DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-Order & Shipping Thread

My buddy was told by customer support that his MPP is currently being scanned at the warehouse to go out for shipment. Who here believes that?
They charged my credit card recently for the full amount (they just authorized the card at pre-order but never charged it). So may be they are getting ready to ship now ?...

I ordered and have received the MPP battery @50%off ... I'm happy to get that and hopefully the MPP drone will ship soon.
I have received already my spare propellers set and tomorrow I am supposed to receive 2 batteries which I got discounted (didn't ordered the fly more combo which I don't think was a good value). Let's hope the drone will come soon after that now ! :D

Here is my recent chat transcript with DJI this morning. I will let you interpret. However, I haven’t seen YouTube blow up with all the US owners who have the Mavic Pro Platinum.

cc6bc33517632cb90fe866028fb2d9bf.jpg

I got mid October, end of this week.

I almost feel like we should start a shipping pool....

Attachments

• DJI_Chat.png
    DJI_Chat.png
    82 KB · Views: 42
They stated October 23rd it will be shipped and to allow 3-4 business days and I ordered on Sept 10th....That is from the DJI chat reps just as I had confirmed earlier as well. I doubt anyone asides from some beta testers have actually received the MPP yet..If you check on youtube the guys who do the drone reviews nobody has done a video review or anything yet for the platinum and those guys typically receive the first batch units as well. The only videos I have seen so far are from a Chinese youtuber who does a noise test on the platinum and is probably a beta tester. But in all honesty I would not trust what the DJI chat reps state at all since they have been telling me different stories every week. What I think is happening is that DJI has shipped the units to local DJI warehouses across the States and have been advised to hold onto them until authorized to ship as it would be impossible for delivery to arrive within 3-4 business days if it was coming directly from China, they usually ship from within the States.

Last edited:
Reactions: drakkor
They stated October 23rd it will be shipped and to allow 3-4 business days and I ordered on Sept 10th....That is from the DJI chat reps just as I had confirmed earlier as well. I doubt anyone asides from some beta testers have actually received the MPP yet..If you check on youtube the guys who do the drone reviews nobody has done a video review or anything yet for the platinum and those guys typically receive the first batch units as well. The only videos I have seen so far are from a Chinese youtuber who does a noise test on the platinum and is probably a beta tester. But in all honesty I would not trust what the DJI chat reps state at all since they have been telling me different stories every week. What I think is happening is that DJI has shipped the units to local DJI warehouses across the States and have been advised to hold onto them until authorized to ship as it would be impossible for delivery to arrive within 3-4 business days if it was coming directly from China, they usually ship from within the States.

Where did you put your order in? I’m debating to wait until DJI puts it on their site or order through another authorized dealer. Some say that the big authorized dealers often get the products before Dji.

Hahaha!! I think they give fake names to their DJI chat reps since their Chinese names would be difficult for us to even look at. And I ordered mine directly off the DJI website when they had their pre-orders active beginning of September. The authorized DJI dealers in the States and Canada have to wait until DJI gives them the clear to go ahead and ship so until then they just store them in their warehouses.

I agree. I scan each days YouTube for any unboxing MPP video and so far only the video from that Chinese youtuber who does a noise test on the platinum show up, along with some other fakes one just showing a FOV video without showing the drone itself. I have ordered mine on Sept 4th, and still haven't received any shipping update email yet.

Well, end of October will not work for me. I have a trip to Florida on Oct 24th and was planing on taking the MPP with me. Even if it ship next week I don't think it will be here on time for that trip. So I went ahead and bought a regular Mavic Pro today. That way I can have a drone for the trip, and then I can sell this drone on eBay when I am back in mid-November, and keep the MPP which should be (hopefully) there by then. :)

Reactions: ccollinscj
I agree. I scan each days YouTube for any unboxing MPP video and so far only the video from that Chinese youtuber who does a noise test on the platinum show up, along with some other fakes one just showing a FOV video without showing the drone itself. I have ordered mine on Sept 4th, and still haven't received any shipping update email yet.

What about this guy?

Reactions: butterflyslicer
I preordered an MPP with Best Buy today and while they don’t know shipping times I’ll update this thread when mine is on the way. I’m a beginner and super excited to get started in this new hobby.

I ordered by MPP Combo pack from BH Photo Video on Sept 4th. Order status has not changed yet. They have been closed for a number of Jewish holidays but am expecting some response to an email order inquiry soon. Will post when I my order details change/hear from them.

I preordered the MPP yesterday from Best Buy and I am seeing a Nov 5 get by date. Might cancel since I also ordered a Refurb Mavic from DJI today and most don't think their will be significant difference between the two.

Attachments

• platinum.pdf
    33.3 KB · Views: 11
So basically the people who ordered off the DJI website in early September will most likely receive the first batch of the drones during the week of October 23rd. The bestbuy website here in Toronto has started taking pre-orders as well but the release date is November 23rd, 2017 so a month after the expected shipping date for the pre-orders taken through the DJI website.

upload_2017-10-10_23-56-41.png

Just got confirmation from an authorised reseller : they were just informed delivery is set for week of the 13th of November.

Reactions: fozza
Just got confirmation from an authorised reseller : they were just informed delivery is set for week of the 13th of November.
Does the reseller drop-ship from DJI, or do they warehouse it first?

My wife ordered mine from Amazon last night 10/10 on pre-order. We just returned my MP two weeks ago because of a defect, but I loved it and can't wait to fly again!

Reactions: fozza
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt