DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with MA2 and new 1.2.0 update

Question after reading all about the goings on with the fiem ware and app updates should i up date to theese or leave it alone and fly with what i have? please advise.

Question after reading all about the goings on with the fiem ware and app updates should i up date to theese or leave it alone and fly with what i have? please advise.
Well, you could update and maybe things will work fine, I don't think the firmware updates are the issue, it appears to be all App related.

If you want to play it safe, you can stay where you are, like they say, if its not broke, don't fix it. Eventually though, if more updates come out, I would assume it will stabilize and then one can have more confidence in updating.

In my opinion, a good rule to follow with firmware and software updates for any device is that if it doesn't fix a problem that you're having, doesn't add a feature that you're missing, and doesn't fix a security issue, then there is no need to update.

The only significant feature added by the latest updates was the addition of Mini 2 support. A lot of people could have avoided problems by not updating things that didn't need updating.

Last edited:
Reactions: David G
Je viens de faire la mise à jour aujourd'hui sur l'application Fly et c'était principalement pour le Mini 2 qui sortira bientôt ... Donc, après avoir fait la mise à jour au démarrage du Drone, l'application démarre sur un écran vide. Si vous appuyez sur le bouton bascule photo / vidéo et que vous l'utilisez en mode vidéo, cela fonctionne parfaitement bien aussi 1x 2x 3x 4x zoom 3x manque maintenant. Lorsque vous revenez au mode photo, cela fonctionne parfois, mais c'est un peu saccadé et l'image en direct se fige. Et vous pouvez revenir en mode vidéo et cela fonctionne parfaitement bien et le flux d'images en direct est parfaitement fluide. J'ai aussi remarqué qu'il avait l'habitude de dire mode trépied avec un T maintenant c'est un C pour le mode cinéma. Il semble qu'ils aient mis à jour l'application Fly pour l'adapter à leur Mini 2, mais ont foiré l'application Mavic Air 2 dans le processus. J'utilise une application pour tablette Android ver 1.2.0

Post Update: L'application Fly avant la mise à jour du 5 novembre 2020 était la version 1.1.9 fonctionne parfaitement. La nouvelle mise à jour du 5 novembre ver # 1.2.0 est foutue pour le Mavic Air 2. NE METTEZ PAS À JOUR L'APPLICATION JUSQU'À CE QUE DJI RÉPARE CELA !!!
Un1.1.10? Before

In my opinion, a good rule to follow with firmware and software updates for any device is that if it doesn't fix a problem that you're having, doesn't add a feature that you're missing, and doesn't fix a security issue, then there is no need to update.

The only significant feature added by the latest updates was the addition of Mini 2 support. A lot of people could have avoided problems by not updating things that didn't need updating.
The problem is DJI seems to have rushed this, other than the the AC Firmware, the RC firmware had a couple releases, and the software of course has been problematic with some minor glitches since 1.1.7 I think with battery logging issues..

Eventually, there will come an update that everyone will need, I can see why DJI does not want Fly MA2 and Fly-Mini, it would be confusing, though perhaps separating the builds might have been more reliable. Hard to say..

A larger problem is, instead of DJI acknowledging issues, and indicating that fixes are coming, things come out piecemeal, a firmware tweak here another build # for the same Fly version there.. and sometimes it seems like the battery logging issue never gets fixed and that last worked in 1.1.6.

Then of course, there are all the video issues or the signal/distance issues, which some pilots have gotten past, others have not, why does it seem to start working for some and not others? Guess we'll look for at least more Fly Versions soon..

I have been unaware of these issues as I just got my MA2 on Wednesday. I did let it do all the firmware updates it needed (even all 3 batteries) just because it was all brand new. I took the drone to a Thanksgiving party and flew it over the Tennessee River and surrounding area of the neighborhood. I had no problems whatsoever except a choppy signal degradation on one of the two flights out to a controlled fire which was about 1/2 mile away. First flight was rock solid while the second flight produced choppy live feed on my Moto z4 at about the same distance out. I just figured it was some interference somewhere even though I was out in a very rural area.

DJ Fly App v1.21
Aircraft v01.00.0460
RC v02.00.1101
Moto Z4
Android v10
Build QDFS30. 130-42-5-10-2

Last edited:
The problem is DJI seems to have rushed this, other than the the AC Firmware, the RC firmware had a couple releases, and the software of course has been problematic with some minor glitches since 1.1.7 I think with battery logging issues..

Eventually, there will come an update that everyone will need, I can see why DJI does not want Fly MA2 and Fly-Mini, it would be confusing, though perhaps separating the builds might have been more reliable. Hard to say..

A larger problem is, instead of DJI acknowledging issues, and indicating that fixes are coming, things come out piecemeal, a firmware tweak here another build # for the same Fly version there.. and sometimes it seems like the battery logging issue never gets fixed and that last worked in 1.1.6.

Then of course, there are all the video issues or the signal/distance issues, which some pilots have gotten past, others have not, why does it seem to start working for some and not others? Guess we'll look for at least more Fly Versions soon..
I agree 100%. Technical issues aside, communication = respect and confidence for current and future DJI customers. A simple response/acknowledgement from DJI would go a long way.

Well I wish I would have found this thread sooner! So is everyone good in here now?

To further complicate matters, here are the magic numbers that are working flawlessly for me. 1.2.1 was a serious disaster on my end.Screenshot_20201209-204957.png

Is anyone who’s having problems with v1.2.1 running it on an iOS device (iPhone or iPad)? It looks like the problems seem to be predominantly with Android devices.

I have just installed the fly app on my android and the version is now 1.2.1 I have not tried
it out on the drone yet (Mavic Air 2) if it is causing problems when I do How can I get the earlier version
of the App? and which version is best suited ?

Last edited:
I flew my MA2 today on Fly App 1.2.1 on a Samsung A51 5G and after than on Fly App 1.2.2 on an iPhone 6 Plus and I did not experience any issues so far.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie