DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with MA2 and new 1.2.0 update

I followed your instructions on my Android and was able to see that the App version is 1.2.0. So would I be right in thinking I need to uninstall this and download an older version?

Thank you
Since it's Android and I have no experience in using that with the MA 2, I can't advise you on downgrading to an older version on your phone (or tablet?). Maybe someone here has done comprehensive testing and has an opinion based upon empirical data. I had an Android phone before getting the iPhone 10X (and still have a great Galaxy tablet together with an iPad 5 mini) and went with Apple-based platforms upon my perception that there was more worldwide compatibility with it. So far, I haven't been disappointed. But that's anecdotal, not empirical, so there are lots of opinions about it and you'll have to make your choice on what data you are most comfortable with. Long-winded way of saying "I dunno."

Reactions: Tinyroo
Here's an update.

I hope it helps some of you having issues. Yesterday was a fail for the update and firmware.
I'm running a Samsung 10+ and running Fly app 1.2.0 and drone firmware 0460 and RC 1101. I updated DJI assistant 2 and when I did a test run the drone RTH 24ft out. I took the battery out and rebooted my phone same issues.

I tried to roll back the firmware and it wasn't showing up with older firmware.

So I started fresh. I reloaded the firmware on Drone and RC then uninstalled the Fly app on my phone, rebooted it and installed it.

Went back outside for one last flight. Before I flew I re linked the controller and drone then Calibrated the IMU and Compass. Made sure I was in airplane mode and too off.

I had a great flight no signal loss or dropping or freezing.

Today with help of my buddies as spotters I took 2 longer flights. I went 11,000ft on one and almost 7000ft on another.

I had 2 little issues the video on my phone was jerky so changed the transmission from HD to smooth and it was much better. I never had an issue before. (The video downloaded was fine just screen transmission. 2nd issue I had the signal dropped from 100 to 0 around 7000ft. But then back to 100.

I can say by doing these steps it seemed to clear up alot issues I had. Hope this helps

This just popped up whos gunna try it
e452fc6dadabec997fd9074204f25d0d.jpg

Reactions: Bearsfan77
This just popped up whos gunna try it
The file size seems a little small for the whole app, unless its a patch of some sort?

I did refresh the App Store and v 1.2.1 has appeared at 317.5MB.... who is the brave IOS user that will see if it saves the day.. Reports that it fixed weak signal issues for Mavic Mini, and, some issues and overall stability.

Thank you again @Jim12X

Im not sure why I'm having problems still. I've done a roll back on the phone app on my Android Hauwei Honor 10. Just been out to test fly and I'm getting lag on my videos, it doesn't show on playback so it must be the app? Last week I was using a Samsung galaxy s7 and had no problems but that phone packed up so I got a second hand Huawei phone, could this be the issue?
I really don't know what to do and I'm worried about flying too far. I hope some one can help me.

Many thanks
Dave

Attachments

• 20201113_150716.jpg
    20201113_150716.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
just been out 3 flights no issues at all using latest 1.2.0 ipad mini 5th gen ,flew out to over 2km altitude up to 300 feet no issues at all on screen or camera ,i did notice the tripod mode is now C mode .no issues at all with any functions.;)

Thank you again @Jim12X

Im not sure why I'm having problems still. I've done a roll back on the phone app on my Android Hauwei Honor 10. Just been out to test fly and I'm getting lag on my videos, it doesn't show on playback so it must be the app? Last week I was using a Samsung galaxy s7 and had no problems but that phone packed up so I got a second hand Huawei phone, could this be the issue?
I really don't know what to do and I'm worried about flying too far. I hope some one can help me.

Many thanks
Dave
ANDROID issue with the latest app unless anyone else has IOS issues ...

ANDROID issue with the latest app unless anyone else has IOS issues ...
One really has to define latest app, because in the past few weeks, there have been at least 3 now... 1.1.1.0, and then 1.2.0 and now today on Friday the 13th, we have 1.2.1

Reactions: AnDronioBanderos
One really has to define latest app, because in the past few weeks, there have been at least 3 now... 1.1.1.0, and then 1.2.0 and now today on Friday the 13th, we have 1.2.1
I have 1.2.0 currently so maybe if I roll back to 1.1.1.0 it my solve my problems.....

Does the latest version solve the problems created by the previous update?
This the implication in the description, personally I have not tried it yet... not optimal flying weather up here in Minnesota USA, so I usually don't futz with things unless I have a chance to test them, perhaps soon despite the cold, there will be a better day to give it all a try.

I noticed the IOS verions 1.2.1 this evening so updated on the phone as I havent read any user reports on this one but have version 1.1.10 also installed on the same phone so I have a back up.

Updated to 1.2.1 on Android also but will mainly use the iphone so should have all bases covered with the MA2.........hopefully.

I didn't think it possible to have 2 different versions installed. I wouldn't recommend having both installed, may be conflicts.

I didn't think it possible to have 2 different versions installed. I wouldn't recommend having both installed, may be conflicts.
The way IOS works, like Mac OS, they would run in independent memory spaces, that why you can kill specific app processes by the method that IOS uses to do that... I am only assuming that both versions got installed because the older version was installed ad-hoc..

They seem to run independently but I will check if there are any incompatibility issues.

Hopefully it would be safe though.

One is installed from ios store and the older version from dji and there is a work around to install older app versions.

I was surprised they both installed and when I did the update earlier, it only updated the one from the ios store.

Im sure I've seen posts where pilots are running modded versions next to ios store versions so hopefully it's OK to do but maybe one of the software experts might advise as there are many other options with a lot more knowledge than me :(

The way IOS works, like Mac OS, they would run in independent memory spaces, that why you can kill specific app processes by the method that IOS uses to do that... I am only assuming that both versions got installed because the older version was installed ad-hoc..
Yes I installed the older version straight from the dji site to have it as a backup but expected it to overwrite the existing one. Hopefully it won't cause any problems. Any advice would be great. :)

Last edited:
Yes I installed the older version straight from the dji site to have it as a backup but expected it to overwrite the existing one. Hopefully it won't cause any problems. Any advice would be great. :)
I would not expect having both to cause issues, however, there is some unknown territory here, someone may know, but I am not sure.. I would think you'd want to force quit the one that you are NOT using, so that its not accessing any of the data files that Fly creates and writes to..

If you delete one of them, its possible that it will of course delete all the data files in the DJI Fly folder that you can see in Files and then when you run the remaining version you keep, it will re-create all the data files new again.. I'd also suggest making sure neither version is running when you decide to delete one... just seems safer that way.

Hopefully 1.2.1 is stable, and you can just delete the older Ad-Hoc version you installed.

Updating to v1.2.1 of DJI Fly app has not worked for me ...... in fact, it's made it worse. Whilst the image on the phone is not freezing as much, there is still a delay between gimbal tilt & aircraft rotation and the image on the phone. BUT the worse thing is the image is now very much pixelated in camera and video mode. Switching between the two modes, the image is pin sharp, but after a matter of seconds the image starts pixelating. Same when switching between auto and manual modes in camera mode. (This is with aircfraft firmware at 01.00.04600; RC firmware at 02.00.1101; android at v9). I uninstalled and reinstalled v1.2.1 twice ... but still crap. I think I'm going to uninstall v1.2.1 and install a previous version of the app ...... but which one ...... v1.1.9 or v1.1.10 (which variant)?

It seems so odd across the various threads that are discussing these software updates the inconsistencies of it works or seems to for some and not others.... Is there a missing step that some are doing that other are not, or do later flights for those that report it seems to be working, stop..

I guess if there is one thing, seems like rolling back to a previous version of the app works for many, though is that roll back more effective for Android users or IOS users.. seems like IOS maybe having a little more success at stability.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf