did try connecting to both when the top port did not seem to work. Either way, no success.

Try another cable. Start at the weakest point.Also nake
sure that’s the only cable plugged in.

Yes. As I posted that was my first course of action. I have tried five different cables without success.

Reactions: dirkclod
I got my 12.9 (4th gen) to connect after like 3 different cables, but when I use my phone it work flawless. I don’t know if this is any issue with DJI or what it could be

It must have something to do with the USB-C connection. I am now using my iPad Mini 4 with lightning connection. Works just as good as the phone. But... my son is using the exact same iPad with his Mini and the older controller with no issues.

Why iPad pro would not work with mine either. Never found out why. I assumed it had to do with it not being a cellular equipped iPad. Who knows.
Being cellular-equipped makes no difference to usability.
There are plenty of flyers reportiig using that device here:

Look here for tips to configure it to run properly:

Why iPad pro would not work with mine either. Never found out why. I assumed it had to do with it not being a cellular equipped iPad. Who knows.

Nah, because the iPad Mini I’m using in its place doesn’t have cellular either. I really think it’s the USB-C connection.

Being cellular or not makes no difference at all. Sounds like it needs
configuring or replacement.

Even though it is too short to use while your iPad Pro is in the mount, try connecting with the USB-C to USB-C cable that came with your MA2. When connecting to the controller, make sure that you are using the RIGHT HAND PORT as you are facing the ‘Stick Side” of the controller - the LEFT slot is just an empty hole. Also make sure that the wire on the controller connector is exiting to the right as well.if it still doesn‘t connect, try flipping one or both USB-C connectors 180º.

So, I went to fly this morning with my new mount and iPad Pro for the first time. I got ready to fly, and could not connect the RC to my iPad.

I am able to connect with my phone just fine, but the iPad acts like I am just plugging into a USB-C cable that is not connected to anything. No connection chime, no nothing.

I tried several cables. Nothing seems to work. Gonna pull my iPad Mini out of storage and get everything updated. Maybe it will work with it?

Man the person who helped me from DJI was HORRIBLE. Very rude. Very NOT helpful.

So, I'm not sure why this doesn't want to work. If anyone else has an iPad Pro, 11 inch, 2nd Generation. iPad OS 14.3 and can connect it just fine, I'd appreciate a shout out.

I've been using an iPad for years. Love the big screen. Did you install the DJI Go4 app for Mavic 2 Pro or the appropriate app for the model drone you are using? Maybe uninstall it and re-install it. Re-boot it. That sort of thing. Be sure both ends are plugged in. e.g.: lightning to the iPad, and USB to the controller. Skyreat-holder-side viewe.jpgSkyreatHolder-1-.jpg

Even though it is too short to use while your iPad Pro is in the mount, try connecting with the USB-C to USB-C cable that came with your MA2. When connecting to the controller, make sure that you are using the RIGHT HAND PORT as you are facing the ‘Stick Side” of the controller - the LEFT slot is just an empty hole. Also make sure that the wire on the controller connector is exiting to the right as well.if it still doesn‘t connect, try flipping one or both USB-C connectors 180º.
BrokenAero you're bang on as I have the same iPad Pro and just tried the regular USB-C cable and it didn't work but the one that came with the Air 2 works fine. If I want to use the iPad I'll have to get the proper cable from DJI and I remember reading or seeing it on YouTube that the regular Apple cable won't work.

I'll have to get the proper cable from DJI and I remember reading or seeing it on YouTube that the regular Apple cable won't work.

I use this one with my 11” iPad Pro 2020:

Hanatora 11.8 Inch USB C to USB C Remote Controller Cable for DJI Mini 2/Mavic Air 2

I use this one with my 10.5” iPad Pro 2018

Hanatora 11.8 Inch USB C to iOS Nylon Braided Remote Controller Cable for DJI Mini 2/Mavic Air 2

[Edit] They also offer the 11.8” cable with Lightning, and USB Mini connectors.

Last edited:
Reactions: tlswift58
BrokenAero you're bang on as I have the same iPad Pro and just tried the regular USB-C cable and it didn't work but the one that came with the Air 2 works fine. If I want to use the iPad I'll have to get the proper cable from DJI and I remember reading or seeing it on YouTube that the regular Apple cable won't work.
I believe I've seen somewhere that there are 2 types of cables, charging and data. As I recall, the data ones are more pricey but for some reason the cables are finicky to whether your using one or the other with the app.

Here is a screen shot off of my iPad 11” Pro (2nd Gen, 2018). The iPad is running IOS 14.4.1. The system synced without any issues!(Other than a dark screen being indoors)

Attachments

• 9985B4DE-EE7D-4EC2-B073-19CC20FB9BE0.jpeg
    9985B4DE-EE7D-4EC2-B073-19CC20FB9BE0.jpeg
    681.2 KB · Views: 23
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven