DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with my 5.5 Crystalsky

ghedgepath

Reactions
My Crystalsky was working great and then I did an upgrade. First, I know many will say that you should never upgrade software unless you have to, but I did anyway. I did the no-fly-zone update. Since then, even though I've logged in to my account it acts like I'm not, and restricts my flight distance and height. Each time I start DJI Go 1.0.7 that came installed it tells me to download the latest no fly zone data. I do it, try to fly, and I'm restricted even though I'm logged into my account. The map on the Crystal sky does not display the no-fly-zones. In addition when I start the app it tells me to upgrade to DJI Go 4.1. Problem is I can't figure out how to do that. When I go into the app it says I have the latest firmware (4.0.7) even though there's more recent software available. The Google Play store won't let me download DJI Go or the Google play App because it says I don't have a registered device. I can't register a device without the app. Plus DJI probably won't let you download the app anyway. Meanwhile if I hook my Mavic up to my iPad it flys just fine and the no fly zones are displayed properly . I have a Mac. If I could figure out how to download the app to an SD card I could insert it into the Crystalsky and it might upload it from there. I'm not certain because the website isn't clear. Any ideas?

My Crystalsky was working great and then I did an upgrade. First, I know many will say that you should never upgrade software unless you have to, but I did anyway. I did the no-fly-zone update. Since then, even though I've logged in to my account it acts like I'm not, and restricts my flight distance and height. Each time I start DJI Go 1.0.7 that came installed it tells me to download the latest no fly zone data. I do it, try to fly, and I'm restricted even though I'm logged into my account. The map on the Crystal sky does not display the no-fly-zones. In addition when I start the app it tells me to upgrade to DJI Go 4.1. Problem is I can't figure out how to do that. When I go into the app it says I have the latest firmware (4.0.7) even though there's more recent software available. The Google Play store won't let me download DJI Go or the Google play App because it says I don't have a registered device. I can't register a device without the app. Plus DJI probably won't let you download the app anyway. Meanwhile if I hook my Mavic up to my iPad it flys just fine and the no fly zones are displayed properly . I have a Mac. If I could figure out how to download the app to an SD card I could insert it into the Crystalsky and it might upload it from there. I'm not certain because the website isn't clear. Any ideas?

I am sure that DJI will have a fix for this soon. If you can not wait for that, read this as it has worked for others. I am not recommending you do this but wanted to share what others have done. CrystalSky not compatible - latest Inspire 2 firmware

Reactions: ghedgepath
I am sure that DJI will have a fix for this soon. If you can not wait for that, read this as it has worked for others. I am not recommending you do this but wanted to share what others have done. CrystalSky not compatible - latest Inspire 2 firmware

Phew, thank you. You saved my holiday. Looks like it worked. The new software is installed and has a few new tweaks. Now even though Battery Saver mode is off if I just touch the power button it blanks the monitor. I'm sure this will help to save power and I won't feel the necessity to turn the monitor off as much. A long res shuts it down as before. Thanks again FDS!

Phew, thank you. You saved my holiday. Looks like it worked. The new software is installed and has a few new tweaks. Now even though Battery Saver mode is off if I just touch the power button it blanks the monitor. I'm sure this will help to save power and I won't feel the necessity to turn the monitor off as much. A long res shuts it down as before. Thanks again FDS!

Glad we could point you in a good direction, enjoy your holiday. I think when DJI comes out with an app update you might have to reset the CS and then update the CS. This is an educated guess.

Silly question but what upgrade is causing the problems- the upgrades to the drones or an upgrade to CS?

Hi Guys just got the CS 5.5 inch the supplier updated the firmware and i a meeting hundreds of wireless interference messages and my maps don't work....whats the fix pls help, i usually use an iPad pro but its too hot outside and that crapped out mid flight, so picked up a CS and apart from the warnings and no maps did work well ...any help would be much appreciated..thanks

Hi Guys just got the CS 5.5 inch the supplier updated the firmware and i a meeting hundreds of wireless interference messages and my maps don't work....whats the fix pls help, i usually use an iPad pro but its too hot outside and that crapped out mid flight, so picked up a CS and apart from the warnings and no maps did work well ...any help would be much appreciated..thanks

Perform a full reset on the CS via the settings and that should solve the map issue

Go to

Settings , Backup and Reset, Factory Data Reset, Reset this device.

Once done can you post the app version and CS fw version from the Settings, About device screen.

Perform a full reset on the CS via the settings and that should solve the map issue

Go to

Settings , Backup and Reset, Factory Data Reset, Reset this device.

Once done can you post the app version and CS fw version from the Settings, About device screen.

Attachments

• IMG_4572.JPG
    IMG_4572.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 39
Yea this may be a fw issue as I have seen it my self, Its been fed back. its not affected actual signal just had a flashing RC icon. one thing to try is another decent USB cable

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quakzopas