DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro Plat. FW 01.04.0300 Upgrade Success

phijon

Reactions
I bought and received my drone the first of January. Once I got it out and set-up, I needed to do a FW update (.0200). I could not get it to work either thru the RC or DJIA2. I sent it back to the dealer that sent it back to me 2 weeks later updated. SO the new update came out, I'm prepping my bags as I am heading to Thailand in the am, and again, cannot update the Mavic. I read some posts online that said to ensure your SD card is formatted, full batteries, and USB from DJIA2. I tried, no avail. I also noticed that the bottom of my bird was getting extremely hot during the process, almost to the point I couldn't touch it. ((That sounds like another issue I will take up with warranty when I return, but I don't think my cooling fan is kicking on)). So I let it completely cool off, and I attempted the download again. This time, I held the Mavi in my hand and blew in the front grill behind the gimble, on the bottom of the deck and in the back grill. This process took 15 minutes. But it worked. So I am curious if anyone else having this issue of firmware upgrade failure is also having an overheating issue due to the cooling fan not kicking on. Good luck and let me know.

Reactions: sniperfire
MPP, tonight I updated software in the aircraft and RC. The heat sink does get warm with the fan running during the upgrade.

Last edited:
Someone posted to a Facebook group that the 01.04.0300 firmware changes the limit on maximum altitude from 500 meters to 120 meters. Meaning, you can no longer set your Mavic to fly any higher than 120 meters above the takeoff altitude (AGL).

Can anyone confirm this?

Mark

Possible problem for update errors is the battery below 50% as soon as it goes below 50% it stops and says there is an error and gives an error code I can't remember wat it is. I had this prob the first time I took my MP out of the box it also won't even start an update if it's below 50%. I always have it charging while doing updates as they can take awhile sometimes. Hope this helps.

Someone posted to a Facebook group that the 01.04.0300 firmware changes the limit on maximum altitude from 500 meters to 120 meters. Meaning, you can no longer set your Mavic to fly any higher than 120 meters above the takeoff altitude (AGL).

Can anyone confirm this?

Mark
Why are you asking this in 2 different threads?

Updated today to new firmware and as far as I can see in the settings I can set the max height to more than 120 ain't tried to fly it yet but was able to change the setting ok.

Updated today to new firmware and as far as I can see in the settings I can set the max height to more than 120 ain't tried to fly it yet but was able to change the setting ok.
So you can or can't set max Altitude to 500m still?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes