DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Potential Low-Noise Prop issue when used on Mavic Pro

onionman1

Reactions
I shot some test video the other day with the low-noise props on my Mavic Pro. Flying wise and control wise, I thought they did great and they certainly were less noisy. But in two short parts of one of my videos - when the drone was moving at fairly high-speed - I swear I can see a part of the propeller spinning in view in the far upper-left part of the screen in the video (top-left prop). It's only in two short parts, but it's there for several seconds each time. Has anyone else had this? Clearly a big deal for video especially if it happens very frequently.

That's not JUST with LNP. In aggressive/exteme modes you'll get glimpses of the props now and again. This happens with any props.

Reactions: onionman1
That's not JUST with LNP. In aggressive/exteme modes you'll get glimpses of the props now and again. This happens with any props.
Okay great to know and thanks for the reply! I'm glad it's not a frequent thing. Hadn't seen it yet with my normal props but it could be easy to miss at times too.

Reactions: LaaLaa and BigAl07
Okay great to know and thanks for the reply! I'm glad it's not a frequent thing. Hadn't seen it yet with my normal props but it could be easy to miss at times too.

I've had to "cut" portions of some VERY nice videos over the years because of this. With each generation of aircraft it seems to get better but in high wind, hard turns, aggressive climbs etc you'll occasionally get a shadow/glimpse of the props.

Props in the frame (video or photo) are a huge pet peeve of mine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21