DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-Order & Shipping Thread

And I've read that the motor hasn't been altered, just the ESC, but if you're new to drones, no one has defined just what exactly that is. Is it different hardware? Is it something the Pro could see through a firmware update?

No, the new ESC's in the MPP represent new hardware. I believe the motors are the same but the physical ESC is different and is likely responsible for the majority of the 3 minute increase in flight time along with most of the apparent noise reduction.

That is correct, due to the addition of the new FOC ESC along with the propellers that is basically the only hardware change and the 1080p60fps fix for the camera. Apparently on their website they indicate that the new drivers offer a sinusoidal current that makes the drone more stable as well in flight, however the only way to confirm this would be to receive the unit and test it out. It would be interesting for someone to actually show us the wave graph comparison with an oscilloscope from the MP and the MPP once we receive the units so we can really see the difference in the graph. But as for hardware changes the motor and receiver units are the exact same as the MP the only new hardware is the new ESC driver.

Manual-ESC-by-ESC-Calibration.jpg

Reactions: drakkor
Re: Battery type...

Here's the official reply from DJI today Sept 29th...

Quote:"We understand that you want to know if the 50% discount for the Intelligent Flight battery. Will be for the Grey or Platinum color. And just to let you know that it will be for the Intelligent flight battery (Platinum color) for your purchase with it will be 50% discount using your coupon code".

So the DJI website has the Mavic Platinum batteries listed for ordering and shipping 10-15 business days from payment, I think those are going to take even longer than the drones to get out though, just more of the same from them. Whats worse though is apparently when they said the coupon code they gave was for "Mavic Intelligent Flight Battery" they meant exactly that, that's pretty cheap in my opinion. They're token of appreciation is even pretty awful, everyone's supposed to buy the wrong color batteries and help them clear out their stock just for their $45 discount on $1200 of product that's a month late. They really need some competition.
Actually this is not correct. The coupon code also applies to the new Mavic platinum batteries. I JUST ordered 2 of those and was able to use the coupon code with any troubles as you can see here: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Actually this is not correct. The coupon code also applies to the new Mavic platinum batteries. I JUST ordered 2 of those and was able to use the coupon code with any troubles as you can see here: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Ok, that's good. The site definitely said the coupon wasn't valid on the item when I tried last night, and when I emailed DJI they just told me that they work on both and didn't even directly answer my question of it was supposed to work on platinum. I just tried again though and it worked, thanks I wouldn't have realized it works otherwise.

Canceling the order tonight as of 0000 EST.

What do you guys think? 10,000 pre-orders easy?

10,000 x $1099 = $10,990,000

That’s 10 million dollars of our hard earned money that DJI has just been holding onto without sending us the product on time. Slick...

Canceling the order tonight as of 0000 EST.

What do you guys think? 10,000 pre-orders easy?

10,000 x $1099 = $10,990,000

That’s 10 million dollars of our hard earned money that DJI has just been holding onto without sending us the product on time. Slick...

I think this is par for the course for DJI. I wouldn’t be too surprised.

This has been the gripe about DJI forever. They take the money and send you your stuff later.

I don’t understand the being surprised by this.

It is an absurdity what DJI is doing with its customers. I am another one that was misled by DJI shipping date on Mavic Platinum. So much credibility is lost by doing such a terrible planning job! I do not want a 50% discount battery, I want a company that is serious about its customers! I will give a few more days and then cancel my order.

Dji has already sent me the batteries for Mavic Platinum. Hopefully they will soon send the drone...

Reactions: jimmiem
I used the DJI recommended financing through Affirm when I placed my pre-order on Sept 8 and I received en email with this message today:

Your loan confirmation
James – DJI Pay has processed your order, and your Affirm loan has been confirmed!
We'll keep in touch with email and SMS payment reminders, and you can access your account at affirm.com/u.

Last edited:
Got my delivery date for this Tuesday for platinum battery’s did not say when mavic would be shipped tho, and just before I got delivery date I told them I was going to cancel my order on the 13th if I had not received a shipping date for the drone they said they will get back to me soon, so will keep you all posted.

I got an email today, "Your DJI order has shipped!" The clouds parted, the sun shone through and angels sang their heavenly song.

I opened the email with glee.....only to be reminded that I'd taken them up on the battery coupon and that was what had shipped today.

tumblr_lgg2jxzvbt1qh5iszo1_400.gif

This is just my opinion.
I checked this thread to see if anyone got any information different than I received or had a confirmed shipment.

Maybe it's just me, but the delay in receiving a drone because of a delay in production pales in comparison to the other problems and issues that bedevil others and their problems.

I am one of many who ordered the drone after the release was announced. I received the delayed notice and the coupon. And, considering the problems and devastation from hurricanes, earthquakes, and flooding, my delay is annoying but not life shattering.

Yes, I would like my drone when shipment was promised. But, this is not a personal affront that affects only Drakkor. It affects every pre order and clearly was not intentional.

So, enjoy the day, and accept the fact that items will be delayed and shipments will go undelivered. Do your diligence to ascertain they are aware of your order. Public angst will gain you little sympathy for me.

This thread is to update others if there is shipment information. I do not need a forum for expressing feigned anguish.

So you agree that on the day it was due to ship that you would (on the very day) then notified your customers that waited until it was supposedly in stock to order that you can’t deliver. And that you can’t even forecast when it will be available? My problem was the timing. Logisticaly, DJI had to know they were not going to deliver as promised days in advance and should have notified their customers as soon as possible. Would that change things? Yes, for me I would have managed my availability differently.

So after having a chat with the DJI representative today they have confirmed a change in the shipping date for the MPP, they did not provide a specific date again just revised by stating "it will be shipped on or before the second week of October" Initially I was told October 24th would be when it will be shipped. So some good news there hopefully we might not have to wait until mid-late October after all.

Reactions: jimmiem
Cancelled my order. Not even upset about it to be honest, just going to continue flying my P4 and use the $1600 I spent on Goggles and MPP on something else once the refund goes through. I’m not cool with them borrowing my money for an extra month and not shipping me the product on time.

Reactions: philh24 and Josema
It makes one wonder who is receiving these first batches of product. And what is the corporate policy on who gets product first...Big box store? Other countries? I'm thinking previous registered customers of drones. Customer loyalty should be #1.

Reactions: RPSMavicPlatinum
It makes one wonder who is receiving these first batches of product. And what is the corporate policy on who gets product first...Big box store? Other countries? I'm thinking previous registered customers of drones. Customer loyalty should be #1.

Loyalty ?
Quick story. I was a Microsoft Dealer/Bata Tester when Windows 95 was coming out. When that junk shipped, our order was backordered!! BUT Office Depot back then had the product and sold it on opening release day. We were a Dealer so All FOUR lines were Jammed trying to help people. Now get this. The Last Beta Test we had was not even Close to what shipped. We used the Fax line to try to get to Microsoft which was fruitless. No help. After that point, I told Best Buy and Office Depot customers to Call the Seller, we were No longer a dealer.
So, Loyalty is only for the $Buck$.
Quality Control guys are the first ones to get fired or a layoff it seems.

Me, I am not going to put my money in Their bank waiting for them to ship when they are ready.
I think I remember a Large batch of the Mavic Pros had a issues as they got rushed out the door around Christmas. Again, the Quality Control person might not be doing his or her job.

Looking for a possible alternative.

I’m going to cancel my order if it doesn’t ship by the end of the week. These shenanigans are a huge turn off and as much as I want it, I’m pretty disgusted by the customer service. The order has been paid for over 3 weeks now and they wait until the day of to tell me that it won’t ship today. Who does that?
I ordered some of the new props and got a message that they were in stock, so I ordered them and a wek later I get shipping will be in 15 or 20 days. is that a kick in the butt or what.

Loyalty ?
Quick story. I was a Microsoft Dealer/Bata Tester when Windows 95 was coming out. When that junk shipped, our order was backordered!! BUT Office Depot back then had the product and sold it on opening release day. We were a Dealer so All FOUR lines were Jammed trying to help people. Now get this. The Last Beta Test we had was not even Close to what shipped. We used the Fax line to try to get to Microsoft which was fruitless. No help. After that point, I told Best Buy and Office Depot customers to Call the Seller, we were No longer a dealer.
So, Loyalty is only for the $Buck$.
Quality Control guys are the first ones to get fired or a layoff it seems.

Me, I am not going to put my money in Their bank waiting for them to ship when they are ready.
I think I remember a Large batch of the Mavic Pros had a issues as they got rushed out the door around Christmas. Again, the Quality Control person might not be doing his or her job.

Looking for a possible alternative.
your absolutely right. why put your hard earned money in their pockets to collect on, nothing but deep pockets and empty promises.

I'm not sure if they are professional enough to ship the orders as the order book dates show....certainly there's a waiting game but sure what can we do....only wait patiently & hope Platinum item will arrive before the Christmas Holidays. I notice on some of the Drone Sites especially here in Ireland & perhaps UK there is NO pre-ordering facility where as previously with the intro of the Mavic Pro all Drone on-line sites were offering pre-orders.....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661