DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Post flight video editing; how many do it?

Do you edit your videos that you shoot with your drone?

• Total voters

Former Member

Reactions
After reading a post from a member last night about how easy it is to add an amazing title to your videos, Im wondering how many members actually do any editing at all to their videos after they fly? Im guilty of doing maybe 1 out of 100 flights, and am lazy to do any compilations of past footage. How many of you take the time to edit your videos and what type of editing do you do?

I have little time to fly and edit videos.
when I can,I edit the video with davinci resolve. I'm not an expert, I followed a quick course on youtube. When I post a video I want the right music and I like the result. Doing so,I make a few videos, but what I do satisfies me.
After reading a post from a member last night about how easy it is to add an amazing title to your videos, Im wondering how many members actually do any editing at all to their videos after they fly? Im guilty of doing maybe 1 out of 100 flights, and am lazy to do any compilations of past footage. How many of you take the time to edit your videos and what type of editing do you do?

I have little time to fly and edit videos.
when I can,I edit the video with davinci resolve. I'm not an expert, I followed a quick course on youtube. When I post a video I want the right music and I like the result. Doing so,I make a few videos, but what I do satisfies me.

I think most people feel the same, no time to do it. DO you happen to have a link to the Resolve quick video?

I look at my DJI P4 and MPP as tools for aerial photography. To me there are 3 parts to drone photography.
1. The flying
2. The photography/videography
3. The editing

After 2 years of flying I’d say I still pretty much suck at all three. At least in terms of where I’d like to be. It’s a constant learning process but each flight I try to learn or get better at one of the 3 parts.

Flying is easy to learn but hard to master. Being really smooth on the controls. Capturing the subject matter from just the right perspective. Being able to tell the story while keeping the flight interesting. And the list goes on.

Photography/ videography has so much to learn no matter from the air, the ground, or under water. It’s an art. And while I’m no artist, I really enjoy the learning process.

Finally the editing. This is where it all comes together. To me it’s just as much of an art as the photography and as such requires skills and knowledge. Both of which I’m sadly lacking but constantly trying to learn.

To me it’s all fun. Each and every one of the 3 parts. If I took away one part like editing, it would diminish the enjoyment of the other 2. I really enjoy watching other drone pilots pictures and videos. I learn from them all.

Personally, I seem to be quite the opposite from you guys. I almost aways fly with an intent of the video being posted on the internet. Therefore, I don't fly too often, but when I do, I make it count.

So yes, I edit my videos. I like to put in some ground footage as well to mix things up. I think I'm a better editor than drone pilot at this moment, but you can see for yourself:

Personally, I seem to be quite the opposite from you guys. I almost aways fly with an intent of the video being posted on the internet. Therefore, I don't fly too often, but when I do, I make it count.

So yes, I edit my videos. I like to put in some ground footage as well to mix things up. I think I'm a better editor than drone pilot at this moment, but you can see for yourself:

Very nicely done! That’s the level of editing I’m trying to get to. It all smoothly flows together, tells a story, shows great shots from different perspectives, etc, etc. Not that I’m a critic, but I love Mavicpilots for things like this. There so much to learn from!

Very nicely done! That’s the level of editing I’m trying to get to. It all smoothly flows together, tells a story, shows great shots from different perspectives, etc, etc. Not that I’m a critic, but I love Mavicpilots for things like this. There so much to learn from!
Thanks a lot! Really appreciate it [emoji4][emoji120]

I don’t edit all my photos/videos but I edit everything I’m going to show others. For me the original content is just something raw. If someone is willing to spend her/his time watching my content I think it’s just fair to present the best I’m able to do in a reasonable amount of time. For me the editing process is also fun and exciting.

Greetings
Jürgen

Nice! I found myself longing for a ski lift!

Very well put.

I have likely done post processing on every video I have taken. I have most of my work available on Black Box or other sites available for purchase so I am going for the best possible results. Also, I find that adding any movement in the shot is much easier in editing than trying to do the same thing in flight.

Also, any of my work that I post on YouTube, I will add a watermark or title. This is mostly to eliminate someone from "borrowing" the work.

I have not done much with music as end users don't want it. Also, the few times I have done it, have run into copyright issues if posted on YouTube.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan