DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with MA2 and new 1.2.0 update

Hi, i have the same problem...

today I wanted to fly a drone, but no chance. I have terrible lags in the image preview. Similar to this movie on YT, but with me, video and picture, it's all the time big lag ...
So I can't fly at all. I did the RC downgrade, but after the downgrade it won't connect to the drone (with version 1.2.0 installed on android). I can't find how to downgrade the dji fly app. There is only an iOS software downgrade on the dji website.
But interestingly, I connected an iphone, installed 1.2.0 and I have no lag in the image. But there is another problem.
I flew the same route from my house towards the mountains ... and I always flew 1.5 km without any problems, then the first drops in the n range appeared (orange lines) and now after the update it is barely 500m and already breaks the connection with the information that there is no connection between drone and RC and then RTH starts. of course, in 3 seconds the signal returns to full power. and so it stops all the time or is full range ....
What a crap ...

today I wanted to fly a drone, but no chance. I have terrible lags in the image preview. Similar to this movie on YT, but with me, video and picture, it's all the time big lag ...
So I can't fly at all. I did the RC downgrade, but after the downgrade it won't connect to the drone (with version 1.2.0 installed on android). I can't find how to downgrade the dji fly app. There is only an iOS software downgrade on the dji website.
But interestingly, I connected an iphone, installed 1.2.0 and I have no lag in the image. But there is another problem.
I flew the same route from my house towards the mountains ... and I always flew 1.5 km without any problems, then the first drops in the n range appeared (orange lines) and now after the update it is barely 500m and already breaks the connection with the information that there is no connection between drone and RC and then RTH starts. of course, in 3 seconds the signal returns to full power. and so it stops all the time or is full range ....
What a crap ...

What a crap ...

I just did the update on Fly app and it was mostly for the Mini 2 that's coming out soon... So after I did the update when I boot up the Drone the app boots up to a blank screen. If you push photo/video toggle button and use it on video mode it works perfectly fine also 1x 2x 3x 4x zoom 3x is now missing. When you toggle back photo mode sometimes it works but it's a little choppy and the live picture freezes. And you can toggle back to video mode and it works perfectly fine and the live picture feed is perfectly smooth. I also noticed it used to say tripod mode with a T now it's a C for Cinema mode. It looks like they updated the fly app to fit their Mini 2 but screwed up the Mavic Air 2 app in the process. I'm using an Android phone and tablet they both do the same thing not sure if it affects the iPhone.

The fly app before the Nov 5, 2020 Update was ver# 1.1.9 works perfectly. The new update on Nov 5th ver# 1.2.0 is screwed up for the Mavic Air 2. DO NOT UPDATE THE APP UNTIL DJI FIXES THIS!!!

yeah, i install 1.1.9 and all back to good and everything is fine .... no lags on live view. Tomorrow will test on fly.

Reactions: In The Zone
I just did the update today on Fly app and it was mostly for the Mini 2 that's coming out soon... So after I did the update when I boot up the Drone the app boots up to a blank screen. If you push photo/video toggle button and use it on video mode it works perfectly fine also 1x 2x 3x 4x zoom 3x is now missing. When you toggle back photo mode sometimes it works but it's a little choppy and the live picture freezes. And you can toggle back to video mode and it works perfectly fine and the live picture feed is perfectly smooth. I also noticed it used to say tripod mode with a T now it's a C for Cinema mode. It looks like they updated the fly app to fit their Mini 2 but screwed up the Mavic Air 2 app in the process. I'm using an Android tablet app ver 1.2.0

Post Update: The fly app before the Nov 5, 2020 Update was ver# 1.1.9 works perfectly. The new update on Nov 5th ver# 1.2.0 is screwed up for the Mavic Air 2. DO NOT UPDATE THE APP UNTIL DJI FIXES THIS!!!
I wish I had read your post earlier. I updated yesterday and had problems as you describe. How can I get rid of the new update??? Afraid to fly my Air 2 now!!!! How can DJI do this to us? I don't want to lose my $1,000 drone!!

Reactions: In The Zone
I wish I had read your post earlier. I updated yesterday and had problems as you describe. How can I get rid of the new update??? Afraid to fly my Air 2 now!!!! How can DJI do this to us? I don't want to lose my $1,000 dro

I wish I had read your post earlier. I updated yesterday and had problems as you describe. How can I get rid of the new update??? Afraid to fly my Air 2 now!!!! How can DJI do this to us? I don't want to lose my $1,000 drone!!
I found the DJI Fly App Ver# 1.1.9 for Android DJI Fly 1.1.9 (2045258) APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror I uninstalled Ver# 1.2.0 then installed the old one and everything seems to be working perfect

1.1.10 is actually the Android version before 1.2.0. Not 1.1.9. I'm just not going to update till we know for sure these issues are fixed.

Quick question, before I disable automatic update the v1.2.0 was installed and been pretty new at drones don't understand this. Ex, when I look the 1.1.10 I see 3 variants, which one do you install, the latest one, or anyone is good? Running Android v10. Thanks. (Want to remove 1.2.0 and wait for a more stable version.)

Quick question, before I disable automatic update the v1.2.0 was installed and been pretty new at drones don't understand this. Ex, when I look the 1.1.10 I see 3 variants, which one do you install, the latest one, or anyone is good? Running Android v10. Thanks. (Want to remove 1.2.0 and wait for a more stable version.)
I would say the newest dated one of Oct 23. You could just use 1.1.9 otherwise.

Reactions: Jay241
Since installing the update Im having disconnection issues where it is very unreliable even at much closer distance than previous drop outs and then struggles to reconnect sometimes requiring the drone to be turned off and restarted. Drone does unexpected moves for a few seconds after disconnect until RTH kicks in.
Samsung Note 8
solved the issue for me downgrading the remote firmware on Assistant then it seemed all good but did have an interference warning pop up that I ignored ...after holding off I couldnt help myself and reloaded remote firmware reading its claim to improve connection and tested - 2.5km in urban environment with solid signal turning back before going out of range (just out of balls). Not sure if DJI Fly snuck a little update in there somewhere but Im back to lovin flying this thing

I have Apple devices. Is there a way to uninstall for Apple devices?
You can delete it, but you cannot re-install an older version unless its made available again in the App Store.. There are ways to install beta software outside the App Store, but the App would have to be accessible that way..

At this point, make sure you have the latest firmware installed using the DJI Assistant for Mavic, and perhaps delete and re-install the app and if you were having issues, see if things stabilize.

You want v1.1.9

Just flew with the old
I have Apple devices. Is there a way to uninstall for Apple devices?
I use a piece of software called iMazing (Digi DNA) to manage my Apple devices (backup/pictures/etc). I used it to:
  • delete the new app (v1.2.0)
  • install the previous version from a backup (v1.1.10)
It's much better than iTunes. I won't be updating either the firmware or app until I see some positive experiences here (or an message from DJI...but I'm not holding my breath).

You want v1.1.9
ITZ, I thought the issue was with 1.1.12 (oops I meant 1.2.0), haven't use the drone since downgraded to 1.1.10 due to all the rain and storm down here, has anyone have issues with 1.1.10? No biggie as now I know how to do it and is very quick.

Last edited:
There are two things that have been problematic with the Mavic Air 2.

1. DJI Fly app version 1.2.0 - the update caused video connectivity to become unstable, lag and freeze. In addition the stick commands were not accurate and caused the Mavic Air 2 to respond errantly to the commands. - Fix: As per DJI Support delete the DJI Fly app and reinstall it. This resolved the problem for me.
  2. Remote Control firmware -
    1. 11/5 update - added support for Mini 2
    2. 11/7 update fixed problems with the firmware released on 11/5

Just updated to the new app and also updated the drone this morning. When I took off my camera view on my cell phone connected to remote was stuck and not a live picture. It would update view every 10 seconds or so and just be a still image. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the updates and it still does this. Anyone else having this problem or am I missing something? I have never had an issue with this drone before this last update and have over 200 flights logged with it. Thanks for any help..
Finally weather to try - didn't notice any problems with video or pictures.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov