DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Precision landing update?

Rogerlin

Reactions
Hi,

I updated my M2 zoom recently, plus batteries and controller and app all hard wired, but the precision landing isn’t that precise, it’s not bad but hardly any better than pre update.

I am probably expecting too much and RTH is always just a bit of a safety net for me but I would be interested how others have got on with this.

Cheers..

Reactions: mereflyer
Record Home point . Fly up to 10 meters pause. Then lift off is what I have read here that will allow the precision landing to capture a better view of the area to be landed upon.

Hi,

I updated my M2 zoom recently, plus batteries and controller and app all hard wired, but the precision landing isn’t that precise, it’s not bad but hardly any better than pre update.

I am probably expecting too much and RTH is always just a bit of a safety net for me but I would be interested how others have got on with this.

Cheers..

Then it's not doing precision landing. Are you meeting the requirements in the manual for precision landing to operate (vertical takeoff to at least 7 m altitude), and is it giving you the onscreen precision landing notification when it starts to descend?

That may be the problem, I set the home point and just carry out a ‘stick’ take off, I’ve not seen the onscreen notification so I’ll try a higher hover....thanks....trouble is the weather is too bad here in The UK currently...frustrating.

There's no need to hover. Just make sure you ascend straight up for at least 7 meters before moving in any direction horizontally.

Thanks for the advice, appreciated, I’ll report back when the wind, rain and snow subsides...

Thanks for the advice, appreciated, I’ll report back when the wind, rain and snow subsides...
Hey - this is England my friend ... Looks like we'll be reading manuals and watching YouTube vid's for a week or so before we get out for an Xmas flight!

Reactions: WAXMAN
Hey - this is England my friend ... Looks like we'll be reading manuals and watching YouTube vid's for a week or so before we get out for an Xmas flight!
weather here is not good at the moment i agree with you plenty of computer time coming up ps and forum time as well

Why do we do that.....I’m a very social person but can’t get enough of these guys who give us such great info on their channels...I watched one today on flight modes...hyperlapse...what was my problem......praying for the wind to subside!!

Thanks for the tip on how to get precision landing. I was taking off and flying out. Didn’t let it go straight up to 20-30 feet before doing so and when I did a rth it was off by about 7 feet. Thank you

Thanks for the tip on how to get precision landing. I was taking off and flying out. Didn’t let it go straight up to 20-30 feet before doing so and when I did a rth it was off by about 7 feet. Thank you

It was my 1st time doing this I normally manual land but as it’s so accurate I think I’ll land this way all the time;)

It was my 1st time doing this I normally manual land but as it’s so accurate I think I’ll land this way all the time;)
now son thats just lazy

Reactions: Porky
I know but I can now hit the RTH button & go have a cup of coffee while it’s doing it’s thing;);)
you are so funny but i like it

Reactions: Porky
Hi,

Sadly I`ve been a little reluctant to fly in my local park (Sutton Coldfield) due to the fiasco going on at Gatwick, and the reaction of some ill informed, under educated individuals, but hopefully things will soon blow over and their limited brain function will default back to maintaining basic bodilly functions only.

The vertical TO seems to be the key so I`m keen to give it a go, thanks for all the advice chaps!!

Hi,

Sadly I`ve been a little reluctant to fly in my local park (Sutton Coldfield) due to the fiasco going on at Gatwick, and the reaction of some ill informed, under educated individuals, but hopefully things will soon blow over and their limited brain function will default back to maintaining basic bodilly functions only.

The vertical TO seems to be the key so I`m keen to give it a go, thanks for all the advice chaps!!
Hi @Rogerlin
This was what happened to me yesterday while flying,

My 1st flight after the Gatwick scenario

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming