DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with MA2 and new 1.2.0 update

I've had no issues with my apple device, latest firmware and app...

Unfortunately I have had issues with the latest firmware and app on my iPhone 11 pro max (14.2). I too am curious if rolling the app and firmware back are possible on an IOS device?

Multiple connection losses, and on resume frozen telemetry and camera functions. Luckily I have not lost the live feed and overall control, but I’d rather not take my chances and roll the app back to a time it was considered safer to use.

Unless you can find the older version of the fly app on the App Store I don’t believe you can go back. One more reason to have “auto updates” turned off on a iPhone or iPad. With all of these issues DJI should place the older version of fly app back on the App Store. With Android you can always go back.

Paul C

Unfortunately I have had issues with the latest firmware and app on my iPhone 11 pro max (14.2). I too am curious if rolling the app and firmware back are possible on an IOS device?

Multiple connection losses, and on resume frozen telemetry and camera functions. Luckily I have not lost the live feed and overall control, but I’d rather not take my chances and roll the app back to a time it was considered safer to use.
Same here. I have not heard DJI even acknowledge its screw up, let alone offer or announce a fix or firmware rollback. I can't fly my Mavic Air 2 safely or with confidence any more. Like others, it cost me over $1,000!!!! If I lost it, I be DJI would not refund me or replace the drone. BAD BUSINESS. I MUST BE brought to DJI'S ATTENTION!!!! On YouTube, not one of the many well-known people has mentioned the problem either!!!!! WTF!!!!!! All I hear about is the Mini 2.

Sounds like I will updating both my app and drone firmware later this week pending any additional posts/problems with the new versions. Got a big flight tomorrow that I don't want to risk...and will have time to try the new updates this weekend.

Same here. I have not heard DJI even acknowledge its screw up, let alone offer or announce a fix or firmware rollback. I can't fly my Mavic Air 2 safely or with confidence any more. Like others, it cost me over $1,000!!!! If I lost it, I be DJI would not refund me or replace the drone. BAD BUSINESS. I MUST BE brought to DJI'S ATTENTION!!!! On YouTube, not one of the many well-known people has mentioned the problem either!!!!! WTF!!!!!! All I hear about is the Mini 2.
You can always roll back the firmware for the RC in this case with the DJI Assistant for Mavic, but if you've installed the new App on IOS, unless DJI removes it and moves it back to 1.1.1.0 I think it was or 1.1.9, or provides a way if the App Store allows it to have the previous version available, your stuck with 1.2.

Some people are reporting some stability, so not sure if there is some process of making sure you actually have the latest firmware, and restarts to insure that everything is stable.

It would be nice if DJI actually was more forth coming and owned it and provided the needed options for customers to roll back to a previous version of the Fly App on IOS if needed. Course IMHO Android has been more problematic than IOS, which is why there are more options to revert.

You can always roll back the firmware for the RC in this case with the DJI Assistant for Mavic, but if you've installed the new App on IOS, unless DJI removes it and moves it back to 1.1.1.0 I think it was or 1.1.9, or provides a way if the App Store allows it to have the previous version available, your stuck with 1.2.

Some people are reporting some stability, so not sure if there is some process of making sure you actually have the latest firmware, and restarts to insure that everything is stable.

It would be nice if DJI actually was more forth coming and owned it and provided the needed options for customers to roll back to a previous version of the Fly App on IOS if needed. Course IMHO Android has been more problematic than IOS, which is why there are more options to revert.
Here is the link to 1.1.9 on apkmirror: You searched for DJI Fly 1.1.9 - APKMirror

After reading all the above posts, I downloaded the latest updates of DJI Fly onto my iPad and iPhone anyway. Version 1.2. Connected the MA2 and it was responsive to the sticks' input but no image on the screen from the camera. Went into settings and found the "reset camera" command. Did that and the camera's image showed up on the iPhone and iPad. I checked all the settings and found a few that were different in the obstacle avoidance. Reset those. Flew it several times and it was responsive as ever. Invoked the RTH several times and it came back right to where it took off every time. So, I think I'm good. BUT, I haven't done anything at distance yet so I'll wait until I'm somewhere I can push it way out to test whether that has been degraded.

Reactions: Tufargon
The problem has nothing to do with the firmware on the Drone or the controller. The app update is the problem. DJI updated the fly app for the Mini 2 and it screwed up the app for the mavic Air 2... I believe the app version was 1.1.0 the update ver is 1.2.0 hopefully DJI gets this fixed very quickly because it really does suck.
Hi, large number of MM users in the UK are also reporting problems with the 1.2.0 version. picture freezes, weak connection at only 5 meters etc. Definitely the app.

It was reported on youtube that firmware version V2.00.1100 was causing the problem. DJI came out with version V2.00.1101 on Nov. 6th which seems to have fixed the lost of transmission at short ranges.

After reading all the above posts, I downloaded the latest updates of DJI Fly onto my iPad and iPhone anyway. Version 1.2. Connected the MA2 and it was responsive to the sticks' input but no image on the screen from the camera. Went into settings and found the "reset camera" command. Did that and the camera's image showed up on the iPhone and iPad. I checked all the settings and found a few that were different in the obstacle avoidance. Reset those. Flew it several times and it was responsive as ever. Invoked the RTH several times and it came back right to where it took off every time. So, I think I'm good. BUT, I haven't done anything at distance yet so I'll wait until I'm somewhere I can push it way out to test whether that has been degraded.
It is a nice, clear, calm day here in the Sacramento area, so I decided to do a distance test. The MA2 went more than 3000' away, past where it had been losing signal in the past and performed flawlessly. Lotsa trees between me and the drone so I didn't try to go further. That is enough for what I like to use it for. Part of that is the many warnings coming in that I'm near an authorization zone. This is with the update on an iPhone 10X and, I assume, the associated firmware updates to the drone and/or controller. Once again the RTH brought it back to a pinpoint landing where it took off. I'm happy.

Reactions: Tzushanshen
It is a nice, clear, calm day here in the Sacramento area, so I decided to do a distance test. The MA2 went more than 3000' away, past where it had been losing signal in the past and performed flawlessly. Lotsa trees between me and the drone so I didn't try to go further. That is enough for what I like to use it for. Part of that is the many warnings coming in that I'm near an authorization zone. This is with the update on an iPhone 10X and, I assume, the associated firmware updates to the drone and/or controller. Once again the RTH brought it back to a pinpoint landing where it took off. I'm happy.
I have resolved most of the firmware/app issues--I think. I love the MA2, too!

Reactions: Jim12X
So, to be a little more clear maybe... your running IOS, with 1.2.0 and the latest Firmware updates for your RC, and things appear t be operating normally? Great... did you post a message with what if anything you had to do to get it working, or did you just install the software and firmware and wha-la, it worked? Was 1101 or 1102 on the firmware, I think I've seen both numbers bandied about?

So, to be a little more clear maybe... your running IOS, with 1.2.0 and the latest Firmware updates for your RC, and things appear t be operating normally? Great... did you post a message with what if anything you had to do to get it working, or did you just install the software and firmware and wha-la, it worked? Was 1101 or 1102 on the firmware, I think I've seen both numbers bandied about?
Glad you asked. Turns out that maybe not everything was updated. The "Flysafe Database" is 01.00.0340. Aircraft firmware is 01.00.0340. RC Firmware is 02.00.1101. When I clicked again on the "check for updates" for the Aircraft Firmware it said an update is available. It says my FlySafe Database is up to date. I am now ambivalent about updating the aircraft's firmware since it works so well now. As I posted earlier, after updating the Ap version to 1.2.0 I had to reset the camera to restore the camera video feedback onto my iPhone 10X. And had to reset some of the avoidance settings. I just now tried to update the firmware and it said the update failed. I'll try it again and report what, if anything, seemed to change.

Glad you asked. Turns out that maybe not everything was updated. The "Flysafe Database" is 01.00.0340. Aircraft firmware is 01.00.0340. RC Firmware is 02.00.1101. When I clicked again on the "check for updates" for the Aircraft Firmware it said an update is available. It says my FlySafe Database is up to date. I am now ambivalent about updating the aircraft's firmware since it works so well now. As I posted earlier, after updating the Ap version to 1.2.0 I had to reset the camera to restore the camera video feedback onto my iPhone 10X. And had to reset some of the avoidance settings. I just now tried to update the firmware and it said the update failed. I'll try it again and report what, if anything, seemed to change.
OK, Changed the battery to a fresh one and the update went fine. Now the Aircraft Firmware says 01.00.0460. After the final, I hope, update I launched and took the MA 2 out past the previous test point and to just over 4,000 feet away before it lost signal (as I said earlier, lotsa trees between me and the drone) and it began returning to home. I stopped the RTH around 3500 ft once I was sure I had reliable control and flew it manually out another direction past where I had flown my previous test. Signal got spotty a little over 3000 feet away (even more trees!) so I just hit the RTH button and it came back and made another pinpoint landing where it was launched. Again, I'm very happy with the results after updating all I could find to update. Before launching I did have some probs with getting clearance in my authorization zone near the Sacramento Metro airport. So after multiple tries, I turned my phone, the controller and the MA 2 completely off and all was well on the restart. Gotta remember the rule about completely shutting things down and restarting after an update.

Last edited:
How do you find out on your phone which version you are running?

Thank you
Hook up the phone to your controller and the drone. Hit the three little dots, ... in the upper corner which takes you to settings. Hit "about" and you will see all your versions. Click the "check for updates" to see if there are any for you.

Reactions: Tinyroo
Hook up the phone to your controller and the drone. Hit the three little dots, ... in the upper corner which takes you to settings. Hit "about" and you will see all your versions. Click the "check for updates" to see if there are any for you.
Thank you @Jim12X

I'm afraid I might have mislead you since my answer pertains to the iOS program and now I'm thinking you have asked about the Android version. Maybe they have the same menus in the DJI Fly program or maybe there are some differences. I don't know.

Reactions: Tinyroo
OK, Changed the battery to a fresh one and the update went fine. Now the Aircraft Firmware says 01.00.0460. After the final, I hope, update I launched and took the MA 2 out past the previous test point and to just over 4,000 feet away before it lost signal (as I said earlier, lotsa trees between me and the drone) and it began returning to home. I stopped the RTH around 3500 ft once I was sure I had reliable control and flew it manually out another direction past where I had flown my previous test. Signal got spotty a little over 3000 feet away (even more trees!) so I just hit the RTH button and it came back and made another pinpoint landing where it was launched. Again, I'm very happy with the results after updating all I could find to update. Before launching I did have some probs with getting clearance in my authorization zone near the Sacramento Metro airport. So after multiple tries, I turned my phone, the controller and the MA 2 completely off and all was well on the restart. Gotta remember the rule about completely shutting things down and restarting after an update.
Well, that sounds promising, though it does seem like the results are inconsistent for others... still reluctant here to push the trigger on it all.. though if something did break, its not optimal flying weather up here in Minnesota these days. though it does seem like getting the AC firmware updated finally maybe part of the stability equation.

I'm afraid I might have mislead you since my answer pertains to the iOS program and now I'm thinking you have asked about the Android version. Maybe they have the same menus in the DJI Fly program or maybe there are some differences. I don't know.
I followed your instructions on my Android and was able to see that the App version is 1.2.0. So would I be right in thinking I need to uninstall this and download an older version?

Thank you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan