DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Just like this guy did. I said something to him about it, because in the auction he never said that he had flown it, but in the youtube video, he obviously did in fact fly it. After that, he changed the first photo that originally showed his desk, mug, same desktop background on both monitors, and everything that was the same as the youtube video. I even posted it on his youtube video, and on the ebay listing. The scam artist changed the picture. I wish I could find the buyer to inform them of how to find out if it was flown as he advertised falsely. But the buyer probably doesn't care, they just care that they have one, despite paying so much for one. I should have taken a screenshot of the original listing.

Original listing DJI mavic Pro In hand Ready To Ship! | eBay

second listing DJI mavic Pro In hand Ready To Ship! | eBay

Children like this are just completely

And now the price is $2100. WTF?!? I hope he's not a member on here.

Well I've had two offers to buy my Mavic for $1500. Knowing that I've flown it.

I'm tempted to pull the trigger... that's hard to ignore!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
They know it has been flown. That is different than what I am saying. He is falsely advertising in his auction. He has it listed as new (other). When it is in fact USED. That's not a good person at all to me. But I'm sure this happens all the time. I bet the kid still won't even pay his parent's any rent money either.

Reactions: Zeroescence
I have mine right here as well. Fly more kit. Still sealed from FedEx dropping an hour ago. I have my phantom so I am in no rush.

Just make sure you take cash only otherwise, you're likely looking at a PayPal chargeback once their order arrives.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeroescence
Yeah, I'm beginning to think DJI has pulled a rope-a-dope with us on the shipping thing. Normally, when a product is released, they have a stockpile of finished goods ready to ship on day one but it kind of looks like DJI is only now starting to do volume production and the volumes aren't too high at the moment. Assuming a product cycle of, say, 500 days and that over that period they will sell, say, 1,000,000 Mavic Pro's then that works out to 2000/day, but since the bulk of the sales is going to be in the first 100 days you would expect the production rate to be more like 10,000/day or at least 5000/day. That does not appear to be the case.

I'd expected to see a bunch more videos on youtube by now by the fact that there appears to be fewer than I'd expected tells me the total number of units that have been shipped are way below expectation. This isn't an issue with demand being high -- this is an issue of low production.

So, that being the case, we may well be looking at December or even next year to see orders already placed being filled. What's worse, there may well be pressure from retailers to provide units for there showrooms, particularly with the Christmas season breathing down there necks, and if DJI diverts production to provide showroom stock that will further delay getting units to people that have already ordered.

DJI has really dropped there pants on this one...

Brian

Reactions: Dirty Bird
Placed my order thru Amazon by Drone World sold by Koozam sounds confusing but that is how it is listed on my order lol Order placed on 10/1/16 and ship date has not changed since i ordered it but it is set for 11/4-11/22 delivery. No charges yet on the card.

Reactions: raberrio
my apologies for posting pics. i was on the other end a day ago. at least we didnt pre-purchase a lily drone in 2015 and have yet to receive it.

Lily has integrity at least. I pre-purchased their drone in May 2015 and finally asked for a refund last month. In 3 days the full amount was back in my account. No issue at all there. Sure it's supposedly waterproof and my price was only $500 but it's worse than Mavic Pro in every other way. They have been very up front with progress (daily engineering blog posts etc) - not like DJI.

On waiting for my Mavic Pro, I was ok with getting it a little later than promised. I'd rather do that than have DJI cut corners. I have a P4 to fly in the meantime anyway. I would've preferred they didn't charge the full amount until they shipped though. Can't wait to fly next Wednesday!

Screenshot_20161028_144954.png
Newegg -so i guess i just got the shipping info earlier (tracking label created the 26, registered with fedex the 27, actually shipped the 28), but it looks like everyone in this batch (for newegg) gets it monday or tuesday basically. Go go go little fedex plane ;-)

So if I ordered one today, realistically when would these probably be arriving?

Hopefully before the US government puts a restriction on the sale or flying of these drones due to the fact that a million of them will up flying in the sky.
will only take one lunatic to bring all attention to the drone industry.

I ordered the fly more combo and it's finally getting shipped. Preordered the first day from Amazon via DJI official store. I was bugging Amazon and DJI about a ship date finally sent me one. Should be here on Tuesday. Can't wait to fly this thing!
6909928dd030181154cf173e74c9ff41.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Placed my order thru Amazon by Drone World sold by Koozam sounds confusing but that is how it is listed on my order lol Order placed on 10/1/16 and ship date has not changed since i ordered it but it is set for 11/4-11/22 delivery. No charges yet on the card.

I did the same, but through Amazon. My delivery date is between 11/2 and 11/14. I just chatted with the on their web site. The person told me they are hoping (goes as expected), they will ship 11/7. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Smallz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa